SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Ferguson seems to be staying.What to do with him?

There is no doubt that Ferguson is our best player even if he's playing at 80%(thats because this is rovers worst ever team since we've been in the premiership.Its just because of poor managing we got relegated in 99.)

And we are in a huge relegation battle.I dont think we will get more than 3points from our next 7 or 8 games so we could very well be in the bottom 3 by then.

So i believe we must keep Ferguson-and i couldnt give a toss if his family are unhappy-a lot of people are unhappy in life because of where they live but they get on with it.Im sure the money he gets will keep him happy till the summer  rolleyes.gif

The only way we should get rid of him is if it invloves a swap deal with Bellamy.

I disagree. We have a very good midfield and decent defence IMHO but no decent strikers which is a shame. Someone mentioned recently that we have the poorest forwards in the league, and I do not think thats far wrong. We have a nasty habit of far exceeding our opponents chances on goal but putting nothing away. Still, our all round side at the moment is certainly better than last years effort.

If only Andy Cole was here, we could use that kind of ability to hold up the ball.

Lets see what Hughes comes up with on loan.

As for Ferguson, I hope he assumes the attitude of just getting on with it and performing to earn him a good move in the summer. Playing poorly or throwing his toys out of the pram will do him no good at all. A Savage-Ferguson partnership promises alot. It is a ridiculous position to be in, a fine midfield and desperately bad strikers- but that is what we have.

Oh, Savage at the club could allow Ferguson to get forward in the way that so excited him at the start of the season.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Dado, you work for a bank you told us. You must be used to reading legal documents.

Go read the FIFA Regulations on transfers and agents.

Would you say Rangers and Viola have contributed to "The Maintenance of Stability" in the contract between Blackburn Rovers and Barry Ferguson as prescribed by FIFA?

You blame Viola for this farce. Rangers played along as well.

Dado, you work for a bank you told us. You must be used to reading legal documents.

Would you say Rangers and Viola have contributed to "The Maintenance of Stability" in the contract between Blackburn Rovers and Barry Ferguson as prescribed by FIFA?

Rangers did not contact Ferguson directly, and if we did, there's no proof. There is nothing stopping an agent from "acting on his clients' behalf".

Viola informed Rangers that Ferguson was "unhappy" and wanted a move. Rangers, following the rules, lodged a bid which was rejected.

Everything in between the first bid and this second new bid is nothing but mere speculation and "fantasy island" as someone quoted yourself as living on.

The second bid, made directly to Rovers via the correct channels, was rejected, and Rangers declare their interest as dead.

I feel sorry for Barry in all of this ... there's one thing about Glaswegians, we look after our own.

100 posts on this topic, congratulations.. wink.gif

I have just realised how ridiculous the Rangers final "substantial" offer was-

£900,000 cash now

£2.1m payment cancellation 31 August

£500,000 on appearances on the same formula they cheated on by NOT playing Michael Ball.

No doubt Rovers, Rangers and Viola are assessing the current situation- the latter two somewhat apprehensively.

So now, will Ferguson sign the Rovers' offer of an extended contract (no doubt the same as the deal offered by Rangers which could well be less than Rovers were going to offer anyway laugh.gif )?

The big focus for John Williams has to be to get the striker loan and the left back deal done before 17.00 on Monday. Then this will have been a mega-transfer window!

This is a significant day for Blackburn Rovers FC.

The only previously times another club has gone away empty handed when trying to prise away one of our "big" players were when Uncle Jack sent Man U packing over Shearer and we hung onto Duff when Liverpool came in for him.

£900,000 cash now

£500,000 on appearances on the same formula they cheated on by NOT playing Michael Ball.

No doubt Rovers, Rangers and Viola are assessing the current situation- the latter two somewhat apprehensively.

So now, will Ferguson sign the Rovers' offer of an extended contract (no doubt the same as the deal offered by Rangers which could well be less than Rovers were going to offer anyway laugh.gif )?

The big focus for John Williams has to be to get the striker loan and the left back deal done before 17.00 on Monday. Then this will have been a mega-transfer window!

The only previously times another club has gone away empty handed when trying to prise away one of our "big" players were when Uncle Jack sent Man U packing over Shearer and we hung onto Duff when Liverpool came in for him.

Somehow I dont think its over just yet, and to be honest I was hoping Rangers would meet our £6m price tag so that we could move on..

£900,000 cash now

So now, will Ferguson sign the Rovers' offer of an extended contract (no doubt the same as the deal offered by Rangers which could well be less than Rovers were going to offer anyway  laugh.gif )?

Somehow I dont think its over just yet, and to be honest I was hoping Rangers would meet our £6m price tag so that we could move on..

Fact is mate, he's not worth £6 million, and Williams knows this. Even the price you paid for him was over inflated and typical of Souness.

I thought £4.5m (£2.4m cash and £2.1m owed) would have been extremely fair.

Ah well, I always said it wouldn't happen ... unlike some people who came online and started mocking Rovers with the "Barry's coming home" chants.

For the record, Scotland Today (Glasgow's main news program on ITV) said that "a source close to the negotiations say the deal to bring Ferguson home is not dead".

I'll believe it when I see it.

£900,000 cash now

Yeah, brilliant day. We're left with a player who doesn't want to play for us. Someone who will never be worth £6m+ however long we hold onto him.

Still, no doubt the millions will be rolling in soon from Philipl's mythical court cases. dry.gif

Rangers bidding at a maximum 4.5 mill is an admission that they ripped us off for 2 mill. Maybe they should have the decency to send us 2 mill back.

At the moment everyone is a loser. Feguson is at a club he doesn't care for, Rovers have a high earner on the books whose heart isn't in it (yes, another one!) and Rangers haven't got their man.

Now that they've succeeded in de-stabilising our club, they should do the decent thing and make their way towards our valuation. I don't think it's dead either, they've gone this far, they may as well go teh last mile.

What an unholy mess.

Fact is mate, he's not worth £6 million, and Williams knows this. Even the price you paid for him was over inflated and typical of Souness.

Ah well, I always said it wouldn't happen ... unlike some people who came online and started mocking Rovers with the "Barry's coming home" chants.

For the record, Scotland Today (Glasgow's main news program on ITV) said that "a source close to the negotiations say the deal to bring Ferguson home is not dead".

Whether he is worth £6m or not Rangers have a bl**dy cheek trying to get him for anything less. The guy is at the peak of his playing career and is still a valuable asset to Rovers. (As seen when he was missing on Monday night).

This whole episode stinks

Rangers have confimed that the Barry Ferguson deal is DEAD. And there will be no more contact with rovers.

Right, lets swap him for Bellamy!!

Excellent news.

1) Make sure it is dead dead- no lazarus acts in the summer.

2) Rehabilitate or trade on.

Isn't this just what always happens? dry.gif

One club makes a bid. It's turned down.

They scrimp and scrape to make an improved "final" offer. It's turned down.

They say the deal's dead and usually "It's the player I feel sorry for."

Then the player moves two days later for an undisclosed fee.

The deal is dead.

Frankly, we can both get on with supporting our teams, and maybe Barry can find a new agent ... cause it's obvious Viola started this whole thing off.

Looks like the media source who posts on here WAS wrong for once eh? At Ibrox for his medical on Friday? Not a chance.

If Fergie fired his Agent and added a little sob PR story about being misled and how victimised he was it might help him save face a bit.

Rangers bidding at a maximum 4.5 mill is an admission that they ripped us off for 2 mill. Maybe they should have the decency to send us 2 mill back.

At the moment everyone is a loser. Feguson is at a club he doesn't care for, Rovers have a high earner on the books whose heart isn't in it (yes, another one!) and Rangers haven't got their man.

Now that they've succeeded in de-stabilising our club, they should do the decent thing and make their way towards our valuation. I don't think it's dead either, they've gone this far, they may as well go teh last mile.

What an unholy mess.

Sorry bud, but I think this one is dead.

And please remember that Rangers Football Club did not start this thing with Ferguson. Think back to the very beginning, it was Viola who informed Rangers that his client was "unhappy".

Remove the blue and white tinted specs and take a vacation from Phil's fantasy island.

The simple facts are:

1) Viola informs Rangers of Fergusons' "unrest".

2) Rangers lodge bid of £3m.

3) £3m bid rejected as derisory.

4) Ferguson hands in transfer request, probably on Viola's advice

5) Rangers bid £3m plus Ball, this is rejected.

6) Rangers lodge "final" bid worth £4m.

7) Final bid rejected.

8) Rangers declare deal as "dead" on the Official website.

These are the only cast iron facts, the rest is speculation, especially from our Maltese friend.

The Barry Ferguson deal is DEAD.

Rangers have confimed that the Barry Ferguson deal is DEAD. And there will be no more contact with rovers.

Right, lets swap him for Bellamy!!

Blackburn stated they would only sell ferguson to Rangers.He won't go to Newcastle.

Doesn't mean they won't do a SWAP deal to another club though eh? Play on words.

Whether he is worth £6m or not Rangers have a bl**dy cheek trying to get him for anything less. The guy is at the peak of his playing career and is still a valuable asset to Rovers. (As seen when he was missing on Monday night).

This whole episode stinks

When a player like Santi Solari is available for £650k, I think it's safe to say the football market is extremely depressed right now.

Look at the market ... £8m for Michael Owen? £6.3m for Morientes?

Compare this to when Zidane joined Real Madrid for around £47m!

The market is depressed, end of story.

I think some people are missing an important fact in all this that our performance at Bolton confirmed. We need Barry Ferguson, or another player like him (sadly, Tugay is no longer that player). Frankly, we could buy Michael Owen but without someone to get hold of the ball in midfield, dictate proceedings and show a bit of guile, he would be picking on scraps.

So whether he is worth £6M or not is irrelevant, it would cost a long way towards that amount to replace him.

If the deal is dead, hopefully, he will be professional about this and play to the best of his ability.

I think some people are missing an important fact in all this that our performance at Bolton confirmed. We need Barry Ferguson, or another player like him (sadly, Tugay is no longer that player). Frankly, we could buy Michael Owen but without someone to get hold of the ball in midfield, dictate proceedings and show a bit of guile, he would be picking on scraps.

So whether he is worth £6M or not is irrelevant, it would cost a long way towards that amount to replace him.

If the deal is dead, hopefully, he will be professional about this and play to the best of his ability.

I think people are massively over-estimating the difference Ferguson would have made to that performance against Bolton. True, we'd have been better off with him in there, but there was a lot more wrong than just us missing Ferguson.

As for hoping Barry acts like a professional now, he's hardly acted professionally so far has he? First of all he gets his agent to engineer a move to Rangers behind Rovers back, and then he hands in a transfer request when Rovers decide not to play ball. All this by the club captain halfway through a relegation scrap. Are these the acts of a professional? Are they f***.

Does anyone (apart from Philipl obviously) seriously believe we'll get more than £4m for him at any time in the future? Lets hope Nuclearsox is right and Rangers come in with a final, final bid.

That's what everyone is hoping for. But like Scotty says, he hasn't done that so far. He's the friggin captain, wanting to scurry off home to sunday league (And I don't care if the SPL is better than the media make it out to be. It's still not any good) in the midst of a relegation battle after 12 months (Excluding the 6 injury months) of picking up huge pay checks after moving from the very same club. Who incidentally ripped us of bigtime.

There could well be something dodgy though, with Souness a friend of Murray and then paying over the odds for Barry and Amo. I'd like to think it's just Souness stupidity, but who knows...

I think people are massively over-estimating the difference Ferguson would have made to that performance against Bolton. True, we'd have been better off with him in there, but there was a lot more wrong than just us missing Ferguson.

As for hoping Barry acts like a professional now, he's hardly acted professionally so far has he? First of all he gets his agent to engineer a move to Rangers behind Rovers back, and then he hands in a transfer request when Rovers decide not to play ball. All this by the club captain halfway through a relegation scrap. Are these the acts of a professional? Are they f***.

Does anyone (apart from Philipl obviously) seriously believe we'll get more than £4m for him at any time in the future? Lets hope Nuclearsox is right and Rangers come in with a final, final bid.

Well, taking it one point at a time. Yes we would have been better off against Bolton and although there were other things wrong the position Barry fills is the heartbeat of every team. Contrast that performance against recent ones when he has been playing.

Secondly, unless you specifically know differently, Ferguson appears to have acted totally professionally. He may not have displayed any loyalty to us, and that in itself is very disappointing, but he has followed the correct route to get a move back to Rangers (and not anywhere else). Furthermore, on no occasion has he dragged this through the media that I am aware of. So, based on fact, there is no reason to suggest he will not be professional about it. Of course, he could do a "Bellamy" and prove me wrong.

And no, I don't think we'll get more than £4m for him - but who you gonna replace him with for that much?

Lets remember that Murray said that he wouldn't improve his £3m offer - so I am still to be convinced that it is over.

However, in the cold light of day, whether Rovers regret turning down £4m will depend on Ferguson. I think everyone agrees that a Ferguson/Savage midfield pairing had everybody excited prior to his transfer request. We may actually have that opportunity - providing that Ferguson puts in a reasonable amount of effort to keep his place (and everything coming from Rovers suggests that he will).

I think Rangers have missed an important point about the Premier League - as Palace have shown with Routledge - it is sometimes better to retain a player and let him go for lower money at the end of the season if it means staying in the league or finishing higher. The money that Rovers could lose by hanging onto Ferguson until the end of the season - is nothing compared to getting relegated, or the potential £500k per place that is on offer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.