SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Shefri is fast becoming a rovers cult hero in my eyes. Not for grace or flair, not really for formidable forward play or goalscoring, not for work rate, size, celebrations and talent either. I just like his song. And after scoring two today against Middlesbrough "Shefri Kuqi ,,,,, Shefri Kuqi"

Edited by EIEIEIO

God only knows what Schwarzer was thinking of by racing out for the first goal but full marks to Kuqi for the header. It was that powerful it might well have beaten Schwarzer if he had stayed on his line. Kuqi may not be everyone's cup of tea, he will never be a clinical finisher, and he's hardly footballing eye candy for the purist. But his effort, size and application will make him a handful for most centre halves and will provide openings and opportunities for his team mates.

As I predicted months ago he is proving a good aquisition and excellent value for money. All round a superb bit of business for Blackburn Rovers by MH in selling the feeble Stead for so much and getting 'Lionheart' Kuqi for so little. I judge players according to how I would like to play against them and to all Kuqi's detractors answer this.........

......Who would you rather mark Kuqi or Stead?

btw ........Regarding the game tomorrow I just hope that I am not tempting fate here! unsure.gif

I was one of the doubters, I have no problems admitting so.

Now I am very much a big fan of the Kuqi Monster, his effort is class, he may not be the most skilful on the ball, he may be somewhat slower thinking but there is no doubting his heading ability and his heart is clearly in BRFC.

Well done big fella, more on Wednesday

If theres one person every rovers fan want to score its Kuqi, a credit to Shefki, he is a player impossible not to like. Hes hoping to double figures for the kuqi monster at the end of the season. The way things are going Dickov and Kuqi could both up with double figures.

Does anyone know if kuqi has been injury prone in the past?

If theres one person every rovers fan want to score its Kuqi, a credit to Shefki, he is a player impossible not to like.  Hes hoping to double figures for the kuqi monster at the end of the season.  The way things are going Dickov and Kuqi could both up with double figures.

Does anyone know if kuqi has been injury prone in the past?

369159[/snapback]

I remember him having a spell out for Ipswich and scoring on his return, cant remember how long he was out. When we signed him i said give him a chance, then i saw a cracking goal against morecambe, then a good performance against Espanyol and i said hes a good addition. Now hes a definate starter for me.

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Whilst Dickov isnt blessed too, his touched is impeccable to compensate for his inabilties, however, Kuqis touch is awful and only seems to compensate for his inabilities with work and determination which although may please some, dosnt get you goals as Dickov showed last season - being our top scorer and Blackburn ending up bottom of the goals scored league.

342321[/snapback]

After watching the match at Boro on TV I feel that Kuqui's first touch has improved quite a lot since the early season efforts. Looks like the Rovers coaching setup is doing a fine job! Anyone else agree?

God only knows what Schwarzer was thinking of by racing out for the first goal but full marks to Kuqi for the header.  It was that powerful it might well have beaten Schwarzer if he had stayed on his line.  Kuqi may not be everyone's cup of tea, he will never be a clinical finisher, and he's hardly footballing eye candy for the purist.  But his effort, size and application will make him a handful for most centre halves and will provide openings and opportunities for his team mates. 

As I predicted months ago he is proving a good aquisition and excellent  value for money.  All round a superb bit of business for Blackburn Rovers by MH in selling the feeble Stead for so much and getting 'Lionheart' Kuqi for so little.  I judge players according to how I would like to play against them and to all Kuqi's detractors answer this.........

......Who would you rather mark Kuqi or Stead?

btw ........Regarding the game tomorrow I just hope that I am not tempting fate here!    unsure.gif

369155[/snapback]

I had an argument with liverpool fan at work about this. Who would I rather have

Crouch or

Kuqi and 7 mill in my @rse pocket biggrin.gif

Hmmm, difficult one

The thing i like about Kuqi is his single-minded determination to get to the ball first......there just ain't no way he is going to be brushed aside. the goal against west ham and the first against boro are great examples.....we haven't had that for a long time. He may not always show great touch but he sure as hell scares the life out of many of the defenders he faces. The panic he causes makes life easier for his teammates. He could turn out to be the perfect foil for bellamy.

Anyone who shows 100% commitment to the cause is OK in my book.

Shefki Kuqi has shown this since he joined BRFC, & has won the majority of fans over in the process.

Well done Shefki!! thumbs-up.gif You deserve all the credit you are getting!! thumbs-up.gif

....Long may it continue!! cool.gif

Kuqi works hard.

Dickov moans hard. recently he has worked harder but he is not a hard worker.

Bellamy is a class striker, not only for his ability to score but also the way he plays other people into the game. We still need another class striker if we are really to go places.

I have to say that I was definately one of the doubters when Kuqi arrived and I'm still not sure if he has the ability to score regularly in the Premiership. However, he works his arse, he holds the ball up, he ruffles the feathers of defenders and this leads to chances, some of which he has taken and ones that others players have. I would like to see him and Bellamy play and see how it works. I do still think that another striker in January would be good for team, someone like McCarthy or Alex Frei would do the job!

Nice headache for Hughes tonight.

Dickov & Kuqi both on form. Also the return of Bellamy is a nice boost.

Kuqi's got 6 this season now - Compared with Crouch? I agree id take the cash & Juqi anyday. The lad gives 100% all the time, and when he scores, his swallow dive just wraps it up nicely!

I hope Reid is given the chance in Tugs place.

rover.gif i think dickov and kuqi will start tonight,bellamy is miles better coming on when the defence has tired,and he took 2 very heavy challenges on saturday,as for kuqi i still have my reservations but he cost us nowt,and will be getting paid peanuts tinykit.gif

I really reall hope Reid doesn't play.

I'm hoping for a front two with Bentley behind them tonight. How many times do we have to see Reid before we realise he's completely crap?

369391[/snapback]

His a good sub, hard working but more of a holding midfielder. However we have too many of them.

Reid was really going places last season, but has disappointed so far this season. Hopefully he can get back on track. However I think Thommo might start in Tugays absence today.

As for the front two I'm not sure if Kuqi and Dickov or Kuqi and Bentley will start. I think Bellamy might start on the bench again.

I think Bellamy is a dead cert for the bench, and it is probably the best option.

It might be one of those games where we need some magic off the bench, especially with no Tugs in the team, so though I'd rather he started I think Hughes will do the sensible thing and keep him under wraps until needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.