BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bully Boys 3 Norwich 0

den

Pretty good summary scotty. I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Lucas Neils tackle on Huckerby. Watching from the middle of the Riverside I was amazed that he was not given a straight red. Credit also to Huck for not making a bigger meal of it.

Watching from right in front of it I was not surprised he was just given a yellow. It was poor, but it was so poor that Huckerby saw it coming a mile off and jumped out of the way. Neill just slid along but didn't have his studs up so it would have only been a yellow. Completely pointless and unnecessary really though, pretty much sums Neill up.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cross-field ball from the right-back (Nelsen) - a tactic we've started using in the last few matches - found Pedersen on the left-wing. He nodded the ball past his too tight full-back and smashed the ball into the net with his wrong foot. Norwich's keeper Green perhaps should have saved it at his near post but our Morten hit it well.

Wasnt it Tugay rather than Nelsen?

A cross-field ball from the right-back (Nelsen) - a tactic we've started using in the last few matches - found Pedersen on the left-wing.  He nodded the ball past his too tight full-back and smashed the ball into the net with his wrong foot.  Norwich's keeper Green perhaps should have saved it at his near post but our Morten hit it well.

Wasnt it Tugay rather than Nelsen?

Yep, it was Tugay.

Have to say my views differ from various posters up above.

Tugay was excellent in my view, but needs Savage alongside him. With Sav in the side , we can use creative midfielders, wingers, whatever - the way he screens the defence is brilliant.

Defensively we were shambolic in the 1st half, we could have easily conceded 2 or 3.

Mokoena and Neill were obviously a touch jaded from international duties but when Neill was brought on at half time, the defence was instantly sorted.

Neill is a far better right back than Nelsen who in turn is a far better centre half than Mokoena.

Also have to mention Pederson, the boy is a walking 'goal threat'

Another great Souness signing.

Edited by Brownie

Neill is a far better right back than Nelsen who in turn is a far better centre half than Mokoena.

Also have to mention Pederson, the boy is a walking 'goal threat'

Another great Souness signing.

You're having a larf !

Nelsen looks like he knows how to defend at right back, which Neill never does.

Just because you cleaned out Lucas's goldfish bowl does not make him a good footballer.

Pedersen is promising but no more.

He was a reasonable Souness signing in a sea of dross.

Pretty good summary scotty.  I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Lucas Neils tackle on Huckerby.  Watching from the middle of the Riverside I was amazed that he was not given a straight red.  Credit also to Huck for not making a bigger meal of it.

Watching from right in front of it I was not surprised he was just given a yellow. It was poor, but it was so poor that Huckerby saw it coming a mile off and jumped out of the way. Neill just slid along but didn't have his studs up so it would have only been a yellow. Completely pointless and unnecessary really though, pretty much sums Neill up.

HE made it look worse by sliding thru on a wet pitch rolleyes.gif

I watched the highlights on Football First, and we certainly rode our luck in the first half, but we were much better defensively in the second half when Neill was introduced. I think that Mokoena has been quite an estute signing by Hughes, but he wasn't quite with it yesterday, probably suffering from jet-lag. Nelsen is looking like a real bargain and I would certainly stick with him and Todd for the next match.

That's the best I've seen Pedersen play for Rovers, he was involved in everything, scoring a great goal and setting up Dickov for the second. He has to perform like this on a more regular basis, if he is to be a big player for us. I thought that Tugay and Savage, were excellent and should be our new midfield pairing. Savage has the tackling and defensive abilities, while Tugay has the creative touch that we need, if we are to open teams up. He also seemed more willing to shoot yesterday, which is a good thing. Emerton didn't have the best of games and I'd be inclined to start with Reid in the next game, who is looking more like a Premiership player every time he plays. If, he had had a better touch yesterday, he would have scored. He also had a great effort saved by Green. Reid seems to give us more of a goal threat, granted that he has only scored one. But he gets into the right positions and sooner or later, he's going to let one go, which will scream in.

It was also good to see us creating plenty of chances, even though it was a against a poor team. This will give us plenty of confidence going into the big game next week.

Hopefully not too uch confidence RoyRover. Haven't seen the match so my thoughts are based on Audio. Where are all the Nelsen detractors now, where are all those "MLS? can't be any good" people. The man sounded solid as a rock, the commentators, one of who was our very own Shorty were very very impressed with his abilities.

I am over the moon happy for young MGP, I had my serious doubts that he was going to be another few mill wasted by our Graeme and he was not going to make it. It seems like he is really beginning to enjoy his footy, gaining in confidence and banging in at a good goal per game ratio.

Can MGP be our new Noel against the Dingles next week, I have a funny feeling he will be. Now some one ring up Steve Cotterill and tell him to make some off colour remarks about our team so Hughesy can skip the pre match pep talk again.

What a big win that was a swing of possibly 2 points clear to 8, I am resting easier, but we still have a lot of work to do. Tough games coming up, if we don't get anything, coupled with a few wins by one or more teams below us we are right back in it.

I have asked before I would be most grateful if some one could provide me with the fixture run in for the relegation teams or point me in a direction where I can see it easily. Ta in advance

Where are all the Nelsen detractors now, where are all those "MLS? can't be any good" people. The man sounded solid as a rock, the commentators, one of who was our very own Shorty were very very impressed with his abilities.

The fact he was quite a regular in the MLS team of the season did indicate that he was something special - even if the league isn't the 'mighty' standards of the EPL.

Where are all the Nelsen detractors now, where are all those "MLS? can't be any good" people.  The man sounded solid as a rock, the commentators, one of who was our very own Shorty were very very impressed with his abilities.

The fact he was quite a regular in the MLS team of the season did indicate that he was something special - even if the league isn't the 'mighty' standards of the EPL.

Um no not really. I've watched the MLS for years, especially when I lived there, and making the MVP team really wouldn't make you Premiership standard. Hughes did well to pick up on a player that few will have even heard of, and even fewer will have thought capable of making it in this league. I'm sure that both he and the player have been surprised by the ease at which he has adapted and just how well he has done.

I was in hospitality today, when something interesting happened. The SQUAD (ie everyone who can currently walk) came out to warm down after the match- in two groups- ones who played and ones who were either on the bench or just in the squad.

It was strange. we had the team who'd just played warming down, while the likes of Short, Flitcroft, Jansen, Douglas etc effectively warmed up! Also- unfortunately- Amauselessb*stard was in that group which I guess means he's back to fitness. (By the way- Matteo wasn't there- hence my injury assumptiom)

They've been doing that for a while now. Sparky likes to include the whole squad on match days and those who haven't played get a training session after the match. It keeps their fitness up and gets them involved.

Tugay still passed to his imaginary friend (usually wearing Yellow and Green) more than he managed to pass to a Rovers player.

Nonsense. Did you watch the game? Tugay was caught in possession a couple of times but that was because he ALWAYS makes himself available for a pass. His imaginery friend was off being sociable with Nelsen and Mokoena in the first half.

Mokoena looks a bit too eager at times - like an 8 year old chasing the ball when somebody else has it covered. Nelsen looks pure class in the middle, and coupled with Todd looks very, very solid.

Just a shame that Gally shot at the end was saved - would have done his confidence the world of good

a simple view from the Blackburn End.

Rovers showed much more togetherness like they did pre the last 3 1-0 losses.

They also showed a capablilty to cock up in the centre of defence.

Surprising choice of formation although it was pleasing to see us back to 4-4-2.

MGP scored a fantastic goal, made the second and looked a lot more confident than in recent weeks.

Dickov worked his socks off as did Savage.

Not too many gripes about yesterday except,

where was Stead ?

Why does Mokoena always seem to be the weakest link when played in the back 4 ?

Did anyone predict the downpour that descended on Ewood ?

How many had the ###### after eating the firesticks ?

tinykit.gif

How many had the ###### after eating the firesticks ?

haha laugh.gif

Those peperami things were the biggest waste of money ever, nobody around me eat them, they just threw them or left them!

MGP's goal was superb and Andy Todd nearly scored a goal of the season!

Norwich were poor, but I suppose you can only beat what is put infront of you!

Bring on the DINGLES!!!!!!!

Im lost. 26,000 where?

Surely not at Ewood yesterday - it was 20,900 and something....

20923 according to the official site.

All in all, I thnk we can be glad of yesterday's result, even if the performance wasn't as good as it was made to be, according to some.

It showed that we are certainly not deserving of going down... we are much better than anyone in the bottom three and can outclass those sorts of sides.

We now need to keep our heads up following this game and continue to show improvement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.