BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

And the fact you've had to bring this back up just shows how desperate you are for recognition and attention.

339059[/snapback]

Thanks for your attempt at a psycological assessment Scotty. But it's well flawed I'm afraid. In truth I simply was waiting for the right moment to make you look like a right clever tawt. tongue.gif

And I have. withstupid.gif

I thank you. thumbs-up.gif

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In truth I simply was waiting for the right moment to make you look like a right clever tawt. 

339283[/snapback]

Well, I guess that's one up for you then because there's absolutely no chance whatsoever of me making you look like a clever anything.

I know the schools are off, so the usual schools promotion is a non-starter, but the club should look hard at trying to boost Saturdays gate with juveniles, eg under 16s free (or a nominal £1), free coaches to Ewood, etc.

I don't think keyrings, mousemats, cheap drinks and dog food will change a thing.

I know the schools are off, so the usual schools promotion is a non-starter, but the club should look hard at trying to boost Saturdays gate with juveniles, eg under 16s free (or a nominal £1), free coaches to Ewood, etc.

339355[/snapback]

I keep harping on about this. Why is it, that a lot of home games the Darwen upper is completely empty. This should be full of kids, even if tickets have to be given away to schools from around the county. thumbs-up.gif

or maybe the ticket office are putting a negative spin on it to try and encourage you to spread the news and get more ST holders.

339186[/snapback]

imo reverse psychology does not work in this situation. People either turn up or depart in droves. It's infectious and is more like an epidemic than a psychological ailment.

A guy on Century's Legends programme last night said that Wigan had run something last season with all the local junior football teams invited for free and from one team had acquired about 4 or 5 season ticket holders (plus at least one parent to take them).

The philosophy works, rather the Darwen End was full of people paying £1-2 with the possiblity of even 10% taking up season tickets in the future than empty every game.

Edited by key76

The philosophy works, rather the Darwen End was full of people paying £1-2 with the possiblity of even 10% taking up season tickets in the future than empty every game.

339368[/snapback]

Am I missing something Key? Why on earth would people buy season tickets at all when they can get a good seat for a quid? "Hmm lets see luv its June with the hols and sales coming up............... should I spend 400 quid now on a season ticket or sit in the Darwen End all season for £38?"

I keep harping on about this. Why is it, that a lot of home games the Darwen upper is completely empty. This should be full of kids, even if tickets have to be given away to schools from around the county. thumbs-up.gif

339360[/snapback]

I believe that to do this, the kids need to be supervised by the school teachers. Understandably, many of them are unwilling to give up their own time to take this on.

This is something the club could solve. If each school party had 3 or 4 volunteer stewards to look after them for the day, meet them from the coach to putting them back on the coach after the game.

It just needs a bit of thought and effort but I don't think the club can be bothered.

This is something the club could solve. If each school party had 3 or 4 volunteer stewards to look after them for the day, meet them from the coach to putting them back on the coach after the game.

It just needs a bit of thought and effort but I don't think the club can be bothered.

339377[/snapback]

I think you might be making assumptions without knowing the facts. Would rovers stewards be authorised to look after school outings?

Edit: although I do agree with the principle of getting school kids down there. I'm not sure about the practical side though.

I believe that to do this, the kids need to be supervised by the school teachers. Understandably, many of them are unwilling to give up their own time to take this on.

339372[/snapback]

Particulary if it also involves having to watch Rovers as well. blink.gif

339377[/snapback]

Its incredibly hard. It involves taking loco parental responsibility, the process is an absolute minefield with police clearance necessary, paperwork up to your eyeballs etc.

Now presumably some of this is in place for the schools projects, but it is more than a case of "cant be bothered"

Edited by stuwilky

I think you might be making assumptions without knowing the facts. Would rovers stewards be authorised to look after school outings?

Edit:  although I do agree with the principle of getting school kids down there. I'm not sure about the practical side though.

339379[/snapback]

There is the problem. If the kids are to be supervised everyone involved would have to have a CRB at the very least. It's become almost impossible for adults to supervise other people's children these days for fear of being sued.

I help run a youth club and we can't touch the children at all. I also recently watched an under 11 cricket match where one lad took a ball full on the head. the coach could only stand and watch as this poor child rolled around on the ground. We had to watch and wait till his father and myself made our way to the pitch to comfort the lad. Now this was extreme , and unecessary in my view, on the part of the coach but his immediate reaction when I and the father went to help was "I'm sorry I'm not allowed to touch the children"

Bloody stupid laws basically

Am I missing something Key?  Why on earth would people buy season tickets at all when they can get a good seat for a quid?  "Hmm lets see luv its June with the hols and sales coming up............... should I spend 400 quid now on a season ticket or sit in the Darwen End all season for £38?"

339370[/snapback]

Well I'm sure there's a way of ensuring that people don't exploit the system obviously. Or am I asking too much of the customer database in our beloved ticket office?? There are plenty of teams/schools/kids clubs within a 10/15 mile radius of Ewood so that a number can be invited on the numerous occasions when the Darwen End is empty.

Edited by key76

One or two good people are missing my point here.

I am not suggesting promotional prices for all home games, but maybe the six least attractive.

A under 16 promotion on Saturday would get round all the supervisory issues because schools would not be involved. It would give parents somewhere to take the kids towards the end of the long Summer holiday.

Either that or someone at ewood likes looking at empty blue seats.

Always felt one of the best children's things Rovers have ever done was the "Saturday Club". It wasn't called this, I'm old now, but ran in the early 90s:

Drop kids at Witton Park at 10.00am

Football training

Five a-side

Lunch

Kids bussed to the ground for 2.30ish

Those with STs met by parents the rest went to seats somewhere.

All this for, I think, £10 including match ticket and £5 for ST holders. It was brilliant and our lads often went.

Well not exactly Lee but similar. There was a guy, I think called Tony, who was involved with Rovers (pretty sure he was on the staff) and also in local youth football - Blackburn Boys perhaps?, who ran this. It was booked on a game by game basis and was per child, not per team.

Thinking about my lads age it would have been around 8-9 years ago. It was really excellent and should be revived if possible. Your link looks very good but it appears to require a team? My lad went on his own and got into local Blackburn football for a while as a result of folk he met.

I think Paul's guestimate of a gate around 16-18,000 come Saturday wont be too far off the mark I'm afraid,which in the cold light if day, is nothing more than Championship level.

Like it or not Fulham are seen as 'unnattractive' opposition(just like Rovers some would say!) and will bring a full coach or two at best.

Agree entirely about giving cheap ticket's to school's for the Darwen End upper for certain game's....the club has nothing to lose.

It's grin and bare it time folk's.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

but on the other hand its the type of game that could bve given an extra thought about promoting the club.

Its the holiday season

kids are off school

Rovers should have let under 15's in for a fiver, students and unemployed for a tenner and the same for the elderly generation.

That kind of marketing might have upset some but it may well have guaranteed a couple of extra thousand in the ground. With that any type of positive result would have had a positive reaction with spuds around he corner, bolton nigh and the sacking of sourness on the horizon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.