Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Souness's groupies.

It was handball alright, but how often do we get the rub of the green? Bolton got the decision when Diouf swan dived over Brad to get a penalty.

Sod it, Sod the geordies and sod the 'toon' army. Another three points for the blues.

Liverpool to spank united and the weekend will be complete.

376864[/snapback]

I hear these plonkers want Bobby Robson back !. I hope he comes, and then it'll be a return to the ill discipline and laziness of old. Bobby would surely be the only decent manager stupid enough to take on these fickle whingers who want any manager who does not win the league by winning every game to resign.

The league records between Hughes and Souness since they became managers at their current clubs isnt that different...

Souness

Played 56, won 17, drawn 17, lost 22, pts 68

Sparky

Played 55, won 19, drawn 17, lost 19, pts 74

In that time however, Hughes has taken the mighty blue'n'whites to two major cup semi-finals and the team is on the up. Souness however, apart from the UEFA & FA Cup runs last year, has taken a better than average Toon Army and has turned them into a worse than ordinary outfit.

I know £5m is a lot of compensation, but weigh it up against relegation Mr Shepherd!!!

I hear these plonkers want Bobby Robson back !. I hope he comes, and then it'll be a return to the ill discipline and laziness of old. Bobby would surely be the only decent manager stupid enough to take on these fickle whingers who want any manager who does not win the league by winning every game to resign.

377264[/snapback]

not all of them are stupid plonkers on that photo! Me and my mates are amongst them singing souness out for the laugh!!

The league records between Hughes and Souness since they became managers at their current clubs isnt that different...

Souness

Played 56, won 17, drawn 17, lost 22, pts 68

Sparky

Played 55, won 19, drawn 17, lost 19, pts 74

In that time however, Hughes has taken the mighty blue'n'whites to two major cup semi-finals and the team is on the up. Souness however, apart from the UEFA & FA Cup runs last year, has taken a better than average Toon Army and has turned them into a worse than ordinary outfit.

I know £5m is a lot of compensation, but weigh it up against relegation Mr Shepherd!!!

377266[/snapback]

However, thn you have to add in:

Souness- spent £50m

Hughes- spent £7m

And you get the REAL picture. He's not even a very good chequebook manager any more! And the gulf in points is only widening in Hughesy's favour.

It's all good

However, thn you have to add in:

Souness- spent £50m

Hughes- spent £7m

And you get the REAL picture.  He's not even a very good chequebook manager any more!  And the gulf in points is only widening in Hughesy's favour.

It's all good

377322[/snapback]

And while we're at it, look at the respective postitions of the two clubs. Rovers have gone up, while Newcastle are going down...

you are a broken record Jan, when are you going to give it a rest?

1) You dont like Souness - he be bad man

2) You think he screwed us over - he be bad man

3) Hes having a bad time at Newcastle - Ha Ha rejoice

4) You dont like Rangers - they be bad people

5) Barry Ferguson is a big girls blouse (no argument)

There, covered it all - we get it find something else to divert your obvious intelligence at. Such as why does MGP do nothing except score goals. Why do they build land fill sites under flocks of seagulls?

Souness finds loyal support at Newcastle.

Oh boy, Freddie did some cracking deals didn't he? £1m each to Saunders and Murray to sack them as well!

Add the cost of paying compensation to hire a replacement team and Newcastle are looking at £8m probably to get rid.

Then Newcastle are also about to lose a case against the VAT man over the recovery of VAT on agents' bills where they charge the club that buys the player. (The Excise are arguing that the contractual relationship exists between player and agent and therefore the clubs have no basis for recovering VAT where they pay the agent as well- nice argument!)

Of course, of all the football clubs around, the VAT man will have looked for the one who has made it easiest to win against- step forwards Newcastle!

Edited by philipl

philipl, are you rubbing your hands with glee at the iminent demise of GS, just as Jan is?

Words like "Oh boy", "Freddie did some cracking deals",

"Of course, of all the football clubs around, the VAT man will have looked for the one who has made it easiest to win against- step forwards Newcastle!'

Show me another club that has not had problems, including our own.

Well, philipl, and jan, If I met Souness today, I'd thank him for what he did for the Rovers. I'd be more than happy to share a bottle of good red with him.

OK he stuffed up towards the end, but he got us back where we (I believe) belong. Yep it went tits up shortly after, but you find me a club where a manager hasn't ballsed it up after a period of time.

The "glee" of both of you makes me somewhat upset that you are Rovers supporters, relishing the problems of someone not now associated with our club.

Another industry, another time, it could be you, it could be me, but then, we stay out of the volatile sector, don't we?

BTW philipl, what was the "edit" that Shaddy brought to your attention? Accountants aren't noted for their errors, are they? wink.gif

What nobody seems to be commenting on at all (not just here but in any kind of media) is the rediculour amount of injuries Rovers had under Souness. It can be no coincidence everywhere he goes all his players get injured, he just clearly prepares them insuficiently....

Off the top of my head...

Craig Short... Out constantly through Souness' reign.. Now playing regularaly for Sheff Utd in Championship.

Henning Berg.. Missed a third of the action when we finished 6th, moved on to finish his playing days injury free in Glasgow.

Amoruso.. Always injured under Souness. Now fully fit but out of favour.

David Thompson.. Ditto, has regained full fitness under Hughes, but no longer good enough. Sold to Wigan.

David Dunn.. Missed alot of action throughout his last season, and to be fair has only just regained full fitness.

Damien Duff.. Missed half the season we finished 6th, not been cursed with injuries as much since he left Rovers.

Barry Ferguson.. Hardly played under Souness, an unfortunate injury; This one probably can't be blamed on poor preperation.

Steven Reid.. Hardly saw him under Souness due to constant injuries sustained in his first year as a Rover,.. Now a first team squad regular and never seems to be injured.

Andy Cole.. Will give Souness the benefit of the doubt, but missed a few months the season we finished 6th a hamstring injury, an injury Souness' teams have great problems with.

So it's not as if this is a new theme under Souness, yet now he's up there he's thinking he's cursed... Anyone got a mirror handy for Greame?

C'mon Freddy......it's a good day to bury bad news!

The timings perfect! Just as he was on the point of getting sacked by us the Mags came in for him. Now just as he is on the point of being sacked by them who do we know who is now effectively managerless and could get him on the cheap?

Souey for England! tongue.gif

Something has been puzzling me regarding this "Souness Out" campaign.

On Saturday, why were our fans singing "We want Souness Out" - Surely the last thing we want is a team below us in the league getting a new manager, probably with more funds, and potentially pushing on and eventually climbing above us in the league - costing us financially as well as possibly a place in Europe.

Why do we want Souness out exactly?

We should be begging Newcastle to keep him!

Edited by ngreenwo

philipl, are you rubbing your hands with glee at the iminent demise of GS, just as Jan is?

Words like "Oh boy", "Freddie did some cracking deals",

"Of course, of all the football clubs around, the VAT man will have looked for the one who has made it easiest to win against- step forwards Newcastle!'

Show me another club that has not had problems, including our own.

Well, philipl, and jan, If I met Souness today, I'd thank him for what he did for the Rovers. I'd be more than happy to share a bottle of good red with him.

OK he stuffed up towards the end, but he got us back where we (I believe) belong. Yep it went tits up shortly after, but you find me a club where a manager hasn't ballsed it up after a period of time.

The "glee" of both of you makes me somewhat upset that you are Rovers supporters, relishing the problems of someone not now associated with our club.

Another industry, another time, it could be you, it could be me, but then, we stay out of the volatile sector, don't we?

BTW philipl, what was the "edit" that Shaddy brought to your attention? Accountants aren't noted for their errors, are they? wink.gif

377390[/snapback]

My edit was a misspelling of dumbest which I decided was not the best adjective to use.

My point is that the VAT man could have chosen any club to bring this case against- they chose Newcastle. Why, because they clearly did something which made the Excise believe they were the easiest club to get the judgement against.

My glee is against Newcastle if you read my post.

Yes Newcastle which

- took Gordon Lee from us

- bought Roger Jones then dumped him in the stiffs one game short of paying the transfer fee they should have done

- the Newcastle whose Chairman Lord Westwood was also Chairman of the FA which twice blatantly made judgements against Rovers and in favour of Newcastle which stank as high as the Tynemouth fish docks

- which took Shearer off us

- whose Chairman FF has said numerous disgraceful things like wanting all the small clubs to go bust

- who apply to join the G14 every year

- etc

- etc

Now I think it is pay back time for us Rovers, don't you. Souness walked out on us (not that I am complaining) but that was a humiliation at the time considering Newcastle had been resisted by half the clubs in the land but the moment FF knocked on our door, our manager was out like a shot.

I am hugely enjoying Newcastle's discomfiture and the fact there is a Rovers' connection makes it all the sweeter.

My edit was a misspelling of dumbest which I decided was not the best adjective to use.

My point is that the VAT man could have chosen any club to bring this case against- they chose Newcastle. Why, because they clearly did something which made the Excise believe they were the easiest club to get the judgement against.

My glee is against Newcastle if you read my post.

Yes Newcastle which

- took Gordon Lee from us

- bought Roger Jones then dumped him in the stiffs one game short of paying the transfer fee they should have done

- the Newcastle whose Chairman Lord Westwood was also Chairman of the FA which twice blatantly made judgements against Rovers and in favour of Newcastle which stank as high as the Tynemouth fish docks

- which took Shearer off us

- whose Chairman FF has said numerous disgraceful things like wanting all the small clubs to go bust

- who apply to join the G14 every year

- etc

- etc

Now I think it is pay back time for us Rovers, don't you. Souness walked out on us (not that I am complaining) but that was a humiliation at the time considering Newcastle had been resisted by half the clubs in the land but the moment FF knocked on our door, our manager was out like a shot.

I am hugely enjoying Newcastle's discomfiture and the fact there is a Rovers' connection makes it all the sweeter.

377447[/snapback]

We could throw in "getting Graham Oates on the cheap".

And never acknowledging the full amount of Alan Shearer's transfer at £15,750,000 as they could not pay the full amount in one go.

An excellent piece by LDRover on this point in tonight's LET.

Especially the vomit-inducing spiel about his son growing up as "a Geordie" which was particularly cringe-worthy at the time.

<Something has been puzzling me regarding this "Souness Out" campaign.

On Saturday, why were our fans singing "We want Souness Out" - Surely the last thing we want is a team below us in the league getting a new manager, probably with more funds, and potentially pushing on and eventually climbing above us in the league - costing us financially as well as possibly a place in Europe.>

ngreewo - Rovers travelling support were not simply singing 'Souness Out' up at St James....

I also heard (OK, chanted a few too!) from both sets of fans (quite a few Rovers fans afterwards acting as fifth columnists fomenting unrest amongst the natives):

Souness in, Souness Out, Souness-shake-it-all-about, Taxi for Souness, Knighthood for Souness, Souness for Burnley, Souness for Sunderland, Souness for England, Souness for Scotland, Sack the board, One Fat Freddy, Shepherd Out etc etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.