BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

if he does not want to stay then I say he should be off loaded in the January transfer window. I would prefer it (if he was to go in Jan) that he went to Liverpool instead of Newcastle as we will have played both leauge matches againts liverpool by then and he would not have much of an oppourtunity to come back and haunt us (Like a certain Welshman did on Sat)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be extremely annoyed and at a loss to explain why if Lucas did join Newcastle. Duff, Owen, Emre etc will no doubt be regretting their moves North, and I'm confident that Neill would join them in his evaluation. I said to my mates at the start of the season that Roeder would be gone by the end of the campaign, and I still think that I'll be proved right....that job is cursed!

I suppose thats the nub of it, Newcastle clearly have great players but have had a succession of mediocre managers. If a new manager of quality came in (please not Hughes) then you would have to admit that newcatle have far more of a capability to challenge for the title over the next three or four years than we, or any similarly financially weak club, have.

To put it in context we would take Martins, Owen, Parker, Emre, Duff, Solano, Milner and Given off them, no hassle. I doubt Newcastle would particularly covet any of our players bar Nelsen, McCarthy and Neill. All of which goes to show the outstanding quality of Hughes (or paucity of Roeder) as a manager.

I would say that Newcastle would probably take Nelsen, Neill, Emerton (based on this season), MGP, Reid and Benni off of us and they might not mind having some of our other players, the likes of Savage, Friedel and Bentley would all be useful additions to their squad.

What I would argue is that they are a team of big names, but that doesn't mean that they are a big or a good team. I think you can't continue to blame their poor performance on poor managers, at the end of the day if the squad was that good then they would do the business when they step out onto the pitch.

This will be an interesting one to watch. A totally realistic scenario at Christmas could be Rovers, Newcastle and Liverpool all top half, outside the first four but within a decent run of results of making a CL berth.

In those circumstances, Rovers would be far better served with Lucas rotting in the reserves rather than crucially strengthening an opponent also chasing the £10m CL pot.

This will be an interesting one to watch. A totally realistic scenario at Christmas could be Rovers, Newcastle and Liverpool all top half, outside the first four but within a decent run of results of making a CL berth.

In those circumstances, Rovers would be far better served with Lucas rotting in the reserves rather than crucially strengthening an opponent also chasing the £10m CL pot.

Did you see the Barcodes yesterday?

No attacking flair and their defence is worse than when Souness was there

Did you see the Barcodes yesterday?

I lost 90 minutes of my fairly worthless life watching that. I should have been scraping off paint. I hope Lucas watched it too. They were hopeless and only scored via a dubious penalty. Why anyone would want to go from Ewood to SJP is beyond me. Mind you a huge wad of Fat Freddie's cash might be compensation.

But for any self respecting footballer.............words fail me!

At least Duff moved so he could play 90 minutes more than once every 3 months.

I suppose thats the nub of it, Newcastle clearly have great players but have had a succession of mediocre managers. If a new manager of quality came in (please not Hughes) then you would have to admit that newcatle have far more of a capability to challenge for the title over the next three or four years than we, or any similarly financially weak club, have.

To put it in context we would take Martins, Owen, Parker, Emre, Duff, Solano, Milner and Given off them, no hassle. I doubt Newcastle would particularly covet any of our players bar Nelsen, McCarthy and Neill. All of which goes to show the outstanding quality of Hughes (or paucity of Roeder) as a manager.

Id take Martins, Owen, Parker, Emre milner, but thats it duff is finished at that level ( a mixture of ego, the chelsea effect and injury's ), id take the whole of rovers rovers back 5, reid,bentley maybe mgp and benni over anything they have got

Id take Martins, Owen, Parker, Emre milner, but thats it duff is finished at that level ( a mixture of ego, the chelsea effect and injury's ), id take the whole of rovers rovers back 5, reid,bentley maybe mgp and benni over anything they have got

Id take Taylor off there hands. He looks a great defender for his age and I dont know why they dont start with him.

You mean in the recent U21. Not sure. Might have been. I remember watching it though and laughing my self silly.

He's done it twice now, once for the under 21's and last season for Newcastle where he got sent off. You've gotta feel for him at Newcastle-getting kept out of the first 11 by Craig Moore and Titus Bramble is enough to wreck any young lads career!!

He's done it twice now, once for the under 21's and last season for Newcastle where he got sent off.

I remember him doing it for Newcastle and getting sent off - but I thought that the most recent acting was against United from Fletchers shot. Couldn't believe he did it again!

He's done it twice now, once for the under 21's and last season for Newcastle where he got sent off. You've gotta feel for him at Newcastle-getting kept out of the first 11 by Craig Moore and Titus Bramble is enough to wreck any young lads career!!

Three times. He did it against Man United the other week after a shot from fletcher but got away with it.

what do people rekon we could have a remote chance of newcastle going down and us signing there best players never going to happen, if it did we would be challenging for champs league.

friedel

emerton ooijer nelsen neil

milner parker reid pedersen

owen mccarthy

subs:

given

taylor

zurab

duff

martins

what do people rekon we could have a remote chance of newcastle going down and us signing there best players never going to happen, if it did we would be challenging for champs league.

friedel

emerton ooijer nelsen neil

milner parker reid pedersen

owen mccarthy

subs:

given

taylor

zurab

duff

martins

The above is pure pie in the sky obviously, but for the sake of arguement ... I'd have Bentley in that side over Milner and Duff in for Pedersen.

you'd take milner over duff ?

and martins.... he's not proved he can hack it yet! (he's in the same boat as shevchenko).

Surely something to that effect was implied? :unsure:

Anyway, whatever you think, I'm sure we are all agreed that Newcastle is a step back for Lucas Neill. What a horrible set of circumstances they are in! Huge debt, a squad full of overpaid under-performing/injured players, set for a relegation battle, and managed by a very average manager to boot.

Amongst other things.

Thanks for explaining what I actually meant. I think I was half asleep when I posted that. Will try to do better in future.

the strange thing about newcastle is that as individual players, they have some very good players, but collectively and as a team...they just seem to flatter to deceive season after season. i know that lucas will leave rovers, but if the lad has his head screwed on, then he will either sign the contract on offer or go to barca.

I'd certainly take the likes of Given, Emre and Duff off their hands! IMO Shay Given is probably the best keeper in the Premiership. Duff or Emre would prove to be far more effective than Pedersen is at the moment.

The only thing that Neill could achieve at Newcastle is the change of scenery that he wants. Apart from that he isn't going to a club which is going anywhere, they won't finish ahead of us or qualify for Europe, so why bother? They wouldn't fulfill any of his ambitions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.