BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

I can't see Hughes going to Newcastle. He has got his squad together, we are playing extremely well and there is a good chance we can qualify for Europ plus he is at the start of his career.

He will have his eye on the Man Utd job. Going to Newcastle would just mean starting all over again- assuming defensive tactics, working on fitness, looking at bringing in players to build the team around.

Even the money may have run out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Hughes going to Newcastle. He has got his squad together, we are playing extremely well and there is a good chance we can qualify for Europ plus he is at the start of his career.

He will have his eye on the Man Utd job. Going to Newcastle would just mean starting all over again- assuming defensive tactics, working on fitness, looking at bringing in players to build the team around.

Even the money may have run out.

381303[/snapback]

It would be kind of "funny" though, MH needing to clean up Souness' mess again. laugh.gif

My guess is that Shearer will learn the ropes until the end of the season with the rodent and take over full time next season .

From what I've heard on the radio today many of the Geordie fans are appreciative of just how much money Shepherd has ploughed into the club , but are all too aware that his decisions on the management have been flawed to say the least .

I reckon he'll take the easy option this time and put his faith in Shearer . Probably the wisest choice . He's managed to divert the worst of the anger and blame onto Souness this time ; one more bad choice as manager and he'll face the wrath .

381285[/snapback]

Unfortunately, as I pointed out earlier, this is NOT a possibility. The longest this combo can caretaker manage is to the end of April. By then they HAVE to have suitably qualified people in place. Shearer is still taking his badges, and I'm not sure Roeder has ever started. So unless they can fast-track one of them through- that's it and a new manager has to be in place by then

Time to amend you're daft message son?  And an apology to Michael Gray?

381341[/snapback]

Seconded.

Gray has been vital to our success, and although he can be defensively suspect sometimes he offers so much going forward.

TAKE HIM OFF THE LIST!

Also he is hardly a waster, in terms of effort he is one of the biggest work horses on the team.

Deluded bunch those Geordies - they reckon Bellers might go back - link

381347[/snapback]

On that link a guy explains that they need a Shearer type player who can hold the ball up and win headers. With some very clever PR and film editing those dumb Geordies might be fooled into thinking the new Shearer is at Blackburn in the form of Kuqi. £15 million and we might start talking? laugh.gif

Deluded bunch those Geordies - they reckon Bellers might go back - link

381347[/snapback]

I think he actually would go back, I think it would appeal to Bellers to make a point.

BUT

Newcastle United have no cash

Rovers are looking like they might well qualify for Europe, Newcastle could get relegated

He has a great relationship with Hughes

He recognises he needs to settle down

All that said I oculd easily see him at St James park again in three or four years. He did seem to like it there and, as I said, he would like to get on over Souness.

I think he actually would go back, I think it would appeal to Bellers to make a point.

BUT

Newcastle United have no cash

At this time, but at the end of the season when the Sky cash is paid, Owen goes back to Liverpool, Luque is sent back to Spain etc etc they will have.

Still if the "any team in the champs league2 clause is true, theres no danger of that being invoked. Heck the best way to keep bellamy is to sneak in ourselves.

Someone ban this old hag! All she does it crap on about people she dont like, shes just another version of Vinjay.

381181[/snapback]

Theres only one person likely to get Banned here pal. I may disagree completely with Jans opinions, but she is certainly a Rovers fan (if not a Souness fan), and has the right to air her opinions on here.

After the consistent links to streaming sites, and the insults here, i'm not sure how many warnings are left you have left.

Do people really think that N'castle are gona to drastically improve cos Souey as gone. I think it will be the same old crap week after week, esp if these injuries stay the same. Im no souey hater, i respect what he did for a club, but was glad that we got Hughes in and were paid instead of having to pay for his sacking!

They will improve but this season may be too soon.

Next season if they keep the same players (largely) and stay injury free then you have a good squad to challenge for 4th - 6th.

Lets be honest, whilst we havent seen the best of people such as Luque, he is a world class player who has proven himself before in La Liga and the Champions League.

Press report.

GRAEME SOUNESS has quit football after being sacked by Newcastle yesterday.

The former Liverpool legend, 52, made it clear to friends he will NOT return to management.

Well wouldnt we all give up work, with a compensation package.

To be honest I have been a little baffled about all this talk of Souness making bad buys myself.

Even Boumsong was clearly a very good defender before he wound up on Tyneside, in France and in the CL.

If they get a decent manager in, one who can keep the team fit and healthy and sort their defence out then they will be more than decent. A front six of Shearer, Owen, Luque, Solano/Dyer, Emre and Parker is not just good, it is outstanding. No side outside the top four has that level of quality.

Souness' problem was getting the best out of these players rather than the players themselves.

Hopefully they will be too demoralised to get into the top half this season though.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm delighted that Souness has been sacked, but I think that it is pretty funny. There was a time when I thought that he was a really good manager. He got us back into the Premiership, we won the Carling Cup and got European football and the next season we finished 6th. Then last season he took us to the dogs. Players like Matteo and Dickov were the big summer signings that we needed. Indeed to slove our left sided midfield problem, Souness thought that Dominic Matteo could do the job. He left us up sh!t creek, to go off to a bigger club, where he thought he belonged.

After spending over £50 million on players, the guy finally got the sack. There's no doubt that injuries played a big part in the team's slump, because Emre, Dyer and Owen would add to any team. But to be honest, I'm not sure how well the team would have done with all their players fit, because of their crap defence that Souness persisted with. But when you look at the team Souness has been playing, it isn't all that bad and it should have been picking up some more points. This is another sign of Souness' weakness as a manager.

It was great to go up to Newcastle and beat them, putting Souness under more pressure. Another horror show came against Citeh and that was enough. I feel sorry for Shay Given, because for me he is the best goalkeeper in the league, behind Cech and he deserves to be at a club that is winning things. With Brad getting on now, Given would be a great replacement. It must rankle with Souness that the team he left is challenging for the Champions League, while the team he went to is six points above the relegation zone and has just sacked him. smile.gif

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm delighted that Souness has been sacked, but I think that it is pretty funny. There was a time when I thought that he was a really good manager. He got us back into the Premiership, we won the Carling Cup and got European football and the next season we finished 6th. Then last season he took us to the dogs.

381464[/snapback]

OK RR, you were doing alright up to the point I've quoted, however, then he left us though, who gives a stuff what happens after that?. Let him take 'em down, let him do whatever. There are some who are totally totally vindictive. To those I say, walk in Souness's shoes, show us you can do better.

There are some on these boards that what to flog him to death, don't acknowledge the fact that we won the Worthy Cup, that we go promotion.

I'd rather have a discussion about why Johnny Carey left us, but then the majority of the members of this board weren't even around, were they jim?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.