BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Given that he will go for a minimal fee in Jan or none at all at the end of the season and therefore, would be able to negotiate a better deal for himslef personally, wouldn't it be in his own best interests to play as well as he possibley can. This would make him more attractive to more clubs and increase his value.

Correct.......... depending on what may have already gone on behind the scenes.

Lucas Neil is only committed to lining his own pocket and what is best for Lucas Neil. Hasn't been interested since the move fell through this summer. In his own mind he's now far too big a player for little Blackburn.

Good luck in Liverpool reserves Lucas

Pointless and childishly bitter comment if you don't mind me saying so matey.

If you really want to avoid repetitions of this then 'Team Lanky' really is the only way forward for us. ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reluctantly I have to agree that LN is no longer interested in playing for Rovers and he must go in Jan for the best deal we can get. And for me that does NOT mean Warnock coming in. I have not forgotten what he said as the transfer window slammed shut in August; that he had been dreading the phone ringing all the last day to tell him he was going to Blackburn. I don't want to see ANY player in the blue and white halves that does not want to wear them. End of story.

If Rovers can benefit from a bidding war for LN's services then so much the better, and I will put my trust in Sparky to sign the best possible replacement that he can negotiate taking all the circumstances and needs into account.

well said that man :rover:

What evidence do you have for saying that? Neill's commitment hasn't been in question for me this season.

i dont think it's the commitment, it's the fact he has rejected improved contracts and obviously wants to play somewhere else.

everytime he goes out to play in a rovers shirt he does give his all as a pro skill wise but his heart i dont think is in for the cause anymore.

i dont think it's the commitment, it's the fact he has rejected improved contracts and obviously wants to play somewhere else.

everytime he goes out to play in a rovers shirt he does give his all as a pro skill wise but his heart i dont think is in for the cause anymore.

He's just seeing out his contract. He's done nothing wrong, he's not thrown a strop and asked to leave, his performances on the pitch have been good, he's simply decided to leave at the end of his current deal - something he's perfectly entitled to do.

Agree with Scotty on this one, he's by far the best option (even though Mickey Gray has had a few good games now) and should therefore play when available. Not only am I sad to see him leave, because he's one of the better fullbacks in the league, but he's also one of the few Rovers who's been here for quite some time. Oh well, off to Newc. relegation struggle or Chelsea/Liverpool bench - give us a million or three and we'll let him go.

MH reported comment today, "He understands that if in January the situation arises where I feel the squad will not be weakened then I will look at it. But if that situation does not develop he will not be moving."

And what will be the response from Lucas if he wants to force through his transfer to Liverpool in January?

I may be wrong, but would not be at all surprised if his "nagging hamstring" persists a while longer!

It's no good getting rid of him as early as possible, just out of spite. Like him as a player, or not, rovers are doing the right thing here. If they can get someone in who can hold down a regular first team place, then fair enough let him go. If not he must stay.

Fair do's to Neill, he never gives less than his best.

What evidence do you have for saying that? Neill's commitment hasn't been in question for me this season.

:o

It's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that LN wants to leave scotty! He keeps saying he does and refusing to sign another contract. Is that enough evidence for you? BUT he is going about it the right way by honouring his contract in a professional manner unlike so many others.

And btw to all the doubters his complete lack of pace against MU in the second half showed that he was not 100% fit.

Edited by thenodrog

I am disappointed about some of the remarks about Neill on here.

Lets not forget he is playing out of position, he had a transfer turned down - and yet I haven't seen any reported dissent in the press (as so many players do) - the only thing he has said is to re-iterate his desire to move to pastures new.

For those that accuse him of being a money grabber - he will get far more money by sitting out his contract - and yet he has said nothing in the press to indicate this.

I personally don't want him to go - but if he does, he will go with my thanks. Irrespective of the level of his performances, IMO he always gave 100% in a Rovers shirt. Yes we gave him his initial break in the EPL - but I think he has repaid us - especially if we get any form of transfer fee in January.

surley neill would be financialy better off staying until his contract expires at the end of the season and leaves on a bosman?

the bottom line is would it be better to get what we can in the january window and let him go to the highest bidder? or

keep his services until the end of the season and let him leave on a free?

i think this decision will be made easier if we can find a replacement or not in january to fill in for the loss.

You misunderstand me Scotty. I have not implied anything about Neil's effort or professionalism on the pitch. What I said was that he is no longer interested in remaining a Rovers player after his current contract runs out. In his own words he wants to try elswhere, and feels it is time to move on. I am not accusing him of not playing to his best ability as long as he remains in the Rovers team. In fact it is clearly in his own best interests to do so if he wants to attract offers from top clubs.

You misunderstand me Scotty. I have not implied anything about Neil's effort or professionalism on the pitch. What I said was that he is no longer interested in remaining a Rovers player after his current contract runs out. In his own words he wants to try elswhere, and feels it is time to move on. I am not accusing him of not playing to his best ability as long as he remains in the Rovers team. In fact it is clearly in his own best interests to do so if he wants to attract offers from top clubs.

Fair enough, my mistake. :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this is really weird. I got a strange feeling that Liverpool are going to change there mind about wanting Neil and that Newcastly are going to end up signing him.

I just looked up the Lucas Neil Topic in the search bar and look what it says underneath it from the summer. Newcastle interested... Weird...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.