BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Would anyone be up for a straight swap with Bellamy?

Hmm wouldnt mind that at all.

Good player but an utterly obnoxious and odious individual . I reckon we should pass on him - I don't think he'd settle down here in this small town anyway.

I don't think my mate AESF would welcome him either.... unsure.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be up for a straight swap with Bellamy?

Hmm wouldnt mind that at all.

Good player but an utterly obnoxious and odious individual . I reckon we should pass on him - I don't think he'd settle down here in this small town anyway.

I don't think my mate AESF would welcome him either.... unsure.gif

besides if it was a straight swap we would still owe rangers 2.5 million

Or just maybe

Rangers buy him for £3m, and THEN Souness steps in, after half a season and offers them £8m.

It COULD happen!

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if that happens. The Newcastle board may have something to say about it if Boumsong doesn't live up to his transfer fee.

It's all a smokescreen imo, our captain wants to return back to the easy life and he's fully prepared to ditch us in the middle of a relegation fight to do it.

The way we are playing the last couple months, I don't think we're in a relegation dogfight anymore. (I know, things can change quickly, and with our upcoming fixtures, they might, but I don't think they will.)

As for the rest of the post, I agree totally.

To be honest im not shocked this has come about, it smelt funny as soon as Rangers bid for him within hours of his meeting with John Williams. I think that is why we went bit quiet on Savage for a few days, if he wants to go let him go, personally I do rate the guy but I cannot justify him being worth the money we paid, might as well save nearly £3M and put it to better use.

Bye Barry, enjoy Kilmarnock away

bottler

I'll be angry if Souness doesn't register an interest in Ferguson. Newcastle's midfield is a joke and Souness rated him so highly when he signed.

If he doesn't register an interest it will make me very suspicious about his purchase from Rangers for 7.5m. It will seem even more like a favour for Murray.

The possibility that Souness lost interest in his last year and between him, Fergie and Murray they decided to stitch us up can't be discounted in my book.

Thanks God Souness wasn't given any more money.

BTW, Dyer is well-named.

Edited by Bryan

Very difficult to claim the moral high ground here after the Savage saga but you'd have thought Ferguson would feel he owed us some loyalty after the backing the club and supporters gave him during his injury nightmare. When he's been fit he's hardly set the premiership alight either.

But lets face it he couldn't lace Batty or Sherwoods boots and isn't a massive loss if we get a decent price for him.

First of all Fergie is a great player!

Seriously where do people get this opinion of him as a great player. I've been saying this for a couple of months now. Most of us have seen him probably 25+ times playing whiilst he has been at Rovers and he has never once suggested that he is a great player. He's looked good at times but most decent players can do that.

I feel that when we bought him a lot of people were taken in with the price-tag, the reputation and being a 'biggish' name. People seem to identify him as being the best, most well known member of the squad. But that's all reputation and he has never shown himself to be near great on the pitch. Sure he may be the best midfielder we've got but, if Hughes has anything about him, we should be able to replace him for less than we sell him for.

I'm a bit miffed like everyone else that a player wants to leave our beloved club. However I've said this before - more or less all players that play for any club don't have the same passion for the club as we do. Players come and go and if he wants to leave then let him provided we get what we can from the deal. The one thing that really urinates me off is the fact that in the 18 months he's been here he spent 1/3rd of that time injured whilst we paid his huge salary. As Mr Shearer himself would say :- "There's no loyalty in football."

Edit - GAV manages to write my entire post in about 4 lines" wink.gif

Edited by Hasta

I am furious wit Ferguson, we pay a massive price for him and he doesnt perform,he gets injured,he then comes back and again doesnt perform,now he hands in a transfer request for the easy life!

This just shows that he has no ambition in life to better himself at the top level.

When Ferguson first came to Rovers what did he expect?

Champions League straight away?

If we hold out and try and get a fair price for him, although we still owe Rangers £2.5m. Let him go and play the same old 2 horse race league. We only want players who are willing to play for Rovers.

We don't need to buy a replacement if Thommo is back to 100%, he's better than Ferguson anyway. Come the summer when Tugay probably leaves we'll need someone to add depth, but for now Flitty, Tugay, Mokoena, Douglas and Reid backing up Savage and Thompson will be good enough.

Maybe we could make a bid for Michael Tonge or someone, but we'll be far better off if we put the money towards a striker.

Guest granny_2001uk

Well, we have finally agreed a fee for Savage, just hope it's not too much of a silly amount, hopefully closer to £2m than 3.

But i'd rather see him battling it out in our midfield rather than that coward Ferguson. Let the girl run home and hope we can get a decent price for him.

Barry Ferguson is our best player but... I must admit, we have gone downhill since he joined. Maybe a little harsh but if you look at the likes of Charlton, they sign players who give 100% every game. And despite Barry Ferguson having a lot of skill, his team work and effort have never been 100%. He has been getting stick for his last few performances and one game that sticks in my mind was the day we lost to Spurs at home. He lost the ball to Micheal Brown with a crap pass and didnt bother chasing back and spurs ended up scoring. I remember people around me including i constantly moaning about Fergusons performance that day.

Souness.  I appreciate the point about being run very well, but as Souness colludes with Murray all the time (allegedly of course)  I suspect he's let him know that Blackburn MIGHT just bite to get out of the payment.

Be nice if we could unofficially provide those two with concrete proof of that. Murray would pay 5 million then............... and Souness would have to damned well match it out of his own well greased pockets! mad.gif

Edited by thenodrog

I'd ring Souey up and see if he'd sell Dyer

Dyer was in tears on saturday at the abuse he got from the crowd - would be a great signing at 4 mil.

Dyer!!! Oh ffs..... I can just see Mark Hughes risking squad unity by importing a namby pamby, underachieving sick-note who has absolutely no interest in developing or utilising his marginally above average talent. Leave him with the Mags.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.