BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

He's got 30 months left on his contract contrary to what some people (i.e. murray) thinks, so leave him to rot in the reserves, train with the kids unless Rangers meet our price for him.

I still have a sneaky feeling that Rangers wont come up with the funds but very late on in the transfer window a certain Mr. Souness does, one or two things have made me a bit suspicious and I would not be surprised at all.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st post in a long time......

I am not suprised by this news and BF's agent seems to have done his job well....I think it is so wrong that John Viola has been able to orchestrate BF's possible move back to Scotland by telling Rangers that he and his family have still not settled in England and that he would welcome a move back to Rangers...now BF is unsettled and he is starting to believe that a move back home is what he really wants...nothing would have come of this 10 years ago and so it just goes to prove that agents have taken over and are ruining the game......

......and even though he might be coming to Rovers, I believe this to be the case with Savage too....Hughes comes to Rovers, Savage loves Hughes and so he gets his agent to do a deal. As said in one of the previous posts....where is the loyalty to thier contracts ?

I think that if he does go then this will be a massive step back for BF as he will have only 4 competitive games a season (plus any cup matches where Rangers are paired with the old enemy) and so I feel he is showing a total lack of ambition. If it were Man Ure, Arse or Chelski then it would be a different matter, but I don't think he has shown enough while playing for Rovers to get a move to one of the big 3....so it's back to the highlands and the easy life.

It will be sad to see him go because he has shown glimpses of the player he was said to be, but injury and playing in a poor team (under Souness) has not brought the best out of him.....I would like to say that one day he will prove to everybody that he is a top class player, but at 27 (and another 3-4 years at Rangers) will leave him with no where to go to prove it....such a waste

Anyway....if he does go then I hope that the money is spent on a striker as I would hope that the Savage transfer money is a separate issue.

Edited by BigDom

A week ago, I got appendicitis and was in hospital for a week. I come out, still in slight pain and see that my favourite player wants to leave the club. What the heck?!

I don't want him to go. It'll be the same old story year after year. Sell Duff for the money! Yeah good move!! Until we spend the whole of the following season depressed. Was £17m worth all those gloomy saturdays?

Is £5m for Ferguson worth another half season of subdued saturday afternoons walking back to the station after another crap club get a result at Sandcastle Ewood?

NO.

A week ago, I got appendicitis and was in hospital for a week. I come out, still in slight pain and see that my favourite player wants to leave the club. What the heck?!

I don't want him to go. It'll be the same old story year after year. Sell Duff for the money! Yeah good move!! Until we spend the whole of the following season depressed. Was £17m worth all those gloomy saturdays?

Is £5m for Ferguson worth another half season of subdued saturday afternoons walking back to the station after another crap club get a result at Sandcastle Ewood?

NO.

Deary me.

I was depressed and still am from the Duff sale.

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll always remember Lee Carsley warming up on the touchline at Ewood Park when he was a Rover - it was looking increasingly likely that we would miss out on promotion and he revealed in the press that he wanted to play in the Premier League amid Everton's interest. When Carsley rose from the bench to warm up ready to come on, the Blackburn End started a rendition of 'Fck off Carsley, fck off Carsley'!!! I was sat in the Jack Walker Stand that day and even those old fuddy duddys around me started joining in!! Needless to say, Souness signalled to Lee to retain his seat on the bench and that, as they say, was that. He transferred to Goodison a few days later.

Just wonder if Barry will get the same sort of reception on Monday against the Wankies?

I'll always remember Lee Carsley warming up on the touchline at Ewood Park when he was a Rover - it was looking increasingly likely that we would miss out on promotion and he revealed in the press that he wanted to play in the Premier League amid Everton's interest. When Carsley rose from the bench to warm up ready to come on, the Blackburn End started a rendition of 'Fck off Carsley, fck off Carsley'!!! I was sat in the Jack Walker Stand that day and even those old fuddy duddys around me started joining in!! Needless to say, Souness signalled to Lee to retain his seat on the bench and that, as they say, was that. He transferred to Goodison a few days later.

Just wonder if Barry will get the same sort of reception on Monday against the Wankies?

Was this in a parallel dimension?

Carsley left us for Coventry, and this was mainly due to the fact Flitty was coming back from his long term injury.

Didn't really get a reply to my wish for young Ben Watson of Crystal Palace. He seems like a really talented young midfielder, with good passing and a powerful shot - plus he's quite hardworking and knows how to put in a tackle!

Would be a good addition to Thommo IMO.

I think he'll be playing at Rangers at that stage!

It's over now the Rangers player at Ewood. He turned out to be a waste of money, money that a club like Rovers cant afford to squander. I never warmed to the Rangers player, because I always had a feeling this would happen. I still find it hard to believe the Rangers player was made captain. Kind of seemed like the old manager was justifying spending that obscene amount on a waster.

It's over now the Rangers player at Ewood. He turned out to be a waste of money, money that a club like Rovers cant afford to squander. I never warmed to the Rangers player, because I always had a feeling this would happen.

great point mate, i felt the same just wish i said it at the time, but when he came out saying he was happy, i put that to the back of my mind

Not a word from Ferguson to the thousands of ordinary folk who pay his £20k wages a week. And to throw in the towel now. All he had to do is keep stum and leave in four months - the way Berg did for United. A gutless individual.

And take his loyalty bonus and all the rest. He gets slated for not handing in a transfer request and then gets slated for handing one in. Funny old game really.

"The speculation is annoying," said Barry Ferguson.

"I'm loving it at Blackburn and, hopefully, I can stay here for a few more years yet," he said.

"I definitely see my future here. The main thing is that I'm happy and my family is happy."

"I've still got more than two years left on my contract and since the new regime have come in, I've really enjoyed it. I've learned so much in the last couple of months and I'm really enjoying myself."

"The training has been excellent. I think I can learn a lot more off the new guys who have come in and the stuff they are coaching us."

The words there from Mr Ferguson.

They were not said a year ago or six months ago. They were said just last month in December.

When he joined Rovers, Barry explained the reasons why:

"Moving to England will be good for the family."

"I'm excited about playing in the Premiership. I have always wanted to play at Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury, Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane."

Ferguson is a despicable and dishonorable man who has treated Rovers fans with contempt.

He told us how happy he was to play for the club last month. And now he wants to jump ship.

A guy who continued to have his vast wages paid each week when he was injured for six months - praising the care and support that he received from the Rovers medical team.

And this is the way that he now chooses to thank the club.

I'd like to know how much Barry was paid, in terms of a signing-on fee, to come to Rovers 18 months ago.

The usual amount is about 10% of the transfer fee. A six hundred grand signing-on fee perhaps?

Enough to pay for the nice big house he bought in Lytham St Annes?

Ferguson is a shameless, treacherous, unprincipled disgrace to football.

His actions have been disgusting. mad.gif

He's got 30 months left on his contract contrary to what some people (i.e. murray) thinks, so leave him to rot in the reserves, train with the kids unless Rangers meet our price for him.

rover.gif if we do not get the price hughes seems fit for wee barry i agree let him rot in the reserves,we might do british football some good,send him to trian with the donkeys in filey tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.