BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Supporting the team is priority number one but Ferguson needs to know he is out of order. If he just wanted a transfer we could auction him off for decent money by insiting on Rangers or bust he (and his agent) is not being loyal he's backing the club into a corner.

If BF genuinely thought Rangers would come in with a decent bid then he should be speaking up now and re-commiting himself to Rovers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silence is BF's best advice until all is settled.

He is probably about to miss a match for which he may or may not be fit but which he is under contract to be available for if fit. He submitted the transfer request so in theory he could be liable for his wages and any consequential loss.

Rangers may or may not have tapped him up- only Ferguson knows the truth. If they have, under UEFA Regulations (this isn't the namby pamby FA which is regulating the Ferguson saga), Rangers could be suspended from buying players for a period of time.

Viola has a commercial relationship with Ferguson outside of football which is far easier to evidence in a Court of Law than convincingly portray a 27 year old multi-millionaire multi-propertyed couple as homesick. Again the UEFA rules governing cross-border transfers are far tougher than FA rules which is why so few of them get into difficulties. Viola might have infringed any number of rules under which he holds his license.

Anything Fergie says publicly whilst these issues are implicitly or explicitly still open could have big unforeseen consequences.

I doubt the conversations today and tomorrow will be as simple as Rovers declining Rangers' offer, Rangers saying no new bid, and Hughes telling Ferguson he can still play for Rovers.

Equally, it will extremely surprising if any of what has happened will come before a Law Court or UEFA HQ but the damaged party (Rovers) will no doubt be resolving the matter on their own terms as far as they can being fully aware of the mayhem they could cause if they are dissatisfied..

rover.gif if fergie is fit rovers will be very foolish to play him tonight/the booing /or injury will cost the club one way or another.the guy is weak,not worth the captians armband and the sooner he goes to 2 team scotland the better.

any one who thinks he will not get booed is living in cloud cuckoo land,and will some of his fans explian his remark about how he had to leave scotland because his kids were getting grief all the time tinykit.gif

No Waggy, we dont think he wont be booed, we think he SHOULDNT be booed - if picked hes playing for Rovers as a Rovers player therefore support him, or at least dont boo him.

Its sad, I know, but he wants away fair enough, hes not refusing to play, he just wants to go back to Scotland to be a big fish in a little pond again.

Silence is BF's best advice until all is settled.

He is probably about to miss a match for which he may or may not be fit but which he is under contract to be available for if fit. He submitted the transfer request so in theory he could be liable for his wages and any consequential loss.

Rangers may or may not have tapped him up- only Ferguson knows the truth. If they have, under UEFA Regulations (this isn't the namby pamby FA which is regulating the Ferguson saga), Rangers could be suspended from buying players for a period of time.

Viola has a commercial relationship with Ferguson outside of football which is far easier to evidence in a Court of Law than convincingly portray a 27 year old multi-millionaire multi-propertyed couple as homesick. Again the UEFA rules governing cross-border transfers are far tougher than FA rules which is why so few of them get into difficulties. Viola might have infringed any number of rules under which he holds his license.

Anything Fergie says publicly whilst these issues are implicitly or explicitly still open could have big unforeseen consequences.

I doubt the conversations today and tomorrow will be as simple as Rovers declining Rangers' offer, Rangers saying no new bid, and Hughes telling Ferguson he can still play for Rovers.

Equally, it will extremely surprising if any of what has happened will come before a Law Court or UEFA HQ but the damaged party (Rovers) will no doubt be resolving the matter on their own terms as far as they can being fully aware of the mayhem they could cause if they are dissatisfied..

All of that post Philip ranges between idle speculation and plain @#/?.

If Ferguson is fit then presumably he's available for selection. If he's not selected it'll be the managers choice - no breach of contract at all.

How are we going to prove that ferguson's been tapped up. And morally, we're in no position to judge after what happened with Savage.

Viola has done nothing illegal at all. He may have given Ferguson bad advice but that's not punishable in a court of law as far as I know.

Not only are you obsessed with this whole mess, you've started dreaming up imaginary scenarios. I hope they're keeping you entertained because you're starting to look slightly deranged.

Tonight the fans should only be concentrating on 2 things.

Welcoming the likes of mokoena, nelsen and savage for their first league home games and also getting behind the club and giving the wanderers some stick!!

Good point Hughesy, what will the new boys' impression be of the home support if they are booing one of their own players???

Edited by millionpints

I dont think anyone should boo barry, im sure theres gonna be boos tonight but i dont agree. At the end of the day i think he is homesick, even though its only 3 hours away, maybe he likes the city life, where hes lived all his life in glasgow, instead of quiet old Lytham, if anyone has been to Lytham....his transfer request is very understandable. However theres not a chance of him leaving unless they double the bid, and thats what rovers will tell them to do. Why should we lose 3.5 million on a player we only bought off the same club only 17 months ago. Not to mention the guy wasnt playing for us for 6 months, we payed him still, provided him with everything he needed and helped his rehab. The cheek of Rangers, its a disgrace.

I think Barry is going to be professional about this and carry on playing for rovers. Then hopefully we can carry on improving and he might stay.

It does anger me though when players cant honour their contracts. Its a contract!!! and a very expensive one. Same with Savage, altho im looking forward to giving robbie a huge rovers welcome tonight.

come on rovers!!!

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Rangers moving onto Plan B. They are scouting a French midfielder.

No, we are scouting in France for a new midfielder. His name is Teemu Tainio. He's a Finnish International midfielder, who is out of contract with French side Auxerre at the end of the current season. He played in the Auxerre side who came to Ibrox in the UEFA Cup and won 2-0, and on arriving in Scotland he claimed, "I'm here to put Gers out of Europe ... then join them". He's been one of Auxerre's best players for two seasons now (at least), and has a decent reputation.

The only decision Teemu has to make is whether or not he passes up the rest of the UEFA Cup and French domestic season with Auxerre to move to Ibrox now, or does he sign a pre-contractual agreement to join the squad in the summer. If he moves now, we could get him for around £1 million.

I have to agree with some other folk on here, you do seem a touch obsessed with this topic. Ferguson is NOT returning to Rangers!

On another note, we were also scouting in France to take a look at Monaco striker Shabani Nonda who is also on a Bosman in the summer and can sign a pre-contractual agreement now. You may remember his as the man who scored into Chelsea with his first touch in the 1st Leg of the Champions League Quarter Final last season.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Anyone calling themselves a footballer surely just has to relish this game whatever their personal circumstances might be.

Sorry, but while to the people of Blackburn, this is a local derby, and it excites you all. I cannot, via your situation mentioned, see the likes of Del Piero, Zidane, Beckham, Figo, or Ronaldinho "relishing" Blackburn vs Bolton Wanderers.

And the last time I checked, those guys were footballers.

Sorry, but I found that comment, while understandable from a Rovers point of view, somewhat baffling.

He's painted himself into a right corner! What a prat.

He might have to take a transfer somewhere else now, as the fans will probably get on his back, and given the rumpus caused, may not forgive even with the passage of time.

And unless David Murray does some sponsored wlaks or something, maybe sells his dirty underwear on ebay as well, then Rangers won't be buying him.

What a mess.

According to the official site he is still injured.

I'm not sure whether to believe it or not!

Can't remember where I saw it Al, but Hughes has been quoted as saying that Ferguson has trained for the past three days and is fit. He said it was down to him [Hughes] to decide whether to play him or not.

Why don't we offer Ferguson to Newcastle in a straight swap deal for Craig Bellamy?

Souness gets his man and Hughes gets a class striker who he's managed for Wales. wink.gif

That'd do nicely. Soft arse can be home a bit quicker from a base about 50 miles north of Newcastle and we get a better player and quality striker (although he's trouble with a capital T) that we need...... and Murray and Rangers get f*c%ed right off.

He's painted himself into a right corner! What a prat.

He might have to take a transfer somewhere else now, as the fans will probably get on his back, and given the rumpus caused, may not forgive even with the passage of time.

And unless David Murray does some sponsored wlaks or something, maybe sells his dirty underwear on ebay as well, then Rangers won't be buying him.

What a mess.

David Murray won't be doing any sponsored walks.

He lost his legs in a car crash in his twenties, but still showed the courage to go on and become on of Scotlands most successful businessmen through his Murray International Metals firm.

And, if you knew about his leg injuries, and made that comment regardless, I'll be very disappointed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.