BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrier pigeon, CARRIER PIGEON, when will they ever learn havent they heard of tinternet and email.

Well if it doesnt arrive tomorrow morning, Im doing a sit down protest in the Blackburn End from 3pm till 5pm tomorrow.

Im doing a sit down protest in the Blackburn End from 3pm till 5pm tomorrow.

336873[/snapback]

Youd better not sit down in front of me Alan.

Im fed up of all these people who insist on sitting down and blocking my view.

Sorry to hear it's not turned up yet Alan. It's a testing time for a lot of people who have yet to receive their season ticket.

Can I just point out that it's even better than last years? It's something to behold and no mistake. I'm still going with the Jewson Lego blocks theory though - Kayos sits behind me and his turned up today as well. I'm willing to bet one English pound with you that your ticket turns up tomorrow Alan.

I've watched that Betamax thing today, I don't quite recall us doing that well last year. According to the footage we didn't concede a single goal?! Propaganda, that's what it is, propaganda for those already convinced.

Woow, got a poster to cover the hole in the lounge wall, a table place mat for the Mrs , a metal beer mat with a drainage hole in the middle and a smellie mini frizby on a string in the post this morning. But no betamax thingy.

Oh and my Deano card.

ps Bob Fleming.......it came in an envelope not a block

pps.. Amazing that you have to threaten a sit down protest to get things moving.

Right Im off to see if the beer mat works.

Well my fathers one has arrived.  smile.gif

Mine hasn't.  sad.gif

Even he cracked the joke as to how long the DVD will last and he's 65!

336956[/snapback]

still havent received mine, called the ticket office today and they are going to issue a replacement.

The official site has a figure of 11,200 season tickets sold or 2,000 down on this time last year. I guess its going to be important the Rovers get off to a good start in the Prem to raise interest levels.

English season ticket prices are the highest in Europe according to this report. The FA Premiership response to Lib Dem Don Foster's point about normal market forces not working is a classic piece of not answering the question put.

It seems ordinary rules of supply and demand only work at Ewood sad.gif

I notice Newcastle have failed to sell all their season tickets, according to BBC Radio 5, for the first time in the Premiership.

338356[/snapback]

Thats a mighty big nail in someone we know's coffin. rover.gif

Honestly though just how badly has that club been run over the decades? Year in year out has seen succesive power struggles and boardroom incompetency ensure that any ambitions on the park come to nowt. Shame eh? laugh.gif

Mine never arrived either. Just had to ring to organise a replacement.

**** poor really.

EDIT: It gets worse. The ticket office have just rung back. The ticket hadn't been sent out because they hadn't had proof from Premium Credit that the first direct debit payments had been received. I received a letter from Premium Credit confirming the payments over a month ago but apparently sight of that letter isn't good enough for our wonderful ticket office, they won't release the ticket until they've had confirmation from Premium Credit directly. sad.gif

The words "organise" "brewery" "Couldn't" and "knees up" spring to mind. mad.gif

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Should we be looking higher or lower than that figure then Lee?

The matchday walk-ons are now so important to Rovers if we have only sold around 11,000 season tickets.Like many have stated its now imperative that matters take a turn for the better on the field of play to make sure these 7-8,000 people turn up every other week or attendances could clearly take a dramatic turn for the worse.

Its make or break this season folks.

Mine never arrived either. Just had to ring to organise a replacement.

**** poor really.

EDIT: It gets worse. The ticket office have just rung back. The ticket hadn't been sent out because they hadn't had proof from Premium Credit that the first direct debit payments had been received. I received a letter from Premium Credit confirming the payments over a month ago but apparently sight of that letter isn't good enough for our wonderful ticket office, they won't release the ticket until they've had confirmation from Premium Credit directly.  sad.gif

The words "organise" "brewery" "Couldn't" and "knees up" spring to mind.  mad.gif

338380[/snapback]

I went down to the T.O one week ago , booked by direct debit , and received the tickets in five days . No money has been taken out of my account yet . Obviously they had been waiting for me .... smile.gif

Or alternatively the Rev is on a blacklist ... ph34r.gif

I've received one out of three season tickets and the season starts today.

I phoned the ticket office and they assured me they had been posted last week.

Light fingered thieving basket postal workers.

I will receive replacements next week, unless some light fingered thieving basket postal worker nicks them.

This is the second time my seaon tickets have gone awol.

Light fingered thieving basket postal workers. mad.gif

The official site has a figure of 11,200 season tickets sold or 2,000 down on this time last year.

338349[/snapback]

According to John Williams in todays LET we are 1,000 down on last season. 700 adults and 300 juniors. But he says the ticket office are still receiving applications every day. A good result this afternoon will help.

Yeah, just read the article.

Around 1000 down actually means OVER 1000 down.

I actually find this both bad and sad news and we now have the lowest ST sales in the Premiership including Wigan Pathetic and behind local rivals such as Preston. sad.gif

The article says the figure is made up of approximately 700 adults and 300 children. We need to look at this in the context of season upon season of reducing ST holders and an equivalent reduction in the home gate. sad.gif

The only answer appears to lie on the pitch...the comment I constantly hear is "why go and spend good money watching this crap". sad.gif

Edited by preston blue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.