BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glazer Set For Utd

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm no expert but I know a bit about basic bussiness and a 3:1 debt to turnover ratio puts you on a very slippery slope.

Global brand or not when the cash runs out......

That analysis doesn’t take into account- United champions league exploits this season, the increased TV revenue starting from next season & their own ticket price increases which alone will generate 10-15% more income. Then we have the seperate foreign tv deals which will also lead to extra in icome

Edited by Bazzanotsogreat

Well I'm no expert but I know a bit about basic bussiness and a 3:1 debt to turnover ratio puts you on a very slippery slope.

Global brand or not when the cash runs out......

Saw an expert from PWC that said the debt wasn't a worry at all, due to the global brand and money coming in.

• 1 month later...
You also missed that they re-financed the debt about 6 months ago, so as most of your postings, your figures are wrong.

The Guardian this morning is reporting that because of the state of the global debt market, Man U have been unable to restructure/ re-finance the £660m debt.

As you know, there is a crisis in the sub-prime market and the rates Man U are paying suggests they are sub-sub-prime.

The Telegraph report David Gill's comments. What he doesn't say is more than 30% of that £200m turnover is going in interest payments.

Edited by philipl

Utd having a waiting list of 14,000 for season tickets was simply bad business - un-exploited demand. Utd have increased their capacity more than anyone and can still use increased prices to balance supply and demand. Good for them: Old Trafford will still be full next year and Ewood will still have acres of empty seats.

I seem to recall predictions that the Glaziers would be miserly with Fergie's transfer budget - maybe it's being paid for by increases in income the previous management were leaving untapped.

Utd having a waiting list of 14,000 for season tickets was simply bad business - un-exploited demand. Utd have increased their capacity more than anyone and can still use increased prices to balance supply and demand. Good for them: Old Trafford will still be full next year and Ewood will still have acres of empty seats

It was a case of supply exceeding demand, and the costs of generating the extra capacity to fulfill that demand were considered too high. Not bad business, strategic planning! They could also charge more without damaging attendances. Their pricing structure this year is nuts, though, and it's going to drive people away. Having to pay for tickets to cup matches if you're a season ticket holder? As extra? At least add in the price to the ST and say that the cup games are "free"!

For the first time in a long, long, time the waiting lists for old trafford have dropped significantly. It's not hard to see it happening again next year, with a 3rd increase in a row in ST prices and some other nutty pricing (maybe they'll start charging for banners, or if you're not wearing a United jersey?) They've had a very good relationship with their fans, and it's been a strength to the club. It'd be stupid of them to waste it.

Long live "member-owned" clubs, huh? I wonder how difficult it would be to go back that direction sometimes. Probably wouldn't suit us, though.

For the first time in a long, long, time the waiting lists for old trafford have dropped significantly.

Thanks not quite right daren. This "waiting list" didnt appear to exist when they emailed everyone asking them if they wanted to buy a season ticket - I got one as I bought a ticket in the home end once, several years ago.

Thanks not quite right daren. This "waiting list" didnt appear to exist when they emailed everyone asking them if they wanted to buy a season ticket - I got one as I bought a ticket in the home end once, several years ago.

That this season? If so, then the waiting list is probably gone this season, then. Which makes me happy :) They did have 14,000 on it not too long ago, though (or at least claimed they did).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday Arsenal released a staggeringly fabulous set of financial results which must have sent waves through the football world and rattled Man U, Liverpool and above all, Abramovic (Chelsea are just an appendage now).

It clearly is a case of the tortoise and the hare- Arsenal have endured three relatively barren years whilst rebuilding in every sense and have re-emerged under the same corporate and managerial control as a powerhouse it is difficult to see anybody stopping in the foreseeable future.

This analysis of Man U by the Arsenal Supporters' Trust shows again how weak Man U are in the longer term.

Thankfully the Rovers are well-managed and in the hands of a Trust that can and will only sell when all the boxes are ticked.

My girlfriends brother was on the waiting list for years and he's been offered a season ticket for the first time this season. Can't afford it though now.

Whats this 'cant afford it' rubbish? ........ If he were to be true to MU's business model shouldn't he just go and borrow some.... :blink:

Edited by thenodrog

• 4 weeks later...
Interestingly when you look on Man Utd's website the section we are in (E230) is priced at £34, so it looks like the thieving gits are charging us more than they would charge their own fans.

Whci is exactly what the man behind me at the match yesterday and who attends all away matches said.

Interestingly when you look on Man Utd's website the section we are in (E230) is priced at £34, so it looks like the thieving gits are charging us more than they would charge their own fans.

Of course...they get a discount for being on the right side of the barricade ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.