BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 - 0 spurs match review

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cant't drop Tugay after THAT goal on the weekend. I expect us to play with the same formation allowing Tugay to have a free role in the middle of the park.

The biggest battle of the day will clearly be between Sav and Davids, whover wins that battle could easily win the game for their team. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see one of them get a red card to be honest, neither will be likely to back out of a challange. I expect Sav to to take Davids out (in the way Davids nailed Parlour) in the first 5 minutes of the game.

I hate this fixture, purely because all of my family are Spuds fans and obviously I mouthed off quite a bit after the cup final win, since then our record against Spurs hasn't been that great and I have taken qite a bit of stick.

Spurs are looking good this season and should be challenging for top 6 so i'll take a hard fought 1-1.

340511[/snapback]

With the players in their squad they should be consistenly in the top six and having a go for the fourth Champions League place. They are the most underachieving team in the Premiership yet somehow I still fear they have the quality to put three or four past us.

4-5-1 will be needed but we MUST play Tugay again. Let's have none of this nonsense about Dickov playing behind Kuqi in a 4-5-1 formation please. We must be confident of getting a draw with it being a homegame and we should really be looking for a good solid defensive display and trying to nick a goal on the break. Fingers crossed for 1-0 to Rovers but my prediction is 1-1. I don't think we'll lose so long as the defensive don't lapse - we can't afford to take our eyes off Defoe for a second.

Coming off the fence for this one-

1) Rovers defence will remember how to stay awake for all 98 minutes of the game and will do a lock out of last season's proportions despite Spurs having 60% of the play.

2) Rovers midfield/forwards enjoy remembering how good it is to score truly great goals.

3) However, the winner in this one will be scuffed in from a Pedersen-inswnging corner as Spuds go short handed in the 6 yard box having put two men marking Tugay who was hanging around the Nuttall Street touch line just to confuse them.

1-0 Rovers.

4-5-1 will be needed but we MUST play Tugay again. Let's have none of this nonsense about Dickov playing behind Kuqi in a 4-5-1 formation please.

340866[/snapback]

Dickov's banned for another two games. However if fit I expect Mokoena to play rather than Tugay in order to counter Davids running in from midfield and to prevent any of their strikers dropping off and coming at our centre halves from deep positions. Hughes has already hinted that Tugay will not play in many games and I think this is one for him to sit on the bench for...... unless we are in need of a goal in the last 20 mins.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

eh?  Its August ffs.

340747[/snapback]

By half eight I'm hardly expecting soaring temperatures...

More like a nasty wind (As always seems to be in the valley of Blackburn), maybe a little rain, and generally not what these southern pansies are used to.

2-3 Spurs win

I just feel that Spurs will have a good night and we'll just get unlucky as we always do late on ina match against some teams.

Hope the scoreline is reversed as that woudl be cool.

I fear a 1-2 defeat, despite the much improved performance on Saturday. Our problem has been inconsistency, and how fitting it would be for Rovers to crash us back down to earth after such a good performance a game earlier.

340978[/snapback]

Spurs have also been inconsistent over seasons past so why should this season be any different !!! don't like predictions as I always believe rovers will win.

Me thinks Rovers will get a draw against the Spurs on Wednesday. Depending on a couple of things...

After Saturday's Return to some decent football I think Defoe will be too much for Todd and Nelsen in Defence. Especially if Todd has one of his memory loss moments in defence after the 1st half. I just cant see them handling Defoes pace goal scoring talent.

I think our midfield is capable enough to deal with their midfield and yes even Davids & Carrick. You got to remember, on Saturday (Spurs vs Middlesborough), Davids and Carrick were playing the same role of the holding player and would often leave some gaps in midfield. Which did give Middlesborough some great opportunities to score.

Plus Emerton and Pedersen are both good enough to cause problems down both flanks. Though Kuqi still has some way to come before impressing me.

I think Hughes will stick to the same line up as Saturday. though I dont think Tugay will have as much space to work with as he did against Fulham.

If we, close down Defoe quick enough then I will say a 1-1 draw.

If not then more liekly a 2-0 defeat.

Plus if we are the main fixture on MOTD on Wednesday night then we will lose. Whenever we are the main fixture we just seem to lose. Plus this just gives Hansen and Lawro (Miserable anti Rovers Tw*t) some ammunition to slag us off.

Some kind words. We've really not been at all convincing so far, but there's always the chance we might ignite like we did in the first half against Lyon. I still think 1-1 looks likely - but I'm chuffed that Dickov & Bellamy will be missing as they can be awkward @#/?s to play against.

Stalteri has looked very good and I hope he will contain Pedersen but the worry is if things start going against Spurs. We are a very young side with a couple of real hotheads who are likely to lose it.

Our problem has been inconsistency,

340978[/snapback]

After two games?

but I'm chuffed that Dickov & Bellamy will be missing as they can be awkward @#/?s to play against.

Thats after Dickov has played for 10 minutes and Bellamy has wandered around Upton Park for 90?

Spurs have also been inconsistent over seasons past so why should this season be any different !!! don't like predictions as I always believe rovers will win.

Nice one.

Rovers 2-1

Simply because Spurs are one of my teams I really dislike(maybe cos Ive seen Rovers be so poor against them in the past). I think putting Mokoena if fit into battle with Davids to rough him up a bit along with Savage will be the plan. Don't expect the classy stuff we saw on Saturday expect Bully Boy tactics and expect them to wind Spurs and Davids up.

Also people should not get so hung up on Davids although he WAS one of the best midfielders in the world, now hes just a name of a past it Individual who serves to feed on Spurs fans beliefs that they really are a big team

i was botherd about davids at first but then watching the match analaysis if enyone saw it on the premiership it was showing his and carricks partnership and there was no comunication they were both staying back then both going forward and chasing the same ball all the time insted of 1 marking a player and the other tackling it will be like playing ten men special with our 5 man midfield come on rovers do us proud n we will do the same by turning up to watch in future rover.gif

Edited by pick32

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.