BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

In my opinion...........

Another great performance last night v Man Ure was overshadowed by the obvious fact that Kuqi once again showed he is not good enough to play premiership football at the top level.

OK, he has scored goals and played well against the some of the lower teams and I would never ever doubt his commitment and passion and yes, he did setup the goal with his backward header.....

BUT, for a big guy, he was second best to Ferdinand all night and his touch, crosses and shooting were not good enough. You could clearly see the frustration on Bellamy's face time after time and it will not be long before he loses patience with Kuqi on the pitch.

I still think that Bellamy needs someone big, strong and with an aerial presence beside him to compliment his pace and agility....I just don't think that someone is Kuqi

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think that Bellamy needs someone big, strong and with an aerial presence beside him to compliment his pace and agility....I just don't think that someone is Kuqi

373730[/snapback]

Indeed. Ideally Dickov's place in the squad would be as a replacement for a suspended / unfit Bellamy whilst Kuqi should be the same for A. N. Other. Maybe if we can off load one or two of our dead legs this Jan and free up some funds we can bring some one in. It would ceretainly make one hell of a bigger difference than messing about finding replacments for Tugay or Brad as some (right) members on here seem to prefer.

373730[/snapback]

Indeed. Ideally Dickov's place in the squad would be as a replacement for a suspended / unfit Bellamy whilst Kuqi should be the same for A. N. Other. Maybe if we can off load one or two of our dead legs this Jan and free up some funds we can bring some one in. It would ceretainly make one hell of a bigger difference than messing about finding replacments for Tugay or Brad as some (right) members on here seem to prefer.

In my opinion...........

Another great performance last night v Man Ure was overshadowed by the obvious fact that Kuqi once again showed he is not good enough to play premiership football at the top level.

OK, he has scored goals and played well against the some of the lower teams and I would never ever doubt his commitment and passion and yes, he did setup the goal with his backward header.....

BUT, for a big guy, he was second best to Ferdinand all night and his touch, crosses and shooting were not good enough. You could clearly see the frustration on Bellamy's face time after time and it will not be long before he loses patience with Kuqi on the pitch.

373730[/snapback]

What I can't understand is the fact that Kuqi is absolutely MASSIVE, yet he seems to have the strength of a six-year old David Bentley.

I love the KuqiMonster but he needs to sort his head out before Hughes sorts it out for him.

Kuqi won the flick on for the goal, lets not forget that. We probably don't have any other player that would've won that ball.

However, he was quite poor. I agree with TNR - Kuqi should be understudy to a better player of a similar type. I think we've got a decent 3rd or 4th striker in Kuqi, as he has shown with his goals this season. He was undoubtedly an upgrade from Stead and is a valuable member of the squad.

i have to say, Kuqi, maybe not all the time, but i think he's probably the worse player i've seen in a Blackburn shirt.

I don't hate him at all, i respect him for his effort and success in this career but my god how did he become a footballer, Belamy in not a different class, a different world to Kuqi

I thought Kuqi was pretty bad last night. He played worse against Portsmouth (one of the worst performances that I've ever seen) and yet he remains in the first team fold, simply because we don't have anyone else. He did well to set up Pedersen last night, but that's all he did. Bellamy was looked distraught at times last night and against Portsmouth, when he came on. He isn't good enough by any stretch of the imagination. He and Dickov will play up front against Newcastle, with Bellamy out. But I wonder who will be on the bench? No one springs to mind and this is why it is crucial that we get another striker now, so we can push on in the second half of the season.

It all depends on who Sparky can bring in, if we get a quality partner for Bellamy and if Gally comes back a better player, I wouldn't feel too bad about letting Dickov go, with his age in mind aswell. (he could probably play until he's 45 though, mentality and pain-in-the-a$$ism doesn't fade away with age)

However, having big-man Kuqi in our squad gives us a different dimension, so as long as he isn't in the starting XI week in - week out, he's more than welcome to stay if you ask me.

(getting a bit ahead of ourselves here btw, let's see if we're still in the Premier League next season before we decide on the matter? smile.gif )

i could live with Kuqi being a third/fouth striker on the bench mostly and coming, particularly against the poor teams, i'm still just so shocked at how bad his touch is, its amazing, and i'm sure when he goes for headers he closes his eyes, never know where the ball will go.

a guy with that touch has done extremely well for himself, he obviously makes up for poor quality in effort and determination

and i'm sure when he goes for headers he closes his eyes, never know where the ball will go.

374188[/snapback]

Some folks keep crediting him a flick on for our goal against the mancs, what they don't know is, he was going for goal himself tongue.gif

i have to say, Kuqi, maybe not all the time, but i think he's probably the worse player i've seen in a Blackburn shirt.

I don't hate him at all, i respect him for his effort and success in this career but my god how did he become a footballer, Belamy in not a different class, a different world to Kuqi

373944[/snapback]

There's only one F in shefki.

there's also only one F in "Friggin crap".

I can't believe the stick that Kuqi is getting on here,

From what I have seen there are certainly worse players in the Premiership & to lay claims of worst ever performance in a rovers shirt are just laughable

he adds another option to our attack that we probably haven't had since Jordi played, ok he may not be the best player in the world, but we can't afford the best players in the world.

Get real.

With the funds we had available Kuqi was/is the best player of his type that we could sign. I would pick him in my team any day over Dickov who is a self centred whinging whining little muppet that even annoys his own supporters with his petty badgering of the ref.

At least Kuqi plays for the team & gets on with the job...

OK if we had a big transfer kitty then I agree Kuqi would not be my first choice, but we have got to play with what we have got. Sparky obviously rates him, and given the direction that the team is heading then that is good enough for me.

I can't believe the stick that Kuqi is getting on here,

From what I have seen there are certainly worse players in the Premiership & to lay claims of worst ever performance in a rovers shirt are just laughable

he adds another option to our attack that we probably haven't had since Jordi played, ok he may not be the best player in the world, but we can't afford the best players in the world.

Get real.

With the funds we had available Kuqi was/is the best player of his type that we could sign. I would pick him in my team any day over Dickov who is a self centred whinging whining little muppet that even annoys his own supporters with his petty badgering of the ref.

At least Kuqi plays for the team & gets on with the job...

OK if we had a big transfer kitty then I agree Kuqi would not be my first choice, but we have got to play with what we have got. Sparky obviously rates him, and given the direction that the team is heading then that is good enough for me.

374401[/snapback]

Well I cannot believe the stick that you just gave to Dickov! Last years top scorer, this years top scorer too! What more do you want ffs? AS you say we cannot afford the best players in the world so to diss the guy who provides the lions share of our goals is pathetic. Especially whe he only cost £150,000 too! Do you ever pause to consider what you have written before posting Trooper?

btw I dont dislike Kuqi either. I see a place for Kuqi in our squad to! He is no way good enough to be 1st choice striker in a Prem team other than Sunderland maybe but he is one hell of a sub.

Edited by thenodrog

When you think about it Kuqi doesn't offer us anything different at all. You'd think that he'd be a good target man and would be able to hold the ball up. But he doesn't have a first touch to do this and the flick on for Pedersen's goal was one of the few times I have seen him use his size to his advantage.

The Boro defense wouldn't agree with you Roy. He terrorised them.

There is no way we would have been playing the Mancs last Wednesday were it not for Kuqi completely rattling the back line and giving their midfield a rough time of it as well in the first game at the Riverside.

He's also averaging a goal for every second first team start.

Yes, he's agricultural at times but in the Premiership, surely that's a difference?

Sorry but do not believe him to be an asset. He has no ball control and too often just gives the ball away because of his clumsiness. He also frustrates the hell out of Bellamy due to his lack of vision and total inability to play the return pass.

From what I have seen there are certainly worse players in the Premiership & to lay claims of worst ever performance in a rovers shirt are just laughable.

Please name these players before you make a very broad comment like that. I do like Kuqi but I accept the fact that he is one of the worst strikers in our division hence the FREE transfer and NO INTEREST in the player once he became available.

I'm sorry but that is laughable. Dickov is twice the player Kuqi is. Paul is intelligent, quick and technically gifted - at least in comparison to Shefki. Dickov annoys his own supporters? ######! He doesn't annoy me, or any others that sit near me, and by the sounds of it Thenodrog - maybe we should have a vote?

At the end of the day my view is this - we took a gamble on Kuqi The Friendly Giant at the expense of nothing. He's been pretty bad overall. He will do until we buy/loan a better striker - ideally some time early next week. unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.