SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you all know I never ever liked the man. It was'nt just the management side of him but mainly the over riding arrogance of the man. It is not just coincidence that whatever club he is in charge of it seems that players simply dont like his attitude to them.

When I was working for some of the players even when things were going seemingly well at the time most of the players did'nt seem to be exactly keen on the man or the training sessions.

Funnily enough they seem to like the training sessions with Brian Kidd which leaves me to think that he had the skills of what todays players look for in training and got the respect of the players but he lacked any tactical or buying nounce.

He probably fooled us all on that score if you all remember when he took to the touchline ahead of Tony Parkes on the day he wasnt supposed to be in charge!

Now Mark Hughes is in charge and he does seem to embrace most of the good things about todays manager, training being enjoyed. team spirit and an eye for a good player as well as conducting himself in an intelligent and congenial manner off the field.

Players seem to have his respect just as the players had respect for Kenny Dalglish which with todays modern player goes a hell of a long way.

Newcastle hitting the buffers.

The debt at £90m is bigger than most were thinking it was and as it nearly equals the asset value under-pinning it, no more borrowing for Fat Freddie and co.

They are also getting into territory where it will be of dubious legality to carry on splashing out big dividends.

So, I wonder why this story has been placed with its appeal to big rich Russians and a £75m price tag placed on the club?

NEWCASTLE ARE FOR SALE FOLKS and Souness is lucky again- he is safe so long as he doesn't get them relegated. Or until FF changes his mind again....

Philip, this is what a Geordie says about the above article:

One of the key indicators of financial performance at a football club is the wage:turnover ratio. Ours was 57% last season which makes it one of the best in the league. It's probably around 65% with lack of European money and an increased wage bill at the moment, which puts us around the league average.

Nobody should need reminding that Leeds had a ratio of 83% which puts you in a position of needing European revenue to stay afloat. The situation is not comparible and no ammount of stupid people saying otherwise will change that.

Consider also that a large number of Serie A clubs operate at ratios > 100% as they rely on private money to operate the club. The financial situation here is not that grim.

They believe it to be bs.

There is a difference between going bankrupt which Newcastle are not and reaching a point at which the banks will not increase their lending and difficulties for the Directors to declare a dividend legally which is where Newcastle might well be.

No doubt the Geordies think their club has excellent Directors and a superb management team as well...

More of what Blue Phil calls 'schadenfreude'.....

Earlier in this thread Jim mentioned some stats for when Michael Owen plays for Newcastle. Without Owen in the side, they've had an appalling set of results this season. But when Owen has played for Newcastle, they've won the majority of matches.

There were further chants of "Souness Out" at Craven Cottage yesterday. Just been reading a few messages on a Newcastle website - and the Geordie natives aren't happy.

To quote one chap:

"The 1-0 defeat leaves us sitting a pitiful 13th in the Premiership table with supposedly relegation-threatened sides as our closest rivals. Everton, Aston Villa and Fulham have all been under the relegation microscope this season and now we sit shoulder-to-shoulder with all three, nervously glancing at the teams below. This was our eighth league defeat on the road this season and no other Premiership side has lost more than that away from home so far - not even the clowns from wearside."

"And now that the £16m get out of jail card cannot be played, there's no hiding place for Graeme Souness and his staff."

"There's just nothing there - nothing to feed off, no hope that things will improve, nothing. Only more injuries to prolong Souness's plea to judge his side when it's fully fit. But it's no longer enough to simply blame the on-field demise of this club on the injury situation. There are more fundamental issues to be addressed in the areas of team selection, scouting, transfer policy and tactics."

"At present we give the impression of not being up to scratch in any of those departments, with the consequence that we are regularly out-thought, out-fought and outplayed by mediocre opposition. The away fans could barely even raise themselves to provide decent backing to the team - sitting instead in a depressed silence, pummelled into submission by the sheer awfulness of the tripe we dare to call football."

"Going back to the injury problems though, these weren't all random acts. There's certainly a large chunk of ill-fortune attached to those on the sick list, but also enough self-inflicted blows to level charges of ineptitude or worse against those current running the show. Bringing players back from injury too early, dubious acquisitions and a lack of interest in the club as a whole all tell the tale of a man under pressure for instant results."

"Souness has been shown to be a short-term fix that failed to address the heart of the problem. Some of his mission has been accomplished - notably the rooting out of dressing room miscreants - but regardless of the how and why, the reality is that this job has defeated him. There seems to be no end to the circle of under-achievement. Something has to be done to break out of that, improve our league position and remove the indifference of many supporters to their team."

The geordies are sick of Souness without a doubt. Not only Souness but the backroom staff as well. Dean Saunders is another example of somebody with little know how being helped on the gravy train by a mate. He only came to train at Ewood through Souness and ended up as head coach and then subsequently got a nice little earner in the North East. It makes you sick, The supporters stitched up once again.

Hopefully Mike Newell will be able to air his revelations to the general public but I think too many people will be exposed so ahush up is on the cards there!

There are those that have obsessions, there are those that hate the drummer, there are those that hate Bert.....

but I can't think of anyone more obsessed than those that keep banging on about GS.

For ###### sake, you all bailed up vinjay for his one man band, yet you all continue along this line.

GUYS, Souness is gone, has been for a while Leave it for the geordies to cry in their Newcastle Brown, will you.

All you do is keep banging the same drucking fum.

I'll add something a little contraversial - I actually think on balance GS was good for Rovers. When he took over we were mid-table Championship - we then got promoted, won our first League/Worthy Cup and finished 6th in the table.

Even though he left us in a bit of a mess at the end - it was still a better mess than he started with. biggrin.gif

I'll add something a little contraversial - I actually think on balance GS was good for Rovers. When he took over we were mid-table Championship - we then got promoted, won our first League/Worthy Cup and finished 6th in the table.

Even though he left us in a bit of a mess at the end - it was still a better mess than he started with. biggrin.gif

376149[/snapback]

I've pointed that out before DMTP. If some other club had poached him away 2 years previously (and they could easily have done.....spurs were interested I believe) we would be lauding him as one of our best managers ever.

Unfortunately he stayed and some of his 'strange' transfer deals have left lingering stench in my opinion.

Lets just stop that train of thought before it goes any further or we'll just delete posts.

Unless you want to post your full name and contact details so when the legal writ comes through we can pass it on

376161[/snapback]

A cover up operation Flopsy? Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation imo. This IS a discussion board after all isnt it? After all people in this country are always deemed innocent unless proved guilty aren't they?

Edited by thenodrog

im just saying that there are those pesky liable laws and it'll be SteB, Glenn and Paul that will be in the firing line. also the host company and then we'll have no discussion board.

So my earlier post stands. Unless the others who would be facing the bill say its fine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.