BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

if I could buy in advance tickets for all the games south of Birmingham I would be in there like a shot and the club would have a much better idea of it's forward revenue.

322310[/snapback]

It would be zero profit for away games.....

322346[/snapback]

Does the club not get any cut on away matches? If so I'll start buying more shirts...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I could buy in advance tickets for all the games south of Birmingham I would be in there like a shot and the club would have a much better idea of it's forward revenue.

322310[/snapback]

It would be zero profit for away games.....

322346[/snapback]

Does the club not get any cut on away matches? If so I'll start buying more shirts...

322355[/snapback]

No, we dont get a cut but the club has to pay for any seats the fans dont take. Pre buying a way tickets through a away season ticket though, helps the club know what allocation to take and therefore not waste money!

I expect your wages have gone up in that period too mate.

322337[/snapback]

I'm on about the average wage...........players wages up by only 35% since 92?? i wish it's more like 3000% even for the average joes we have in our squad

They can send application packs to people living on Pluto but it still won't change the fact that football ticketing is 70% higher than it should be.

£4.50 in 92

£30 in 2005

increase of 666%

while the average wage of fans has increased by 35% in the same period.

322319[/snapback]

I expect your wages have gone up in that period too mate.

322337[/snapback]

Yep, they probably have greggyk, but I'd bet around 35 - 100%. Meanwhile, players wages have increased somewhere near that 666%. There's a moral in there somewhere.

EDIT - and in the time I was getting all those quotes together, BAWA said it a lot more succinctly!

Edited by Neil Weaver

Improving attendances is definately a priority...

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor..._513559,00.html

Whats everyones opinion on the position of the family stand? Obviously, if we could fill the stadium and have had the riverside redeveloped, that would have been the perfect place for a family stand, but there is just something about using the top tier of the Blackburn End for it..?

I asked for tickets to the Man City game and despite booking well in advance, only had three options for the Blackburn End.

The LET: We need more fans, is weighing in on the attendance issue. According to our board, we are running at 75% of turnover to wages, a figure we cannot sustain indefinitely. They need more fans, we need better players; for now they are going with the supporters and risking it.

Does the Football League limit clubs to 60%?

I've not posted for a while, is this format to stay?

We are second only to Chelsea, that is scray but to be honest if i was the board then id do exactly the same. We cant afford to tighten the wage budget further, we need better players not worse.

As for improving season ticket sales then they should offer a new introductury price for new season ticket holders. Give them say 15% off.

We could also do a similar thing to holiday companies.

If a group of you buy say 8 tickets, 1 goes free.

Main key is the Asian public, but i wont keep going on about that

I've stuck up for him many times but in that article John Williams is taking the p1ss. The board cam up with the most unimaginative package ever and he complains about a lack of fans. In any line of business when you are struggling financially the worst thing you can do is try to cope by putting prices up. It ignores the real problems and only ends up causing more.

Why could we not look to clubs that are increasing their attendances and see what they are doing. If JW has run out of ideas then maybe he should pack it in and let someone else have a go.

• Backroom
If JW has run out of ideas then maybe he should pack it in and let someone else have a go.

322412[/snapback]

This isn't JW on his own! this is a board thing... if you think JW should go, are you saying the whole board should go?? grow up muppett !

Grow up muppet? If that is the sole contribution you can make then I suggest it's you that needs to grow up. John Williams is the Chief Exec and is ultimately responsible. That is what business is all about. Do you know how much JW is on? Or are you happy just to blindly hand money over and not be concerned at how it is being used?

• Backroom

JW might be Chief Executive.. but he doesn't make decisions on his own !

You are slagging off the 'mouth-piece' for what the rest of the board are condoning.

Mouth-piece? He is a very highly paid mouth-piece. He is a Chief Exec and as such is responsible for the running of Blackburn Rovers as a business. He gets paid handsomely for what is a lot of responsibility. That also makes him accountable for the state of the club and it's decisions.

You show me any other business that would have poor performance and the Chief Exec would be exempt from criticism.

You are slagging off the 'mouth-piece' for what the rest of the board are condoning.

322438[/snapback]

I sincerely hope he does make decisions on his own. For £300k a year.

Why don't all you moneybags out there who think it's a bargain buy two season tickets and give one away to a mate or someone? Or even chuck it in the bin.

After all, the issue at the moment seems to be money in the coffers, not bums on seats.

Without doubt, if the season tickets were half the price, Rovers would probably sell twice as many. And if you ask me, a full stadium is better than a half empty one regardless of how much dosh the club (players) are raking in.

322438[/snapback]

322489[/snapback]

Surely the whole point of having a board is so one person can't make stupid choices! The board give there view and JW enacts it. JW is the guy responsible but the board are the ones with the power!

I've always maintained that it is ludicrous to pay $300k to a supposed Chief Executive of a business where 80% of the income is entirely outside of his control (Sky handout) and 90% of the ougoings are tied up on long term contracts to employees in who he has no say in if they stay or go.

And anyway, gate receipts are a relatively small part of our income; what was it last year, about 6 million from memory, and that's in total - from 20 odd thousand fans. What counts is the money from the league placing and if we are budgeting for 8th but finishing 15th, then, if he really is a CEO, IT'S HIS FAULT. We under-performed against the salary bill because we had a manager who lost the plot, and Williams didn't sack him.

How dare he blame the public of Blackburn????

The business graveyard is littered with the corpses of real CEO's who blamed their customers for not buying what was a sub-standard and over-priced product.

• Backroom

322438[/snapback]

322489[/snapback]

Surely the whole point of having a board is so one person can't make stupid choices! The board give there view and JW enacts it. JW is the guy responsible but the board are the ones with the power!

322503[/snapback]

You are quoting me out of context Modes... I posted that in response to Manchester Blue who apparently DOES think JW is responsible.

There are a number of topics currently on the message board, which directly and indirectly are associated with season ticket sales. Reading through all the various topics the underlying opinions dont anwser the question associated with this topic. which is 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales, what can we do to help? more so, in my opinion, they tend to dissuade people from buying season tickets.

With just 2 weeks to go before I need to renew my season ticket, to ensure I get the same seat, I am getting more and more uncertain as to whether I want to renew.

I must admit I was in two minds about renewing last season, after the dismal performances under Souness, but I got optimistic and thought it would be better, but has it. Whilst Mark Hughes has done a good job in ensuring Premiership survival and his recent comments are more inviting than those of Souness, with his annual comment of "our main aim is premiership survival" once again, apathy has set it, regarding renewing my season ticket.

A glance through the message board reading various quotes, might explain the reasons for that apathy.

The players wages are obscene at almost 80% of total revenue

For the standard of play seen from many PL teams the players are, to be blunt, taking the p!ss

I haven't been on here for a while, because football is beginning to bore me, with the general state of the game at the moment.

However, this is the second post I've read tonight and again I couldn't agree more with what is being said. The players have it FAR to easy and are just having a laugh at our expense...something has to give.

It is a sad state of affairs that the response to this report by Rovers has been to suggest that revenue needs to increase, rather than players wages to be lowered.

The business graveyard is littered with the corpses of real CEO's who blamed their customers for not buying what was a sub-standard and over-priced product.

Personally I believe its the last quote of buying sub-standard product says it all in respect of the apaphy, where has the entertainment factor gone, what happened to the fighting spirit. As soon as we were safe from relegation the team just sat back, with no thought for the fans who had paid good money to watch a game.

Last season we had 11 games that kicked off at home at 3pm on a Saturday, the remainder being rescheduled to accomodate tv at either 12.45, 17.45, or Sunday or midweek.

Financially it has to be more inviting to buy tickets for the odd 3pm Saturday match and watch the rest on tv at home or in the pub and thus avoiding the travelling costs. OK you cant beat the experience of being at the ground, but each season that enjoyment is curtailed by the lack of atmosphere.

Now if Im feeling that way after x number of years attending Ewood, how on earth can we expect the floating supporter to get a season ticket.

Someone convince me.

Buy a season ticket or ill move in next door to you wink.gif

Im not going to get a ST this time, HOWEVER my mate who I travel to the games with is back from the sunny sandy place and therefore its now a lot more likely that I'll travel up to the games - we'll see about a Half Season ticket if I go to enough games.

Edit - On a further note - the fact that interest rates have risen means that my mortgage has gone up (still cheap) and fuel prices has gone up which means that its difficult for me to afford the travel and ticket for Rovers now, less disposable income means less footer sad.gif

On the other hand I get a pay rise this month (fingers cross) we shall see whether thats enough to pay for the footer and not a new cream egg

Good post Alan. I'm sure I could sit around for a while and think up some more reasons for not getting a season ticket as well. It wouldn't be too hard.

But then again - this is what I do every other week - have a few beers, go to Ewood and watch the Rovers. Done this since 1981 (well not the beer thing - it's hard to get served when you're 11). There have been worse times than this and there have been better times, ultimately we're still in the Premier League and Hughes wants to make us more fun to watch. I'll believe him - although I notice that it's now June 10th and he still hasn't finalised his first team squad before next season starts - and there's only two months now before the first game. wink.gif

Wages, kick off times, "it's on in the pub", Emerton, the ledge, prices. It's all there if you want it - every excuse going - they've all been listed here before or down the pub or at work.

Still, I can think of no other place I'd rather be than Ewood on match day. I can't imagine what else I'd be doing to be honest. Nip to B&Q perhaps? Have a walk around our lovely town centre? Paint that ###### fence in the back garden? Listen to the match on the radio perhaps? laugh.gifsad.gif

Blackburn Rovers Football Club is still the best think about Blackburn the town by a country mile. If you're still undecided Alan then try avoiding this messageboard for a couple of weeks, it really is a depressing place at times.

Oh and there's another thing - the more season tickets we sell the more money for the club and the more chance of buying that striker(s) we all want. Funny how no one mentions that chicken and the egg scenario.

(Flopsy - what's Tom been up to in Blackpool?)

Good post Alan. I'm sure I could sit around for a while and think up some more reasons for not getting a season ticket as well. It wouldn't be too hard.

But then again - this is what I do every other week - have a few beers, go to Ewood and watch the Rovers. Done this since 1981 (well not the beer thing - it's hard to get served when you're 11). There have been worse times than this and there have been better times, ultimately we're still in the Premier League and Hughes wants to make us more fun to watch. I'll believe him - although I notice that it's now June 10th and he still hasn't finalised his first team squad before next season starts - and there's only two months now before the first game.  wink.gif

Wages, kick off times, "it's on in the pub", Emerton, the ledge, prices. It's all there if you want it - every excuse going - they've all been listed here before or down the pub or at work.

Still, I can think of no other place I'd rather be than Ewood on match day. I can't imagine what else I'd be doing to be honest. Nip to B&Q perhaps? Have a walk around our lovely town centre? Paint that ###### fence in the back garden? Listen to the match on the radio perhaps?  laugh.gif  sad.gif

Blackburn Rovers Football Club is still the best think about Blackburn the town by a country mile. If you're still undecided Alan then try avoiding this messageboard for a couple of weeks, it really is a depressing place at times.

Oh and there's another thing - the more season tickets we sell the more money for the club and the more chance of buying that striker(s) we all want. Funny how no one mentions that chicken and the egg scenario.

(Flopsy - what's Tom been up to in Blackpool?)

322559[/snapback]

Yes and no re your more funds/st ratio Bob F - as EIT has said previously - its relatively small play as part of income nowadays - problem is that we are paying big bucks to average players (lesser product) which is what annoys - maybe not our fault but the state of Football at the moment.

I go on holiday tomorrow and am still undecided yet what to do about my S/T - but MB has hit it on the head when he says the club haven't really done anything to entice the floating fan to buy (regardless of price) never mind the exisiting S/T holders.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.