BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

Right that's us signed up for another season......the online thing is a dream once you suss out the credit card problem. It seems the form doesn't like spaces between initials and surname so J P SMITH needs to be JPSMITH smile.gif

Anyone know if we decide to move stands if we can still do it, even though I've just paid up for the FS?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right that's us signed up for another season......the online thing is a dream once you suss out the credit card problem. It seems the form doesn't like spaces between initials and surname so  J P SMITH needs to be JPSMITH  smile.gif 

Anyone know if we decide to move stands if we can still do it, even though I've just paid up for the FS?

326828[/snapback]

I beleive so Paul,

Friend of ours changed seats last season about a week before the start of the season. But that was within the same stand.

Thats kind of positive considering the lack of incoming player(s).

Lets say if Rovers can pull off a signing there may just be a positive push for a further couple of thousand wavering supporters taking the plunge.

Basing on what the article refers to in the LET, Hughes has his sight on a top 10 finish. This indicates that he is happy with his lot apart from the striking options and the bringing in of a midfieler and a defender.

The club have to give him the help he needs.

If we make 9th Place then that alone will bring in an extra 3 million pounds of prizemoney, it virtually pays off any potential extra outlay.

Come on Rovers McCarthy is the man tinykit.gif

Renewed this morning without a problem. Looking forward to more goals and home wins next season!

Never had a real problem with the ticket office but the bloke in front of me had a bit of a dolt serving him. From what I gathered, he was sorting one out for his son and he gave the exact seat that he wanted to sit in.

MAN: And I want to sit next to him.

DOLT: So where do you want to sit?

MAN: Well either side of him would be logical.

Jesus wept.

After looking at Dortmund's web site last night, I've just been on that of Schalke 04. One of the best stadia in the world, yet again the Germans have come up trumps in so far as the bulk of the ground is seated (53,000) but there is also a massive standing terrace behind one goal that can house another 24,000.

To watch top flight German football on this standing terrace an adult has to pay 9 Euros per home game - that's £6.45 to me and you.

If only we could get rid of the Blackburn End Lower, turn it into a standing terrace of say 10,000 and charge somewhere between £10 and £15. That would solve our crowd problems.

Well I did my bit by getting a season ticket last week. Birthday present from the little lady. Very pleased!

Has anyone else noted that Thursday is 'late opening' at the ticket office? Now in any other walk of life a 'late opening' day is one where the place stays open later, right? So that people who work can get there out of work hours, right? That's poor logic as far as BRFC are concerned. A 'late opening' day means...that they open later... at 9.30 am instead on 9.00am!

Genius! LOL!

I have a vision of the Riverside.

Redeveloped, with a standing area; a disabled area with an adjacent room/suite which can be used during matchdays and as a meeting/day centre for them otherwise; possibly a children's/family area with rooms and a meeting place for BRISA.

why the Blackburn End Lower ?

why not rid the darwen End lower of seating and leave the away fans upstairs ?

The Blackburn End is a significant part of BRFC

326920[/snapback]

Partly palying devils advocate to a degree as I'ev not thought this through fully...

I see what you're saying, but you are more likely to fill the B'burn end lower and have people who are currently in there who don't want to stand can move to other areas ofthe ground.

Maybe it's precisely because the B'burn end is a significant part of BRFC that it should be the standing area. I'd love to see the it packed with standing fans.

JMO.

I have a vision of the Riverside.

Redeveloped, with a standing area; a disabled area with an adjacent room/suite which can be used during matchdays and as a meeting/day centre for them otherwise; possibly a children's/family area with rooms and a meeting place for BRISA.

326922[/snapback]

Yeh, did anybody see that little snip-it on ssp news about the new German stadiums. Park of the stadium was a modern seating /standing area. You can lift your seat up and create a terrace position, or have the seat down, During the world cup, all that area would have to be seating, but during league games the home ger team can have standing. You can fit more in than if it is turned into the seating opiton. As RM, says why not to this to the riverside and be the english guinee pig for reintroducing safe, standing in eng!

As RM, says why not to this to the riverside and be the english guinee pig for reintroducing safe, standing in eng!

326925[/snapback]

It has just occurred to me the the Riverside does have a ready made spill out area in front of the stand for safety etc. Hmm, not a bad idea.

why the Blackburn End Lower ?

why not rid the darwen End lower of seating and leave the away fans upstairs ?

The Blackburn End is a significant part of BRFC

326920[/snapback]

Whatever. It was the principle of the thing I was trying to get across.

However I'd still choose the Blackburn End first and then the Riverside. The Blackburn End is significant - for 103 years it was a standing terrace.

If only we could get rid of the Blackburn End Lower, turn it into a standing terrace of say 10,000 and charge somewhere between £10 and £15. That would solve our crowd problems.

326912[/snapback]

I see where you are coming from but you need to think things through properly. Isn't the whole idea to increase revenue? Sure a couple of thousand (at best imo) may be added to the attendance but the main effect of your idea would be to entice thousands of current st holders to pay half as much as they do now. The nett result could only be a big drop in income for the club.

John Williams said recently that sales at this stage were on a par with last season. However Thenodrog has a "source at the club" who seems to think that sales are well down.

Who to believe, Theno or John Williams? It's a toughy.

John Williams said recently that sales at this stage were on a par with last season.  However Thenodrog has a "source at the club" who seems to think that sales are well down.

Who to believe, Theno or John Williams?  It's a toughy.

328155[/snapback]

Yeah right Scotty. But maybe your dumbass attitude is why some people are questioning your suitability for a role (other than making the tea that is) in this ISA initiative. dry.gif I may indeed be wrong and if I am then nobody will be happier than me I can assure you but what reason would I have for fabricating false stories compared to JW whose only option at this stage if my version is indeed accurate is to try to exude confidence?

For your own good I suggest that you need to think things through more slowly.

Anyway time will tell.

Yeah right Scotty.  But maybe your dumbass attitude is why some people are questioning your suitability for a role (other than making the tea that is) in this ISA initiative. dry.gif    I may indeed be wrong and if I am then nobody will be happier than me I can assure you but what reason would I have for fabricating false stories compared to JW whose only option at this stage if my version is indeed accurate is to try to exude confidence? 

For your own good I suggest that you need to think things through more slowly.

Anyway time will tell.

328158[/snapback]

Come and join us on the ISA Theno and we'll see who's suitable and who isn't. Except you won't will you? Because you just like to criticise and cause division whilst hiding behind the internet rather than get up off your arse and help. It's the easy option after all.

Edited by Scotty

Chaps Chaps

It has to be agreed there is the possibility that what TND has been rumoured could be the actual and the statement from JW is just fabrication - but does anybody know what S/T sales where like last season at this stage - from memory they where poor so just because JW has said they are the same at this stage doesn't meant they are good.

However, if this MB is a fair reflection of Rovers fans across the board -the votes thus far would suggest encouraging results in terms of renewals.

However, I suspect sales will be down and the renewals in so far are mainly from the hardcore of say 8k and we will not see any significant increase from herein listnening to comments from other Rovers fans.

I have renewed mine despite my comments previously, at the moment though I am considering WHY and could well be tempted to cancel.

I see where you are coming from but you need to think things through properly.  Isn't the whole idea to increase revenue?

328145[/snapback]

Not entirely but it is a key aim. We need to get to a situation where local kids and teenagers leaving school will readily go down to Ewood like they used to a decade ago. Folk are staying away in droves and they need to be enticed back. One way of doing that is to make a match at Ewood cheaper and also with an increased atmosphere which would happen with a standing terrace.

Ok, there would be a blip in income to start with but as a percentage, against total turnover, this would be relatively small. The aim of the club would be to get the seated customers up to around say 17k (similar to present levels) and those standing to anywhere up to a max of 10k. Over time income levels would increase, crowds would increase and the atmosphere would improve immensely.

So perhaps it was you who hadn't thought it through properly you clever ****

I'll give you a clue - it could rhyme with banker, cat or punt. You choose.

So perhaps it was you who hadn't thought it through properly you clever ****

I'll give you a clue - it could rhyme with banker, cat or punt. You choose.

328250[/snapback]

Why are you being so rude? This is all I said......."I see where you are coming from but you need to think things through properly. Isn't the whole idea to increase revenue? Sure a couple of thousand (at best imo) may be added to the attendance but the main effect of your idea would be to entice thousands of current st holders to pay half as much as they do now. The nett result could only be a big drop in income for the club."

Just a pity that you are not as good at mental arithmatic as you are at making words rhyme with rude ones.

btw Is your bravado based on the possibility of a collective ganging up on me with the myopic John who doesn't appear able to read and the other idiot?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.