BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

Good luck to the guy! :tu:

He never set the premiership on fire, but he scored some vital goals for the Rovers. :tu:

& i think i`m not alone in saying i`d rather have a 'tryer' (sp?) in the famous blue & white :brfc: than an overpaid prima donna along the lines of Dwight Yorke who didn`t look like they were fighting for the cause.

Good luck Shefki, hope you tear the championship apart, especially the inbreds at either end of the M65! :D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A London man in his 40's is today "recovering well' after being robbed of over £2,500,000 worth of assets at his London estate. The man who can only be named as 'The silver fox' is said to be traumatised' at events which apparently started at around 11.57 pm late last night. Police are appealing for witnesses and are keen to speak to two grey haired men seen running away from the scene of the crime with what appeared to be documents in their hands. There have been unconfirmed reports that a fourth man may have been involved-a Serbian giant who like 'the silver fox' is recovering after being apparently 'dumped' at the estate late last night. A fifth man-a mobile phone entrepreneur and business partner of 'the silver fox' is currently being questioned by the police in conjunction with the cold hearted crime.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Can't believe that it is a straight £2.5m - I am sure there will be a few clauses in there. Maybe even a large chunk depending on promotion to the Premiership.

However - all I can really say is good luck to Kuqi - a hard working player, who always seemed to be a gentleman on the pitch. I hope he proves to be a success for them - he deserves it.

A London man in his 40's is today "recovering well' after being robbed of over £2,500,000 worth of assets at his London estate. The man who can only be named as 'The silver fox' is said to be traumatised' at events which apparently started at around 11.57 pm late last night. Police are appealing for witnesses and are keen to speak to two grey haired men seen running away from the scene of the crime with what appeared to be documents in their hands. There have been unconfirmed reports that a fourth man may have been involved-a Serbian giant who like 'the silver fox' is recovering after being apparently 'dumped' at the estate late last night. A fifth man-a mobile phone entrepreneur and business partner of 'the silver fox' is currently being questioned by the police in conjunction with the cold hearted crime.

Cute that, made me smile, even at 3:20am

What good is £2.5m if we can't spend it. We've recouped way more this Summer than we've spent - at a time when strengthening was vital. It's a good deal but the timing of it for us is horrific.

Please explain why the timing is "horrific"

What good is £2.5m if we can't spend it. We've recouped way more this Summer than we've spent - at a time when strengthening was vital. It's a good deal but the timing of it for us is horrific.

We can spend it in the January transfer window if need be. With Nonda, Benni, Roberts, Jeffers, Gallagher and Derbyshire all still at the club I don't think it will affects us one bit.

Please explain why the timing is "horrific"

We needed to strengthen midfield. Had we sold Kuqi even a few hours earlier we may have been able to do something. To sell him for such an inflated price with 1 minute of the window left is hugely frustrating - moreso than if we'd let him go for free!

£2.5m for Shefki 'No Touch' Kuqi is mega bucks. Replaced him with a all round better player in Nonda, were £2.5m up, less wages and a stronger team. Whats the problem. Sparkys eyes must have lit up when he saw that offer. Kuqi was one of the lest technically giftet premiership players i have ever seen! Were Ok at the back for now until neill leaves, Pretty good upfrot with the same midfield that got us 6th last season. Spend abit in january on an attacking midfielder and were flying.

So from the ins & outs this summer we are about £3 million up id say. So stick it into the savings account until January.

For now I feel that we have enough cover in all areas of the team and that if we need to strengthen again in January then we are in a position to.

Im glad that we haven’t risked our money on the likes of that Norwegian fella, I think we should be monitoring his progress between now and January and see if he proves himself. No point us rushing into a deal as we don’t have money to throw away.

I have 100% faith in Mark Hughes :brfc:

I know a lot of users here will think this Norn Iron fecker is going to come on gloating about how he said this and that. In fairness 'Shefki the Farmer', was by far one of the least talented footballers that i've see at Ewood Park, nevermind at my local amateur football club.

He worked his ass off and will be missed at the club. He scored some really important goals, but if we needed to improve from last season I thought that he had to move on. I was only expecting £500k and not the reported £2.5m we are laughing all the way to the bank, but not as much as Burnley when they sold Ade Akinbi for £1.5.

Shefki, I will miss the goal celebrations (not that there would have been many more) and wish you all the best in London. Maybe we will be back in the Prem with them next season. Thanks to Mr Jordan for the cash. Nice interest in it until January!!

:lol::D:lol:

:rover::rover:

Well I must admit to being just a little sad at seeing Shefki go. He was not the best footballer but he was all heart and a fantastic professional; an example to all! In many ways reminiscent of Tommy Briggs although not as prolific a scorer, but a great guy to have around. Here's wishing you all the best for the future Shefki and thanks for what you did for us. Look after yourself. You will always be welcome back at Ewood if our paths cross again.

My sentiments entirely. He really did remind me of Tommy Briggs; in build and stature; big hearted; and slow to get moving but,once on the move, quite fast. Not quite as prolific a goal scorer as Tom, though.

Thanks for the memory, Shefki.

I agree totally, i dont understand the logic in raising transfer funds if your not going to spend it.

Besides what good is transfer money in January if we have already been knocked out of Europe...?

Our midfield has proven weak in the first games of the season, so what do we do to rectify this... Sell Jon Douglas, a Republic of Ireland International, who we never really gave a chance too...

Nearly everyone on this board was screaming out for a midfielder to be brought in, and Sparky seemed to back up this idea by going to see the Norweigan chappy Haested (sp) playing vs Brazil...

I have always maintained we rely too much on Tugay, but he is getting on, and his match fitness is slowly getting worse, injuries and tiredness...

By getting rid of Douglas and Johnson i thought we were freeing up room in our squad for another fairly big midfielder to be brought in, as we were also linked with the likes of Petrov, the thing i least expected was our only accomplishment of the transfer deadline day to be a loan move for someone who has consistently suffered from injuries over the last 2 years, and if his injuries begin flairing up again as people who have constant injuries sometimes do... We are left with an unreliable Jeffers and unproven Derbyshire...

I was absolutely dismayed to see we had sold Kuqi to Palace this morning, after he had scored some very important goals for us last season, we repay him by replacing him with someone as unreliable as Nonda and Jeffers... Im sorry, but i do shake my head to this...

One thing i would ask is, if we have sold all these players and brought next to nobody in with our transfer funds (excluding signings like Roberts and Benni as this is Bellamy's transfer funds), how much do we have left to spend in January, thats if the Rovers management and Board can be bothered to sign anyone after we have most probably been knocked out of Europe and will most probably have been struggling in the league...

I must admit, i am both worried and very dissapointed... :tu:

I expected Kuqi to go for free, so £2.5m is an excellent bit of business.

Everyone's views on the club at the moment are clouded by our poor start - which hasn't been bad in terms of performances vs Eveton or Chelsea. I think once we get some wins then everything looks better.

Best of luck to Shefki - always gave 100% for us

I liked the guy (almost ordered a shirt with his name this season, but with the speculation, decided not to), but 2.5 MILLION??? After signing him on a free, it's a great piece of business that any of us would have been proud to do on FM. Wish the guy luck and maybe we'll see him next season. I think even with him missing a few games, it wouldn't hurt to put a fiver on him to win the scoring title in the CCC.

Incredible bit of bit of business. I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd just released him, to be honest. Good luck to the big guy, a true dedicated pro that did a fine job for us.

Palace payed more for Shefki than we did for McCarthy - that says it all.

Edited by Radagast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.