BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

That these lapsed ST holders attended the Parkes game suggests fans are happy to support those who demonstrate loyalty and committment to the club week in, week out...............said it before, I'll not bother to say it again but a part of the solution to declining gates is clear.

328960[/snapback]

But Ewood was hardly packed to the gills on TP's testimionial night was it Paul?

The malaise now we are struggling to even attain top half status is that the novelty of being in footballs top drawer is wearing off. Also despite official figures we all know that inflation is exceeding the growth in salaries in the Blackburn area. A lot of people are hard-up and having to priorotise and of those that can afford it the less committed ones are beginning to drop off. As I've said before for those of us that remember those days this is the mid sixties all over again. I rem allsorts of appeals in the LET etc for the fans not to desert Ewood but they may have well left the trees standing in the forest for all the good it did.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't renewed my seat yet, definitely will before the start of the season but to be frank I couldn't possibly be feeling less enthusiastic about the forthcoming season at the moment.

We've raked in around 7m quid from the departures of Ferguson, Stead and Beattie and there's absolutely no indication at the moment we're going to be doing anything other than starting with a forward line of Kuqi, Dickov and possibly Cole.

About 106 years and 150,000 quid between them.

If season ticket sales are holding up well then that's a remarkable show of loyalty from the fans in the circumstances.

The Club really do need to do something to fire people's imaginations a little.

The simple truth is that football sold its soul to Sky in the last decade and now we are collectively paying the price. I wonder if any top flight fans are optimistic except the Kings Road brigade and the virgins from the 2nd division (sic).

tinykit.gifcool.gif

What annoys me is little brainwashed sado's who wander round in Man U and probably soon Chelsea shirts without the chance of ever going to a game. Parents of these get a grip you should be encouraging them to support their local club. We are now well managed and have managed to pull off a transfer coup. I have working on a Liverpool supporting kid who is now buying a Rovers season ticket(which are cheaper than nearby championship kids prices) and coming to matches with us complete with Rovers shirt. We should all be actively recruiting new supporters. Onwards and upwards.

When you are feeling low is the time to be a real supporter.

Don't moan stick in there(especially RB). Can you just

imagine what it was like at the bottom of the 3rd in the

early 70s? Were we mugs or fans?

That's why in Summer 95 we had a Rovers party all the

way thru the Summer(not the same house)

Signing Bellamy gives the OOOMMMPPPHHH.

When you are feeling low is the time to be a real supporter.

Don't moan stick in there(especially RB). Can you just

imagine what it was like at the bottom of the 3rd in the

early 70s? Were we mugs or fans?

Signing Bellamy gives the OOOMMMPPPHHH.

330432[/snapback]

I was there when we were bottom of the 3rd in the early 70's!

If we start the season 40% down on last years final figure of 12000, then that will give us 7200 season ticket holders at the start of the season.

That could give us gates of around 13000.

I suspect that the next 3/4 weeks will see a few more sales, to take those figures up a little. [but only a little].

I don't know where 40% comes from - and can only hope it isn't true. But wasn't it only about a week or so ago that JW was saying season ticket sales were on a par with last season (at the same point). There must have been a drastic reduction in take up since that announcement.

If we start the season 40% down on last years final figure of 12000,  then that will give us 7200 season ticket holders at the start of the season

[but only a little].

330508[/snapback]

My local club SK Brann has sold more season tickets than that! It's really depressing reading about the lack of support from the general public in Blackburn.. sad.gif

Edited by krislu

I would be devastated if our gates drop by 5-6k on average.

It would be disastrous.

What else can the club do?

Reduce prices?

Where are all the fans going? I understand we have been rubbish the past two seasons, but are our fans really this "faithful" and commited?

Edited by Bobby G

Where are all the fans going? I understand we have been rubbish the past two seasons, but are our fans really this "faithful" and commited?

Thats the big question Bobby and its very,very worrying. Bolton are talking about having to introduce a season ticket 'waiting list' while we appear to be losing them by the 1,000s yet again.....Blackburn Rovers simply cannot continue this trend for much longer at this level sad.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I dont think for one minute Rovers would have splashed that much money on Bellamy if the season ticket sales were at 7k. There is no way the club could afford to lavish such an amount in the knowledge that 7-8k season ticket holders have not renewed.

I dont accept that only 7k tickets have been sold at this present time. I would estimate it is probably something more like 10k.

What else can the club do?

330562[/snapback]

Not much apart from giving us some real good days down at Ewood and continue with the positive approach to the fans and importantly - to the players.

All the negativity of the past few seasons must have had an effect on them and their performances on the pitch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.