BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

I'd certainly take the likes of Given, Emre and Duff off their hands! IMO Shay Given is probably the best keeper in the Premiership.

Letting Shay Given leave was one of the worst transfer decisions Rovers have ever made.

As for Newcastle; can anyone explain why on earth Steven Taylor is being left out of the team to accomodate Titus Bramble?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the strange thing about newcastle is that as individual players, they have some very good players, but collectively and as a team...they just seem to flatter to deceive season after season.

Sounds a bit like England too :D:P

I'd certainly take the likes of Given, Emre and Duff off their hands! IMO Shay Given is probably the best keeper in the Premiership. Duff or Emre would prove to be far more effective than Pedersen is at the moment.

The only thing that Neill could achieve at Newcastle is the change of scenery that he wants. Apart from that he isn't going to a club which is going anywhere, they won't finish ahead of us or qualify for Europe, so why bother? They wouldn't fulfill any of his ambitions.

No, but they would fulfill his bank-balance ambitions, and those of his agent too! :ph34r:

Think the agent comment is the most telling. I've long had the feeling that most of the "I want a change of scene" and "I need to go to a bigger club before it's too late" have been agent speak for "this guy's looking too settled and I haven't had my cut of a transfer fee for a while."

ok, we all know by now that lucas is not moving away from from rovers for footballing reasons, unfortunately to fill his pockets. however on the off chance that it was for footballing reaons, then where (other than rovers) would he go that it is gonna be a top notch club and one that is moving forward? none of the teams that have been mentioned in the telegraph could offer lucas as much promise as what we could.

NEWCASTLE - best thing about them is the support they get anywhere and everywhere.

WEST HAM - never gonna challenge for honours domestically, already out of the uefa cup, bottom half of the table all the time and will not be their captain.

LIVERPOOL - their back four, lucas will not get infront of any of them and they are a long way off winning the title.

SPURS - never have a settled team from one season to the next.

the best option for him is to go to the nou camp - barcalona, the history and name speaks for itself. challenging for the spanish title every season, playing with world class players every week, and awsome pay packet and a fabulous lifestyle!!

when he leaves rovers, that is where i want him to go!!

well, if lucas really were to go to barca, then fair play to him. but seriously, do you guys really think that he would get into barca's team? if he can't be rated ahead of finnan at liverpool... what more zambrotta?! in any case, i guess my point would be, barca would be an obvious upgrade from us. however, if lucas moves to them or liverpool, who can also be considered bigger than us, then he is going to be giving up a regular place for a spot on the bench at best.

LIVERPOOL - their back four, lucas will not get infront of any of them and they are a long way off winning the title.

IMO, lucas is better defensively than finnan, warnock, riise and that brazilian chap.

he's now experienced in playing is any position along the back-line and liverpool will be attracted by that.

i havent got an issue with him leaving us for the likes of liverpool and barca.

There are alot of good left backs who may be looking to move in january or the summer.

Ball would seem to be risky, he hasn't had the best track record in recent times but if anybody can get the best out of him it's Hughes and his staff!

I'd love to see Baines but i fear the price that Wigan will place on him will make the entire football world cringe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.