BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 - 0 spurs match review

• Backroom

I'm more angry than pessismistic... no need at all for Lucas to go in like that and get sent off, disgraceful and a big let down for the team, who have worked so hard throughout the match, and supporters.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more angry than pessismistic... no need at all for Lucas to go in like that and get sent off, disgraceful and a big let down for the team, who have worked so hard throughout the match, and supporters.

341506[/snapback]

Exactly.

Jemal Johnson on for Kuqi.

341506[/snapback]

I'm still at work, so didn't see the tackle.. but from what's been said, sure anger at Neill isn't my problem.... its the immediate doom and gloom of "now we'll do nothing but defend while Spurs rams goals down our throat... that's what I hate! smile.gif

Now get after them Jemal, lets see a goal come from all that pace you've got! rover.gif

All things considered, I guess we have to be happy with a point. Still feel we should have got something more from the game.

341514[/snapback]

Feeling disappointed from a draw is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. It'll be interesting to hear if Hughes feels the same way.

Deserved red, absolutely no excuses, lucas is a complete idiot. Not to mention whoever headbutted the tottenham player is likely to get a ban. Brilliant. We were doing so well, now we're going to have to defend the rest of the match.

341499[/snapback]

TV replays suggested it was Todd who was the culprit - Nelsen could be wearing the armband for a few matches?

Scrappy game - expected more from Spurs; just one goal attempt in 90 mins to Rovers' 11 or so.

So back to square one then- another 0-0 and disciplinary problems.

I wonder if Todd has grown complacent? For the last two seasons he was fabulous- playing to the full of his ability.

So far this season, his errors have cost two goals and looks like the video boys will get him a ban.

Quite a disappointing result, when you consider how the game was suppose to have panned out. It sounds like we totally dominated the match, without ever really threatening much. Spurs didn't offer much going forward and that makes it more annoying that we didn't get three points which would have been brilliant. It seems like Andy Todd is going to be in bother, even though it was Lucas who was sent off. What could be more damaging is Mokoena playing in the centre of defence, in his absence! Tony Gayle was saying that Shefki Kuqi worked hard up front, but doesn't have the class to get us the goals we will need. He thinks that we need a striker, so I hope Hughes is listening, because we still haven't got a cutting edge up front.

• Backroom

We definately need another striker, but I think we'e stuck with Kuqi until Bellamy returns. We also need players to stop making ridiculous and costly challenges, namely Todd, Savage, Neill ... a little discipline will go a long way, we don't need suspensions with our squad as thin as it is, and so early in the season.

... a little discipline will go a long way, we don't need suspensions with our squad as thin as it is, and so early in the season.

341529[/snapback]

Also, I heard from one of the commentators in the Fulham match that our disciplinary record last season cost us a $100,000 fine, and we are on a suspended sentance this year, which means if our record doesn't improve this year would cost us an additional $500,000. Certainly, 2 reds and handful of yellows in the first 3 games isn't going to help us in that regard. That's $500,000 that could go to buying a player.

That being said, I don't know when that fine would be handed down, I hope at the end of the season. Anyone else hear about this?

I'll wait until MOTD before making a real opinion about the match. Neill sent off for second yellow card. Not good, not good at all. OK I know we have got the reputation but that means bugger all when you got to get points on the board.

Though the 1 against a second team Spurs, I think we should have gone for it considering Defoe, Carrick and Davids were all on the bench and apparently gave a lack luster performance.

lets see what the anti Rovers opinion is of Lawro and Hansen.

Saw the match live down here, and I'll probably be giving a player-by-player analysis after, but at a glance we totally dominated the match, apart from the last ten minutes, and really deserved the three points.

We lost the game with the lack of quality up front. Kuqi tries and tries, but he has little class. His first touch lets him down, and if only he could improve it, he could have gotten a couple of goals tonight.

I think we can be heartened by this, though. We look like we have some quality about us everywhere else. Tugay deserved his man of the match performance, where he pulled the strings. Emerton was an improved player, too (last saw him play against West Ham), and I think Hughes has hammered a bit of confidence into him.

EDIT: Also, I thought we were a very clean side for most of the match, and I was thinking about how I was going to say that after the match during the clean spell, but then things went sour at the end with the headbutt and the sending off. It's horrible stuff that won't help our reputation one little bit.

Edited by James No. 7

Also, I heard from one of the commentators in the Fulham match that our disciplinary record last season cost us a $100,000 fine, and we are on a suspended sentance this year, which means if our record doesn't improve this year would cost us an additional $500,000. Certainly, 2 reds and handful of yellows in the first 3 games isn't going to help us in that regard. That's $500,000 that could go to buying a player.

That being said, I don't know when that fine would be handed down, I hope at the end of the season. Anyone else hear about this?

341531[/snapback]

Knock a zero off each figure and change the dollar sign to a pounds sign and you have it right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.