BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bully Boys 3 Norwich 0

den

Don't know if we shouldd take the lead in this match!!!

if you dont go in the lead you CANT win ........BIG BIG WIN COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i siad we shouldn't take the lead, if it happened to be gifted or given to us that would be a different matter wink.gif

Big win for who?

Rovers are due goals!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very, very nervous about this one huh.gif

Im not sure if im one my own on this one, but please Hughesy, get Nils-Eric back in the defence in place of Matteo.

I really dont want Huckerby to be drifting out wide and running at Matteo!

2-1 to the Blues, with a late Norwich goal making it a horrible last 15 mins.

The official Rovers site reports that Bothroyd might be fit for fight on Saturday, and back in the squad. In that case this is my team:

Friedel

Nelsen Mokoenna Todd Johansson

Emerton Savage Tugay Pedersen

Dickov Bothroyd

3-0! rolleyes.gif

I don't see why people are overplaying the so-called importance of this game. To me it's just another Premiership fixture where we are aiming for 3 points, just like all the other 11 matches remaining.

Even if we lose then so what? They will still be 2 points behind us and bar Palace losing by a cricket score they will still be in the bottom 3. Rather be in our position than theirs.

Let's look at it rationally, what on earth have we got to be afraid of playing a newly promoted side of very limited quality (Huckerby and Francis apart) who

(a) have not won away from home

(b ) have scored only 6 goals, the worst away goals tally in the Premiership

(c ) have only taken the lead once away from home, in a 1-1 draw against Portsmouth, who we beat in the equivalent fixture

(d) have the joint worst defensive record, 14 goals more than us, with only 5 more goals going forward

(e) have only won 3 all season and even in their 3rd were lucky against WBA

And contrary to popular belief, they are NOT in good form. Before their win last weekend their form (including an FA cup defeat at West Ham) was P9 W0 D2 L7. Their recent goal glut doesn't disguise the fact that they still have one of the worst attacks in the Premiership (only WBA and ours are worse). The Canaries only came back against Boro because Boro got complacent and thought the job was done after being 4-1 up with only 10 minutes to go. By all accounts they were fortunate not to lose against WBA after the Baggies outplayed them and played the better football, only for Norwich to benefit from WBA's defence being just as charitable as theirs.

I don't know why people are so pessimistic and predicting us to lose 2-1 or 2-0 to a side as weak as Norwich, when we only lost conceded 1 goal each to three teams far superior in quality (and were unlucky against two of them at least).

Have faith, some of you!

I don't see why people are overplaying the so-called importance of this game. To me it's just another Premiership fixture where we are aiming for 3 points, just like all the other 11 matches remaining.

Even if we lose then so what? They will still be 2 points behind us and bar Palace losing by a cricket score they will still be in the bottom 3. Rather be in our position than theirs.

Let's look at it rationally, what on earth have we got to be afraid of playing a newly promoted side of very limited quality (Huckerby and Francis apart) who

(a) have not won away from home

(b ) have scored only 6 goals, the worst away goals tally in the Premiership

(c ) have only taken the lead once away from home, in a 1-1 draw against Portsmouth, who we beat in the equivalent fixture

(d) have the joint worst defensive record, 14 goals more than us, with only 5 more goals going forward

(e) have only won 3 all season and even in their 3rd were lucky against WBA

And contrary to popular belief, they are NOT in good form. Before their win last weekend their form (including an FA cup defeat at West Ham) was P9 W0 D2 L7. Their recent goal glut doesn't disguise the fact that they still have one of the worst attacks in the Premiership (only WBA and ours are worse). The Canaries only came back against Boro because Boro got complacent and thought the job was done after being 4-1 up with only 10 minutes to go. By all accounts they were fortunate not to lose against WBA after the Baggies outplayed them and played the better football, only for Norwich to benefit from WBA's defence being just as charitable as theirs.

I don't know why people are so pessimistic and predicting us to lose 2-1 or 2-0 to a side as weak as Norwich, when we only lost conceded 1 goal each to three teams far superior in quality (and were unlucky against two of them at least).

Have faith, some of you!

Remember this is Rovers LR

Just think Portsmouth at home last season - no away wins up until they played us - then guess what - yep Rovers at their best yet again giving another 'first' - and you wonder why.

Have faith, some of you!

There, in bold, lies the crux of our worries.

I am certain Norwich will win.

The only reson for is because they have yet to win away, it's bound to be us that changes that.

It always , always works out like that.

Somebody hasn't won at home, Rovers turn up and get beat.

Somebody hasn't won away, Rovers get beat.

Somebody hasn't scored in three years, Rovers let him score a hattrick.

God I'm depressed.

Why can't we just spend a couple of years in mid table. I would love that, I can't take all this stress!

But the question is whether Norwich actually have the quality to win at EP....rather than going by spurious laws of averages....that's what matters.

By your logic as we have only 2 home wins we should get a third this weekend and if we can't get that against Norwich then who else?

If we don't win this one, then we are certainly back in the relegation battle. Anything less than 3 points will be very disappointing. As an attacking force, we have not been playing well all season, but recently we have been extremely poor and we must rectify this, in order to ease our relegation worries. Hughes mus go with two strikers tomorrow. Rovers to win 2-0.

rover.gif a typical international injury if you ask me,

I wouldn't worry cravenblue. I expect Sav will be fully fit for Saturday. Anyone who watched the Wales v England match last weekend will have a fair idea why his mistery groin strain appeared.

Just hope they get that pitch sorted in time for our FA Cup semi and final matches there thumbs-up.gif

If Savage is only suffering from an international injury and plays then I think we'll win 2-1 - their defence is awful on paper, so even our shot shy forwards should manage something. If Savage isn't playing then alas I foresee a 1-0 defeat.

However, I do have this awful feeling we'll have someone sent off again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.