BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 7% down on this stage last season.

Unfortunately I expect to see a few more sub 20,000 gates but that wont improve until performances do at home,Rovers are probably the cheapest season ticket in the Prem but,to put it quite bluntly,people will not pay good money for bad rubbish in this area...thats the way it is I'm afraid.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Exactly.

If Hughes can really kick start the season off well, by good performances and results, then who knows, people may start to come back.

Like you said, prices are good for premiership football, but over the last year, the prices haven't been worth Championship football.

Its actually not that bad. Those figures must have been taken last week-maybe before we signed Bellamy.

And it's actually pretty good news if they are saying its the overall numbers(meaning we sold only 10,000 last season) because when is the last day to claim, 23rd July?

I believe we sold 14,000 STs last season.

Just doing the arithmetic from what has been said, we've sold 10,000 so far and at the same time last year we'd sold 10,700.

Like everyone else, I wonder if the signing of Bellamy and another top linbe striker is going to trigger a rush of excitement and up the ST sales numbers.

IF we get Bellars and McCarthy, that is going to be so exciting a prospect that surely advance sales will accelerate.

I think the figures are quite positive-it had sounded that they could have been a lot lower. I also think it's a brilliant opportunity for the club to go out and sell itself to those fans who have not renewed-" yes we appreciate the disappointments of the last three seasons, but isn't it worth giving us another go now we're playing our part by bringing in quality players" or something along silmilar lines.

West Ham's computer systems have crashed such is the demand for tickets for the Rovers match.

The club expect the game to be a sellout.

331534[/snapback]

Fantastic! So what does that have to do with Blackburn rovers..............?

With the away section being sold out, don't even try to buy tickets in the home end?

A place of prominence but useless to boot ph34r.gif

what i cannot get my head round our poorest gate in the 1st division was in the high 15k,during the kidd reign.

now we are in the top league,it looks like we are going to struggle to sell 12k season tickets.

ok we have had 2 poor season's in terms off home results,but surely the opposition on show overcome this.

from the pre jack days,our hard core fanbase was 7k this swelled to 20k at the height off our sucsess,i was paying over £300 for a season ticket then.now i pay £250 and these areas are not oversubscribed so the price is not a excuse.

the club cannot do anymore,it's up to joe public.

yes waggy I agree.

People just dont want to thrash out £300-£500 in one go, nor do they want to have the aggravation of filling out a form for a direct debit payment, nor do they want to provide a credit card for payment and god forbid anyone who wnats to walk to go to the ground and pay cash blink.gif

Just doing the arithmetic from what has been said, we've sold 10,000 so far and at the same time last year we'd sold 10,700.

331484[/snapback]

Actually, Mr. Accountant, 10,753.

John Williams said recently that sales at this stage were on a par with last season.  However Thenodrog has a "source at the club" who seems to think that sales are well down.

Who to believe, Theno or John Williams?  It's a toughy.

328155[/snapback]

Well its not all that tough is it Scotty? 2 weeks after I posted that we had only sold about 7000 this appeared in the paper "Rovers have sold 10,000 tickets to press according to the LET tonight" 3000 Season ticket sales in those two weeks probably proves me being accurate yet again. So in accepting that why were you trying to pour scorn on John Williams? You were being a bit unfair cos the poor chap was obviously in no position to tell the truth and be the bearer of bad news in public was he? huh.gif

btw Mods / Admin why are there about 3 days postings on this thread missing?

So that's the exciting '+ more' incentive that was emblazoned on the renewals  ph34r.gif

334050[/snapback]

Stop your moaning, I bet you cant name me another premierleague club that give away free keyrings and mousemats with their season tickets wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.