BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

My edit was a misspelling of dumbest which I decided was not the best adjective to use.

My point is that the VAT man could have chosen any club to bring this case against- they chose Newcastle. Why, because they clearly did something which made the Excise believe they were the easiest club to get the judgement against.

My glee is against Newcastle if you read my post.

Yes Newcastle which

- took Gordon Lee from us

- bought Roger Jones then dumped him in the stiffs one game short of paying the transfer fee they should have done

- the Newcastle whose Chairman Lord Westwood was also Chairman of the FA which twice blatantly made judgements against Rovers and in favour of Newcastle which stank as high as the Tynemouth fish docks

- which took Shearer off us

- whose Chairman FF has said numerous disgraceful things like wanting all the small clubs to go bust

- who apply to join the G14 every year

- etc

- etc

Now I think it is pay back time for us Rovers, don't you. Souness walked out on us (not that I am complaining) but that was a humiliation at the time considering Newcastle had been resisted by half the clubs in the land but the moment FF knocked on our door, our manager was out like a shot.

I am hugely enjoying Newcastle's discomfiture and the fact there is a Rovers' connection makes it all the sweeter.

377447[/snapback]

philipl, a bit of paranoia creeping in here, I think. Anyway, with a few name changes etc, you could say that about any team the Rovers have been associated with.

In my time supporting the Rovers Names like Carey, Pickering, Vernon, England spring to mind. So on your thought process we should go about wanting the demise of Everton, Spurs and the like? It's part of the game.

Bloody Hell, we'd be champions every year, because we'd have no one to play.

It would have been a humiliation had we all wanted GS to stay, but as it was the majority, including the hierarchy at Ewood, it seems, were glad he went. That the Rovers got paid for losing him was a bonus.

As for the Tax man, we all know that when he wants to test something in court, he just chooses one person/company to try and make an example of. It may be the "easiest" case, but that is not to say that it won't be a difficult one, just the easiest of a hard bunch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Dunn.. Missed alot of action throughout his last season, and to be fair has only just regained full fitness.

Damien Duff.. Missed half the season we finished 6th, not been cursed with injuries as much since he left Rovers.

377414[/snapback]

Agree on most, but Dunn has only regained full fitness because he keeps getting injured (years after leaving Souness)!! And Duff has missed more than his share of matches for Chelsea due to injury.

dillo posted this on the Manc thread but I think it deserves a little airing here as well.

If 'arry gets his Pompey millions working for him and BIG CLUB continue getting results like that one at Anfield tonight.....

One thing is for sure, FF has obviously decided he's not up for the £5m compensation needed to sack Souness, Murray and Saunders. It's obvious from the press stories that were placed that those three have done a pact to make it difficult for FF to get rid of one and not all three.

Well Im guessing the 5 million is coming down by the day! wink.gif

So when is it feasible for them to be sacked!

Loving life. Newcastle "big club" crashing without brakes. Brum "BIG CLUB" still fighting relegation...And little ol' Rovers fighting above their punch battling for a European place through the league.

Surely Newcastle cannot put up with Sourpuss for much longer, they are actualy in a relegation dog fight in my opinion, i know there is about 7 points between them and the third bottom team, but the way they are playing, i'd fancy AFC Wimbledon to beat them.

I think his time at Newcastle has proven how bad a manager he is, he wasted a lot of cash at our place on crap signings e.g. Bazza, Grabbi, Sukur(wages only)Yorke etc. I'm grateful for him taking us into the Prem and the League Cup win but he really does sign some crap players. He's wasted a lot of FS money, Luque, Emre, Babayaro and Boumsong to name a few. In my opinion none of them would get in the Rovers side after last nights game.

Hey, i ain't complaining though, seeing Newcastle in the rot, is making me quite happy. Long may Sourpuss reign over Barcode land, if it means them doing @#/?.

Well he has got what he deserves, a good old fashioned Freddy Shepard sacking. The guy has been unlucky with injuries but he just wastes money on crap players. I wonder what the odds of him becoming the new Sunderlad manager once big Mick is sacked. lol.

I really didn't think today could get any better.

1.Celebrating a famous win over Manure

2.Hearing Sparkys ambitions of Europe

3.New shirt sponsor, a company not short of a few bob.

and finally.....

4.Sourpuss getting Freddy's elbow

One downer, Freddy best stay away from Sparky, that is the last thing we need is Mark leaving us for them. I couldn't see why he would as he is very loyal to his team and in my opinion would be takig a step back if he were to move. I cannot see why any other Prem manager would wanna take the job, the fans are more fickle than us lot and the chairman is chop chop happy. The only thing that is attractive to the job is Owen, Shearer, Given and a nice cheque book.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Im not happy that he is gone for two reasons:

1. With him in charge, Newcastle were only headed downwards.

2. I dont wish the man ill, as long as Newcastle dont do well smile.gif

381040[/snapback]

The toon army certainly were on their way down under Souness, but you've got to admit ... whoever takes over now will have one hell of a squad once all the injured players return.

Although there are some questiuons that must be asked:

1. Is there any cash left for the defender or 2 they need to sort out the defence.

2. Will Owen be there next season

3. Can Shearer play on / can an adequate Shearer replacement be found.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.