BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

Now a decent pricing policy for the Espanol friendly last week might just have attracted another 5-10000 thru the gate - some of whom might have been tempted to return to the fold for good..... huh.gif

338640[/snapback]

I think you're right with 5-1,000, sadly I suspect the figure would be much nearer 5 than 10,000. At a push we might even have got the extra fan tally to double figures.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find this both bad and sad news and we now have the lowest ST sales in the Premiership including Wigan Pathetic and behind local rivals such as Preston. sad.gif

338628[/snapback]

How exactly are we behind PNE when they hadnt even got over the 9 thousand mark for season ticket sales just before the start of the season? And as for Wigan I still don't think they have reached our sale of 13k (if we are 1k behind our total of 14k last season) when it is their biggest season EVER.

If we start the season less than a thousand down after the pretty poor fayre served up at Ewood over the last two years we havent done half bad.

Aye Ozzie but you have to use last seasons  wallet cover

336837[/snapback]

Oh............bugger.

Does anyone know the actual total. When I bought an extra ST this week the TO told me it was around 11,500. Posts on here suggest it could be 13,000, so just where are we at. It would be good to get the figure from the club, even if it is disapointing news.

I actually find this both bad and sad news and we now have the lowest ST sales in the Premiership including Wigan Pathetic and behind local rivals such as Preston. sad.gif

338628[/snapback]

How exactly are we behind PNE when they hadnt even got over the 9 thousand mark for season ticket sales just before the start of the season? And as for Wigan I still don't think they have reached our sale of 13k (if we are 1k behind our total of 14k last season) when it is their biggest season EVER.

If we start the season less than a thousand down after the pretty poor fayre served up at Ewood over the last two years we havent done half bad.

338866[/snapback]

Figues i've read say PNE and Wigan at 12K plus. We are 11.5K.

It appears that loss of season ticket holders isn't just a Rovers problem. Last night watching Match of the Day I was amazed at how many ground looked empty.

It looked like there was noone there at Sunderland, not even the amazing north east football fans could fill a stadium dry.gif

Villa were down about 8-9000 on thier capacity and City were about 7000 down.

Not what you'd normally expect on the opening day of the season.

It's just a sign of the times at the moment Clare. I have to hold my hands up and say I didn't see it coming as quick as others did however last year I was taking an interest and lots of clubs have started to struggle, we commented lots last year. Newcastle, Everton etc. Our figures will be down you can bet on that but we are not the only ones suffering by any means.

Sunderland looked the worst, couldnt believe the number of empty seats considering they have just been promoted. We've obviously started a trend with empty seats, maybe thats why the media dont like us.

Newcastle failed to sell out Man U away, poor crowds in the cups, haven't sold out season tickets for the first time in the Premiership. You have to remember also that when they fail to sell out it is not only the fans lost but clearly the waiting list is not there as much. They are not the only club to be struggling, Everton finished 4th but didn't sell out most home games.

Everton finished 4th but didn't sell out most home games.

338964[/snapback]

Think Everton are one of the few teams who have seen their s/t sales increase this year. But they did finish 4th. If they don't do as well this season they'll no doubt see a fall like most other teams.

Sunderland looked the worst, couldnt believe the number of empty seats considering they have just been promoted. We've obviously started a trend with empty seats, maybe thats why the media dont like us.

338918[/snapback]

I thought that too but there was in fact over 34000 on. Rem though that the Stadium of Light is huge....... prob too big in fact.

John Williams said recently that sales at this stage were on a par with last season.  However Thenodrog has a "source at the club" who seems to think that sales are well down.

Who to believe, Theno or John Williams?  It's a toughy.

328155[/snapback]

I take little pleasure in suggesting that it's not such 'a toughy' anymore is it Scotty?

You tried to make me look foolish with that churlish and unprovoked attack to my original post but whose left looking a cupid stunt now? If I were in your position I would be gentleman enough to apologise ...........but I'm not holding my breath.

Aw, poor lamb. Did I touch a nerve sweety?

Hasn't JW come out and said season ticket sales are only down 1000 on last season? And didn't we have 14,000 last season?

If by some miracle you've finally got something right Theno then I humbly apologise - but I'll still believe JW if that's ok with you. And the fact you've had to bring this back up just shows how desperate you are for recognition and attention.

Scotty I'm erring towards thenodrog's view on this. I've twice made casual enquiries at the TO window and got 11,500 as the answer, the last enquiry was Thursday. I think JW has to put a good spin on things and the facts will be that we are 1000 down on year to date sales but will fall around 2000 short of the 14000 you suggest for last year.

Saturday will show a lot. I doubt if more than 5000 will "walk up" - knock that off the attendance and you'll have the ST figure. My money is on around 16500 - 17000 attendance which gives 11,500 - 12,000 St holders.

I really would like to be wrong.............. sad.gif

I've been on the Rovers website and tried to apply for a season ticket. It will be my first one because I work on Saturdays, but i'm moving to the burnley store in the next few weeks and I won't be working Saturdays anymore. So all being well I will be attending.

I might miss a few games (Fulham and Tottenham) but i'll still go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.