BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop your moaning, I bet you cant name me another premierleague club that give away free keyrings and mousemats with their season tickets wink.gif  biggrin.gif

334052[/snapback]

Not moaning CN174 - just highlighting smile.gif

Wouldn't know about any other clubs S/T renewal extra's as I don't support anbody else - but forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't this thread about enticing fans back? thumbs-up.gif

Doesn't exactly set the feeling in my book for people to throw their coffers at the club - :just in the renewal packs it reads as something of great importance and not cheap gimmicks huh.gif

Season ticket came through this morning.

Lots of free stuff.

DVD of all the goals last season, key ring, mouse mat and vouchers of 40% off a hot dog and hot drink.

Exciting eh.

334021[/snapback]

what do I neded a sodding hot dog for? This will give me a fat arse...why not offer fresh pressed apple or freshly squeezed orange or even low fat yoghurts. Has JW and the Board never heard of healthy eating. mad.gif

They will never learn. tinykit.gif

Anyone want to buy a mousemat???  wink.gif

334076[/snapback]

Maybe not a mousemat, but I could be interested of that DVD. Shyte music and nine goals by Paul Dickov. Sounds like good friday night entertainment already laugh.gif

If someone wants to part with his/hers copy of that DVD or just make a copy of it send me PM or something.

Cheers

Not to mention that those of who have renewed dont need marketing to?

334204[/snapback]

The marketing process never ends. I guarantee if those who have renewed hadn't had the attention or marketing they received the renewal numbers would be down, even if it the difference was marginal.

It's not the Rovers marketing people who are responsible for the downturn in sales. Apart from free season tickets there isn't much else they can do.

Mark Hughes is effectively the 'marketing face' for Rovers, whilst he has done a good job it will take alng while for him to turn round the mess left by Mr. Souness.

The upbeat comments coming from Mark Hughes will have been arranged, but it still made me feel good. Things are slowly turning around.

A good start this season is imperative to acquiring a decent gate throughout the season.

In my memory, nothing lifts gates better than success on the pitch - but before any of you start posting, after 3 wins by mid Septamber, about apathetic support blah blah, Blackburn doesn't deserve a top flight side blah blah, it usually takes half a season for the public to respond eg after Kendall and later Dalglish turned things round.

PATIENCE REQUIRED, that's all, PATIENCE.

I've been reading an article in one of this mornings papers about the cost of Premiership football this season, and its getting scary.

Some of the findings are;

Tottenham after a decade of absence from the top 8 in the league will on 6 occasions charge £70 for a ticket for category "A" matches. Other games deemed less attractive will fall to £51 and £41. Prime seats are only available on a season ticket at £1,350. The most expensive in the Premiership.

A ticket for a category "A" match at Upton Park will cost £53 only £1 more than the most expensive ticket at Arsenal and significantly more than Chelsea. A season ticket at West Ham will set you back £745.

Chelsea themselves will charge between £45 and £48 per match.

The cheapest tickets in the league are at the JJB. On 8 occasions an adult ticket at Wigan will cost just £12.

The article also pointed out that a monthly subscription to Sky Sports will cost you half the price of one match watching Spurs at White Hart Lane.

Food for thought.

Decreased attendance wont just happen at Ewood it will inevitably happen at EVERY ground in the country very soon.Just look at the above ridiculous pricing,it simply cannot carry on like this for much longer...you reap what you sow mr greedy Premiership chairman.

West Ham have no players of the calibre of Bellamy so how the hell they can justify £53 is beyond me....yet the Boleyn ground will be full to the rafters for most games this coming season blink.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Most of the London premiership grounds will be full as usual this season, mainly because its people earn a lot more (on average) than people oop narth & London has a pool of around 7 to 10 million people to draw from.

The game is called supply & demand. The more people want tickets, the higher the clubs can hike their prices.

Most of the London premiership grounds will be full as usual this season, mainly because its people earn a lot more (on average) than people oop narth & London has a pool of around 7 to 10 million people to draw from.

The game is called supply & demand. The more people want tickets, the higher the clubs can hike their prices.

334607[/snapback]

I think the average happy Hammer will be harder up than the average Roverite, simply because of the cost of living in London/Essex.

But as you say it's all about supply and demand. Hammers fans will still buy the season tickets because they know if they don't, somebody else local with a bit more cash will.

Rovers fans don't have this worry and know they'll always be able to go to a game if they really want to.

Still think if our ground had only 20 - 25k capacity, we'd sell more season tickets.

Any update on season ticket numbers sold?

Wigan have sold just under 11,000 to date....surely we aren't going to sell the least number in the Premiership are we! unsure.gif

334763[/snapback]

I'd have thought Fulham would sell the least amount in the Premiership.

Anyone know when all the season tickets are been sent out.

334765[/snapback]

I got mine last week Al,

when we renewed Mrs stuwilky's last Wednesday they said by the end of July. (although he struggled with taking the cash payment so? )

I'm still getting info through trying to convince me to get a season ticket, when I've already applied for one blink.gif

334206[/snapback]

I didn't buy a season ticket last season, but I attended every home match. I haven't applied for one this season and I haven't had any correspondance from the club.

However, I did get a dvd and personal letter from David Hogson, the Darlington manager, telling my all about their season ticket packages and the benefits....I once attended a Darlington home match 2 season ago!

I got mine last week Al,

when we renewed Mrs stuwilky's last Wednesday they said by the end of July. (although he struggled with taking the cash payment so? )

334767[/snapback]

They said that they'd get mailed out at the start of July, but nothing has been forthcoming as yet!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.