BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

My local club SK Brann has sold more season tickets than that! It's really depressing reading about the lack of support from the general public in Blackburn.. sad.gif

330549[/snapback]

And how much are your season tickets ? wink.gif

What somebody said about this leading to a 5,000 or so decrease in gates isn't necessarily so . If the footy is entertaining the punters will come - so (forgetting about the character of Bellamy) , his was a very necessary signing .

I admit that this year I haven't renewed . I was on hols and missed the direct debit deadline and so I'll only be forking out on my 2 kids' tickets. The amount of people I come across who are simply unwilling to fork out the £3-400 upfront is incredible ; why this differs to Bolton I just don't know - apart from the obvious numbers involved , of course .

All in all , though , I'd expect the crowds will hover around the 18,000 mark plus whatever the away fans bring if we play decent enough football .

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave a price list for the Jack Walker stand to a dingle manager at work today. blink.gif (He's a born and bred? dingle and has had a season ticket for the last 12 years) Apparently, he is so fed up watching the dross down at the turf (Please, nobody mention what's been happening at Ewood for the last two seasons), he has decided there is more chance of watching decent football at the dreaded rivals BRFC! Obviously, he's right on that score. So, it looks like we could have one more season ticket holder, albeit an undesirable one, but on the bright side, turf poor has also lost his money. tongue.gif Not a bad result, but it has come to something when we need the dingles money. Anyway possibly £25 for eddiecolne. Oh and Abbey, don't suggest we hang him from the BBurn End until we've got his cash in the bank. wink.gif

For my wife to renew, it would have cost her £570.

330823[/snapback]

Wheres she sitting? Nowhere on the price list does it show a figure like that. That works out at £30 a game, it's cheaper to buy a ticket every week, especially bearing in mind you may be unable to make some of the midweek matches due to work or other commitments.

Wheres she sitting? Nowhere on the price list does it show a figure like that. That works out at £30 a game, it's cheaper to buy a ticket every week, especially bearing in mind you may be unable to make some of the midweek matches due to work or other commitments.

330824[/snapback]

Jack Walker upper central.

£61/month on direct debit. Those prices are hardly encouraging to first timers are they?

Den - What you could do is get a season ticket in Jack Walker Upper Outer, then for most games just move to the middle.

330828[/snapback]

Yes I realise we could move. I'm just pointing out the prices that a new ST holder has to pay, if they want to sit in the JW upper - never mind the people, who haven't got loyalty discount, have to find to renew.

She is one who wont be renewing..

She is one who wont be renewing..

330831[/snapback]

I spoke to three people yesterday who said they wouldn't be either with their families.

All three said it was a combination of reasons.

Too expensive generally, silly kick off times and poor football.

The motivation for most Premiership teams fans renewing their season tickets is the fear of being locked out of their grounds when the 'Sold out' signs are posted. This explains why Notlob have a waiting list for season tickets (Sold 22000) and Rovers have sold so few.....everybody knows that they can get a ticket no matter who the opposition. I am afraid that the decision to build Ewood with such a relatively large capacity is acting like an albatross round the club's neck. The only way out of this mess is to create demand by reducing capacity....demolishing the Riverside anybody? unsure.gif

create demand by reducing capacity....demolishing the Riverside anybody?  unsure.gif

331001[/snapback]

In response to Bobby G. Its, not as daft as it sounds.

Remove the Riverside and form a low terraced standing area, for home fans.

Before anyone states the safety factor, / Taylor report. Im sure there are ways to make a standing area safe by

a. having limited capacity to the area

b. low graded / leveled terracing.....(Remember the olf Nuttall St enclosures.)

c. a spill out area......already in place at the front of the Riverside.

Imagine a terrace of say 5 risers 2 METRES WIDE, running the length of the Riverside, with corporate facilities at a higher level with open seating balconies. HOME FANS ONLY. wink.gif

An area where fans who want to sing can congretate.

stu, I know it would be safe at grounds like Ewood, where there isnt a demand for tickets and there is space to develop such a stand.

It wouldnt work however at grounds where there is a high demand for tickets eg Man U. who are building up to the clouds. Which to me is a greater danger should emergency evacuation be required, and panic pushing occurs.

Heck Ive needed oxygen when Ive climbed to the top of some of these stands, where the gangways are so steep it puts the wind up you with the thought if someone pushed during exiting the ground.

In response to Bobby G. Its, not as daft as it sounds.

Remove the Riverside and form a low terraced standing area, for home fans.

Before anyone states the safety factor, / Taylor report. Im sure there are ways to make a standing area safe by

a. having limited capacity to the area

b. low graded / leveled terracing.....(Remember the olf Nuttall St enclosures.)

c. a spill out area......already in place at the front of the Riverside.

Imagine a terrace of say 5 risers 2 METRES WIDE, running the length of the Riverside, with corporate facilities at a higher level with open seating balconies. HOME FANS ONLY.  wink.gif

An area where fans who want to sing can congretate.

331003[/snapback]

And do you think demand will "increase" by doing that?

We are not talking relatively here, but in reality!

331007[/snapback]

I dont know, but every avenue is worth considering.

Just brain storming....others may want to elaborate or rubbish my thoughts.

Asuming you closed the Riverside to seating.......where are those fans gong to go.

There will be some who wont want to stand and will take up seating in other areas of the ground.

Assuming the standing area is 50% cheeeper than sitting there will be a demand leaving spaces to accomodate those moved out of the Riverside. But there will be less available seating thus creating a demand. Those who have been a match by match casual attendee will have to think seriously about a season ticket to ensure access for the bigger games.

The media centre could also go into the Riverside with cameras pointing towards the JW.

The frequently mooted suggestion that we demolish the Riverside to increase demand is the most ludicrous I've ever heard and frightens me senseless.

Yes we would sell out the other areas of the ground quicker but all we would be doing would be capping our maximum potential capacity at around the 25-26,000 mark and missing out on the extra revenue from the big games.

And we would be ensuring in future that no more than 18-19,000 Rovers fans could gain access to Ewood thereby killing off demand IMO as people couldn't get tickets.

The Riverside is a problem though, it will have to be replaced at some point and do we want to be the only club in the League playing to three sides?

I thnink the current capacity is about right, something aesthetically pleasing on the eye with a similar or slightly increased capacity to the current Riverside would be the ideal solution in an ideal money no object world.

As regards numbers of season tickets sold there seems to be some considerable under exageration.

Last year's ST figure was 14,000 not 12,000.

The only official word from the Club has been that sales were COMPARABLE TO THE SAME STAGE LAST YEAR.

Pre Bellamy or indication of anyone decent coming in that would have been quite encouraging IMO.

Den, I don't think the club can do any more on prices overall, but it is quite apparent that JW upper central is rather expensive in comparison with other parts of the ground.

For that part of the ground to be more attractive it either needs reducing in price or the rest of the ground would have to be closer in price.

Actually hypothetically I'd rather pay 1000 quid for my season ticket and watch Duff if you see what I mean but I doubt this is a widely held view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.