BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he is a good defender and his utility along the back four is invaluable. However, if he leaves (and he is obviously is going to) then he can be replaced. However, with all this mention of Liverpool, Barca and Milan after him I do think he is starting to be overrated by some.

In his years at Rovers he had at least two average seasons. That was when Neill was mainly slagged off, other than that it seems to be because he can't stop telling reporters that he doesn't particularly want to be here.

If he leaves, we shouldn't find it too difficult to replace him.

He can get overrated by as many as he likes for me; the more the merrier, because that will help to inflate his value when the time comes.

I agree that he is a good defender and his utility along the back four is invaluable. However, if he leaves (and he is obviously is going to) then he can be replaced. However, with all this mention of Liverpool, Barca and Milan after him I do think he is starting to be overrated by some.

Bold statement FLB and one which you may regret in time. One manager and his assistant from one of those clubs might make a mistake about a player but surely not all 3!

Anyway the worst case scenario is not that he leaves in Jan or June but that he gets a long term injury! He would stay till he is fit again like Le Saux and Ferguson kybosh our available finances for wages in the process and thereby stiff our chances of signing anybody as replacement! :(

Nicolas Anelka has very funny ideas about things! Bolton play kick and rush? Tell us something we dont know, maybe he should do a little more research before he moves clubs again. I remember the look on Sam Allardyces face when at the press conference to announce his signing, Anelka said something along the lines that if Bolton get into the Champions League he might stay next year! Just what the gaffer wants to hear after shelling out millions for him. Why anyone would consider touching Anelka with his rotten attitude and big ego is beyond me.

Australia is playing Bahrain in an Asian cup qualifier, half time and they are two up. Aloisi with what looked like an offside goal, and a wonder strike from Bresciano, if you get a chance, see it.

Lucas is undoing all the good work he put in last match, very ordinary, been caught out a number of times, put some very ordinary passes in.

Bert is doing OK without setting the world on fire.

Both played 90 mins.

The hardest workers on the night were the stretcher bearers, They must have carted off 6 or 7 Bahrainis :lol:

The second half was ordinary apart from the pass to Sterjovski, who was unlucky not to score, hitting the bar with a beautiful volley. Neill put in one or two good passes, but put in as many bad ones. Not one of Lucas's best games.

It will be interesting to see how Bert and Lucas pull up on the weekend, they'd only get back on friday.

edit: The game finished 2-0 to the Aussies.

Edited by dave birch

On one hand, I cannot see how Emerton and Neill can play on Saturday at Anfield after a 238 hour flight back from Australia, having just come out of the showers following the match.

On the other, slightly prettier hand, I cannot see who else we can realistically play at full backs without us getting bashed up by Liverpool.

Mickey `One Punch` Gray is out of favour, Matteo is out of skill and the rest are just kids. And kids win you nothing. Except the one who offered to get my 8 nudges on the bandit if I gave him some of my Cider.

On one hand, I cannot see how Emerton and Neill can play on Saturday at Anfield after a 238 hour flight back from Australia,

:D return flights from aus certainly feel like 238 hours.

on the game, i caught a bit on eurosport this aft, bert was taking long throws. cant remember him taking any for us. we should utilising that weapon. we've a few long throw experts, but the more the merrier.

gate receipts aside, i have to ask-- with austrailia already qualified, bahrain bringing their olympic team, was it really necessary for the socceroos premiership stars to play ?

gate receipts aside, i have to ask-- with austrailia already qualified, bahrain bringing their olympic team, was it really necessary for the socceroos premiership stars to play ?

From an australian point of view, yes. They rarely come to play here and its about time a few of them said no, our country is important to play for. It's like saying should the english players travelled to croatia? I know the flight time is extremely different. Anyway we needed to win to get seeded anyway.

From an australian point of view, yes. They rarely come to play here and its about time a few of them said no, our country is important to play for. It's like saying should the english players travelled to croatia? I know the flight time is extremely different. Anyway we needed to win to get seeded anyway.

didnt know about the point for seedings, thanks for putting me straight.

On one hand, I cannot see how Emerton and Neill can play on Saturday at Anfield after a 238 hour flight back from Australia, having just come out of the showers following the match.

After a similar midweek trip last season, Lucas went straight back into the team the weekend after a Wednesday night jaunt down under, and Bert was on the bench.

I remember thinking at the time Lucas must be in damn good shape to cope with that. Wouldn't be surprised to see them both in the team on Saturday, what with Bert's new life and everything.

hughes just been on ssn sayin hes still hopefull Neill will stay and that he'll carry on being captain after his impressive performances

Blah Blah Blah - flogging a dead horse

Though I supose that you cant blame Hughes for trying

Of course Hughesy might be hinting that Lucas is just playing brinksmanship to get himself the best contract possible.

Which could make sense given that, if Lucas was really planning on sitting out his contract, there'd be little advantage in admitting it in the media.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.