SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marginally harsh, but not completely off the wall EDIT- from what I'm hearing from other Puke supporters EDIT- sorry that was what I meant to say.  One of the staff on my current job is a Puke supporter.  He's delighted Sourmess has gone, but wished he'd "done a Jock Stein" to save on compensation.  Nice image there.

381125[/snapback]

Why would Celtic supporters care about Newcastle?

Delusions like these are exactly what makes Toon fans so unhappy. They are stuck in a world where they win every other cup on account of their 50000 "crazy Geordies". And when clubs like Rovers constantly earn more success than them, they just cant stomach it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=357271&cc=4716

Former Newcastle striker Mick Quinn insisted Graeme Souness could have no complaints or excuses after being sacked as the Magpies' manager.

'I think they're going to need someone alongside Alan. Martin O'Neill would be my first choice. Newcastle would be cherry ripe for Martin O'Neill.'

'Newcastle is a bigger job than England.' biggrin.gif

'They're desperate for success - and the sooner the better.'

'They have got time there. There's not a great rush. You have got guys there who can steady the ship. There's enough quality in that squad to push them up the league rapidly.

'It's a massive club. It needs to get its pride back in place. Everything's set up for it to be a top club - they just need to start performing on the pitch.'

There's quite a few references to his daughter not being able to drive.  Whats all that about?

381145[/snapback]

She had a prang in her car the other day pulling out of her drive. Souness said that the incident puts everything into persepctive and all that. Link

"She pulled out of our drive into the lane outside and saw a parked car start to move off. A bit suspicious, so she looked over her shoulder and smashed into a wall." "Hang on, that's suspicious, I'd better drive into that wall" laugh.gif It was probably Saunders.

I'm sure the Geordies completely understood where he was coming from; the fact that he can't run a bath never mind a football club should be ignored as his daughter is in fact Mrs Magoo.

Joking aside, I'm glad she's OK.

I'm watching Sky Sports news at the moment. I always took the P*ss about Sourmess' training methods, saying they trained at the pace of a 50+ year old with a heart condition, but it turns out I was right! They're showing a trainng session with Sourmess trying to injure his players with studs up challenges and them all standing around looking bored!! while the ball gently trundles between them.

Now maybe that was set up for the cameras, but somehow I don't think so!

I'm watching Sky Sports news at the moment.  I always took the P*ss about Sourmess' training methods, saying they trained at the pace of a 50+ year old with a heart condition, but it turns out I was right!  They're showing a trainng session with Sourmess trying to injure his players with studs up challenges and them all standing around looking bored!! while the ball gently trundles between them.

Now maybe that was set up for the cameras, but somehow I don't think so!

381177[/snapback]

Someone ban this old hag! All she does it crap on about people she dont like, shes just another version of Vinjay.

i bet souness wished he stay put at ewood lol

381178[/snapback]

Yes

But we don't. Anyone who seriously does should be sectioned! It's wonderful to have a manager with ambition, man management skills, ambition and transfer nouse. Goes all the way back to Kenny (although done WITHOUT the cash).

I'm just looking forward to the Chelsea match. I'm quite excited to see how we compare to them. I just hope we don't have any more aberrations ala Puke at home.............. or Everton

Someone ban this old hag! All she does it crap on about people she dont like, shes just another version of Vinjay.

381181[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong. This IS a topic about Souness out?????

So why shouldn't I discuss it here? MORON

i bet souness wished he stay put at ewood lol

Serves him right we are far better of with hughes anyway

from a hungover fan after last night

381178[/snapback]

If he had stayed and results continued as they were he would have been sacked by now. As it is he went to Newcastleon a little adenture and is at least £3m up on the deal. He can retire now!

I guess that after paying Rovers £1.65m to get Souness and crew and paying out £5m to get rid of them, Newcastle are not really in the market for a new Manager and paying out compensation of at least £2m by the time he's assembled his new team. Even someone with hippo-hide like FS won't want to be publicly rejected by five managers again, will he?

After all, why make Shearer the assistant and then ditch him when Allardyce and Lee walk in? Then again when did anything logical happen at Newcastle?

The signs are firmly that the Roeder/Shearer combination is the one they will go with for the balance of this season and FS's ego will then bring in SGE/Tord Gripp sandwiched round Shearer.

Remember the excellent job Roeder made of getting a far more talented West Ham side than this Newcastle outfit relegated ?

I think Rovers have nothing to worry about. Unlike the Geordies....

Except that, as neither Shearer nor Roeder have the necessary qualifications, the maximum time they're allowed to be caretaker managers is 12 weeks. (Frank Clarke from the LMA has just said this on Sky Sports News)

Except that, as neither Shearer nor Roeder have the necessary qualifications, the maximum time they're allowed to be caretaker managers is 12 weeks.  (Frank Clarke from the LMA has just said this on Sky Sports News)

381242[/snapback]

Its a frightening thought but as this is POETS season for the Prem (or is that POEWC), twelve weeks will just about see them to the end of the season.

He has probably brought this up because Hughes will be given a much bigger and better contract and considering the likes of the pundits on MOTD mentioned him as the future Manure boss - its only right that we increase his reputation so that if one day they do make a move for him, we recieve some serious Compensation!

Hmmm at first I was absolutely gutted when this happened, give Souness a bit longer and they'd be well and truely stuck in the mire. As it is a new manager still has enough time to turn things round, or at least steady the boat.

Added to which most clubs go through a honeymoon period when a new manager comes in, regardless of who it is. Even Kidd had a bit of one with us as I recall.

Having said that a Shearer/Roder combination for the time being is not too bad news. It's not exactly a partnership brimming full of tactical nous. Nor do they strike me as being able to discipline the more wayward elements of the club. Added to which they've still got the same players to work with, and the likes of Boomsong, Babyaro and Bramble don't strike me as a good enough defence.

Nevertheless, I expect that they'll probably hover about where they are now for the rest of the season then in comes Sven on an even dafter contract than his England one. Hughes is far too sensible to take up the Newcastle job, indeed it's hardly much of a step up.

I'm not sure that with bolton doing as well as they are that Allerdyce would go, although the man that is loyal personified at the 'big club' brum may be tempted now the goign's getting tough, and I doubt that the brum board would stand in his way.

Dont think it'd happen. My guess would be SGE with shearer as assistant for next season, with roeder/shearer handling the rest of this season.

381261[/snapback]

My guess is that Shearer will learn the ropes until the end of the season with the rodent and take over full time next season .

From what I've heard on the radio today many of the Geordie fans are appreciative of just how much money Shepherd has ploughed into the club , but are all too aware that his decisions on the management have been flawed to say the least .

I reckon he'll take the easy option this time and put his faith in Shearer . Probably the wisest choice . He's managed to divert the worst of the anger and blame onto Souness this time ; one more bad choice as manager and he'll face the wrath .

Edited by blue phil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.