SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bloody hell, ticket details already, they must have guessed it would be a drab draw LOL

BURNLEY TICKET NEWS

ROVERS can announce details of the FA Cup replay at Ewood against Burnley on Tuesday March 1st, kick-off 8.00pm.

Tickets for this game will be on sale from Tuesday 22nd February to those supporters with a database history of purchasing tickets for Blackburn Rovers games only.

Season Ticket Holders will have until close of business on Thursday 24th February to claim their own seats.

Burnley supporters will be allocated the entire Darwen End for this fixture. The E04 Outer (seats 189 - 202) & W01 Outer (seats 1 - 14) sections of the stadium will also be closed for this game.Those season ticket holders who sit in these areas should contact the Ticket Office to arrange priority seating in another area.

Prices are in all areas:

£20.00 Adults

£10.00 Senior Citizens

£10.00 Young Adult Season Ticket Holders

£5.00 Juniors

THIS IS AN ALL TICKET GAME.

THERE ARE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH

Season Ticket Holders who have opted for the Home Cup Match Ticket Scheme will be sold their tickets automatically; their tickets will be posted out from Tuesday 22nd February.

In the interest of speed, accuracy and security Season Ticket Holders MUST produce the relevant season ticket cards when purchasing tickets at the counter or quote the correct account numbers and full seat details when ordering tickets over the telephone.These details are on the front of your season ticket cards.

Looks like I'm first back from the Turd. We had seats in the back row of the Bob Lord right on the half way line. When we arrived two of the Burnley commentators were sat in our seats, so they had to move.

Fantastic view - GAV we even had our own shelf to lean on. Surrounded by Burnley fans Tom and I decided to keep very quiet - though the lad in front of us kept sneaking pictures of the Rovers support!! smile.gif Taken lots of pics that I will upload later.

View of the match? Well my stomach churned for 90 minutes, nerves not worry. Apart from the last 15 minutes and maybe the last 10 of the first half, I don't feel Burnley worried us at all. Brad had one good save to make and gathered the ball comfortably low down at the near post. Every Rover looked head and shoulders above the opposition, the pitch played a part in keeping Burnley in the tie as we found it difficult to play and create chances. MGP had a great game, Savage was everywhere, Emerton was clearly geed-up though he faded towards the end of the first half before coming back in the second.

The defence looked solid, won most balls and at the end hacked away anything that looked dangerous. I didn't like the way Nissa went forward a lot in the last 10-15 minutes as it seemed to leave a gap that wasn't being covered properly. The midfield where prepared to battle and seemed to pick up a lot of the loose balls. Savage did leave his foot trailing an awful lot.

The Dickov free kick wasn't a penalty. The last foul took place on the line or just inside but the referee made it clear he first allowed play to go on and then awarded the free kick on the spot of the original foul, which was outside the box. Good decision, I'm sorry to say.

I felt Rovers, player for player, were far superior to Burnley and on the Ewood pitch, with a little more space, time and a decent surface we should create the chances to win this tie. On the day the draw was the fair result. Haven't seen the video yet, but I get the impression this was far better to watch live than on the telly.

To the Burnley fans, Thank you. I think the number of pics I took, and the direction of them, made it obvious who we supported. There was no hassle, at no time did I feel worried. Cheers. smile.gif

rover.gif

unlucky blues played em off da park

no we didnt

we didnt play badly - but neither did Dingles 2nd half

Thank you Flopsy, I believe that is the truth. Claret coloured glasses aside wink.gif

If ever a game had 0-0 written on it it was that - we had the better chances - but we didnt take them.

Our defence was under presure a lot but never buckled

Can't believe there will be a replay, Anyone think that both sides actually wanted that? Think of the money that it is going to generate!!! (Might be being cynical!)

I've got to go into school and beg to be allowed to go to the replay as we have staff meetings on a Tuesday! What a nightmare, bet the cow won't let me go.

Having watched it with my girly friends (apparently we have no good looking players!) thought there were a couple of anonomous players today but on the hole we did alright.

Bring on the replay, think that will be a very different game!

Nelsen, Savage and Pedersen stood out by a mile for me. Nelsen is looking stronger and stronger each game, one tackle he made in particular was one of the best ive seen this season. The upfront play was dire though. I dont know what suggestion i can offer with the players available though.

any news on if there was any trouble after the game?

I don't think so. There were a few twelve year olds at the corner of the longside being hard and trying to taunt the Rovers fans after the game.

I think one or two of the older ones were dragged out by the fuzz (which must have hurt !).

Best entertainment of the day that.

Second was the streaker who after having his 'moment' turned around to be arrested and found nil interest from the police. He had to stand there like a fool not knowing what to do whilst the stewards etc. finally got around to taking him away.

Outside was quite calm post game. I didn't go on a coach but I didn't see any trouble. Didn't go into the town centre though......

Lots of locals stood at the various traffic lights/roundabouts along Eastern and Casterton Avenues (route of coaches back to the M65).

Didn't look like they were after trouble though, mainly local kids. One lass was even parked up waiting with a baby in a pram...'look son, remember this day. See them, they're called coaches ?'.

Generally I was a bit disappointed that we didn't finish the tie today. burnley were poorer than I expected.

The Rovers seemed to take the ball off them with ease on occaision.

Second half was a bit more competitive, but still not great by either side. The Rovers probably shaded the game and should be confident in the replay.

Was the burnley fc bar sign eventually removed ?

watched the game live on tv here in ankara.

except for the defence, only MGP looked giving himself to the game

even savage, for me, had a poor day (i know what he is capable of)

replay will be much easier for us

BUT

with mark hughes, i don't think anything is waiting for us except for a relegation battle as long as he stays

and, with this kind of performance, we'll have to pray before and after every game not to get relegated. any team in the premiership could have beaten us easily today

we have to thank burnley for being worse than us.

What struck me the most from a fairly disapointing game was just how appauling Emerton was - from the off he ran himself into corners, players, the touchline, but never into a decent player. Bad control, bad runs, bad balls - bad everything today and I hope to god Thompson is brought on in his place.

However, we also have a central defense to envy, a partnership that reminds me of that of Berg and Short when we finished in 6th. Nelsen has been an amazing signing and Todd is an inspired captain. Johansson and Neill also had good games today I felt.

Tugay was also pretty anonymous in a game he should have run although Savage was very good once more minus a stupid yellow card at the end. Pedersen was again very good, although his corners seem to have been exhausted.

Upfront we were dire, Dickov did very little and Gallagher nothing. Johnson does not have the presense to make an impact as sub and we have no cutting edge or skill - its all graft.

Very disapointed with Hughes defensive approach; he knows what this game means to the fans but he only made defensive changes in a game we desperately wanted to win.

Personally I thought he did more backing in than holding up and missed a blinding opportunity that a better player would have won the match with. In terms of work effort and graft he is a good player, but without any kind of class, or even a remote amount of skill in Dickov or any of his partners we're going nowhere fast.

Edited by tcj_jones

with mark hughes, i don't think anything is waiting for us except for a relegation battle as long as he stays...

Mark Hughes is no dummy...he has been a revelation!

Hughes has taken a poor Graeme Souness squad, vastly improved most players through training, added only three of his own, and has tightened our defence.

The only way with Hughes is up, as far as I can see at the moment.

Give the man some time to invest in the squad and make it his own, rather than making rash judgements.

Think we're stuck with him until the end of the season.

Just hope Mr Hughes has some strikers in mind as we're very short up front at the minute (in more than one respect).

Yeah you had several players who made Ian Moore look tall blink.gif

Plus the black (am I allowed to say black?) player who was your second sub looked about 12. Does that mean I am getting old? ohmy.gif

Chelsea gone out - down to 9 men - 3 subs made at HT bridge gets injured - Cudacini sent off - Duffs injured

Glenn Johnson in goal

Chances of us getting newcastle next round??

Fantastic result.

Makes the faint possibility of an FA Cup that little bit more realistic.

Edited by James No. 7

I thought tha Neill had a good game today and did well on Valois, who was good player. I didn't think that Gallagher had that bad a game either, he just didn't set the place alight. I thought that Dickov and Stead/Bothroyd would be our best combination for the replay, but if Dickov isn't fit, then I'd go for Stead and Bothroyd. Also, Chelsea have been put out, which means that there is one less big team in the competition. If we were to get a home draw against someone like Leicester or Southampton/Brentford and we beat Burnley, in the replay, then we have a great chance to get to the semi-final.

• Backroom
Plus the black (am I allowed to say black?) player who was your second sub looked about 12. Does that mean I am getting old? ohmy.gif

He was still far better than anything you lot had on the pitch however old he was biggrin.gif

What struck me the most from a fairly disapointing game was just how appauling Emerton was - from the off he ran himself into corners, players, the touchline, but never into a decent player. Bad control, bad runs, bad balls - bad everything today and I hope to god Thompson is brought on in his place.

ohmy.gif I thought he had a good solid game. Making good runs forward down the wing and in partnership with MGP in changing wings did a very good job on what was a awful surface to try and play on.

Decent performance, still lacking that edge. Think Hughes wanted a game to fill the 2 week gap to everton!

The ref had a very dingle sided game, happened to see our 2 from behind tackles but missed theres ph34r.gif And now no todd for the replay!

Looking forward to the replay on tele, if not might make the trip up to ewood. 5-0 anyone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.