BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Ball is a bit of a gamble. Seems he has lost his way a bit since the promising start to his career? Bit like Jeffers, although not as severe. We really should be going for Wayne Bridge. Thats the sort of ambition the fans want to see. If we can flog Neill then we could probably afford to bring in Bridge. Although we obviously wont be the only ones interested in him.

• 3 weeks later...

if you read the sunday papers, it states the likes of barca and co are seriously interested in him.

Now forgive me for this, but from what I know and se of our Lucas he aint world class, he certainly does not fit the cloth for thee clubs that are being mentioned and it would all appear to be the work of his agent.

his agents big gob is akin to lucas's big ego (and mouth). I dont see how he could even get in Barcas reserve team never mind the first 11, as for Inter ? well please dont make me laugh, its Armistice day not April Fools day :brfc:

I have no complaints about Neill recently. He has certainly been no worse than anyone else and given that he has had to change position and play while injured I don't think he has done badly at all. It it weren't for the fact he hasn't signed a new contract I don't think anyone would be being critical of him.

What's going on? Half the posts here suggest that Neill is rubbish and we should get rid.

The others seem to be suggesting that we should sell him to Barca or Milan.

Can someone square this circle and explain why if he is so bad then both Barca & Milan are interested?

My own feeings is that Barca & Milan are after a blooming good player who can play any position along the back four, probably left & right midfield & that if we sell him for less than Abromovich money we are sending out all the wrong messages.

Can someone square this circle and explain why if he is so bad then both Barca & Milan are interested?

Most likely answer is that they aren't and that these "stories" have been fueled by someone with an interest in doing so.

It'd explain why no teams other than Liverpool made much of a move for him in the summer and even they didn't wish to pay too much or trade Warnock.

Still...we shall see, Neill is a good player after all but no more than that.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

What's going on? Half the posts here suggest that Neill is rubbish and we should get rid.

The others seem to be suggesting that we should sell him to Barca or Milan.

My own feeings is that Barca & Milan are after a blooming good player who can play any position along the back four, probably left & right midfield & that if we sell him for less than Abromovich money we are sending out all the wrong messages.

Well his contract has six months to run (in the next transfer window) and he's publically stated that he won't re-sign with the team. Anthing we get for him would be a bonus.

doesnt matter to me how hes playing he doest give a sh:t about the rovers fans or club i would have put him in the reserves and let him wallow...

I WANT 100% HEART AND SOUL FOR THE ROVERS OR NONE AT ALL.

He got in News of the World's team of the week for his performance yesterday :lol:

FOR REAL??OR YOU TAKING THE YOU KNOW WHAT?

So please take some time to inform us all how you would handle that particular bit of business Colin? Your reply should be interesting to say the least and if at all feasible be very welcome to the BRFC board. In fact you could even find yourself on it!

Henry Winter, in his report on the Arsenal Liverpool game yesterday, suggested that Benitez will follow up on his interest in Neill to sign him in January to replace the "hapless" Finnan.

So if he doesn't go to Barca, or Milan, he might go to Liverpool!

Neill has been pulled out of the Australian squad to face Ghana because of injury.

Radio Lancs were reporting that Neill would spend most of the week on the treatment table because of a slightly torn hamstring.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.