BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

It's great to see those positive comments about Gally. Those are exactly the sort of comments ALL our loan players should be getting in the lower leagues.

Hughes seems to have a very cool head about the loans- he hasn't extended Luke at Cercle and said no to Jemal going there (he pulled Jemal back from PNE sharpish as well)- perhaps he doesn't rate Cercle's coaching set up as Peter was a flop there and came back to Blackburn and immediately started looking good in the Reserves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gally sold in January- if Hughes doesn't rate him as a Prem prospect, the lad has put himself in the window with his performances at Stoke and his contract is running down.

In the meantime, I guess all at Ewood are glad Leeds signed up Douglas for a year - he might as well kick a ball around in their reserves on their payroll as do nothing at Ewood. Great 4 year contract decision by Souness.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear Gally is doing well!

Hopefully we`ll see a new rejuvenated Gally back at Ewood sooner rather than later!  thumbs-up.gif

367616[/snapback]

He's a very intelligent footballer IMO and his passing is clever. I think Bellamy would thrive on the sort of ammo that Gally could produce. I think quite a few of Stead's goals came from Gally passes and Bellamy pace would make him an even more viable target for Gally's guile.

Last season Gally's stock dropped from playing in a poor side (under Souness), then feauturing with Stead when Jonathan was really low in confidence and then, finally, not suiting the 4-5-1 system.

I rate him and would like us to keep hold of him. Home-grown quality. No transfer fee and passion for his local team.

Beat me to it Philip

367729[/snapback]

IMO we should use this option as he is on top form for stoke and if he going to have the confidence and skills to do something at the top level this is it.

It's not like we have on form strikers and with the ever growing disappearance of matty it's worth a go. Also we're paying half his wages so might aswell pay the other half and get him scoring for us!

Think we have Zurab on loan til end of season regardless of what rangers want, but we have that all important buying clause!

Let Gally grab a hat-trick for Stoke against the dingles on Boxing day and then re-call him in time to score 1 against Wigan  biggrin.gif  rover.gif

367791[/snapback]

We could perhaps swop Gally and Jansen. With Jansen finishing the season and getting match practice at Stoke and Gally finishing the season by replacing Matty as our 4th choice striker. Perfick tinykit.gif

He's a very intelligent footballer IMO and his passing is clever. I think Bellamy would thrive on the sort of ammo that Gally could produce. I think quite a few of Stead's goals came from Gally passes and Bellamy pace would make him an even more viable target for Gally's guile.

I rate him and would like us to keep hold of him. Home-grown quality. No transfer fee and passion for his local team.

367635[/snapback]

I always had the same opinion of Gallagher and maybe at the time that he left he had got into the wrong lifesyle - according to local rumours . If he's now on the right track then Hughes should bring him back . Surely he could push his way past Jansen and Bentley and make the bench at least .... in fact I'd prefer him to Dickov .

We could perhaps swop Gally and Jansen.  With Jansen finishing the season and getting match practice at Stoke and Gally finishing the season by replacing Matty as our 4th choice striker.    Perfick tinykit.gif

367835[/snapback]

I think that would be something Stoke would find very satisfactory. Maybe let them have a look at Peter, Taylor, Nolan et al too.

It would be good to get a consistent partner for loans in the lower divisions.

gallagher is enjoying himself at the moment because he is playing week in week out and scoring goals. when he comes back then he may get on the bench but he's not going to walk strait in to the side imo and then he will get fed up again of not playing and lose his form.

hopefully he will come back, form a brutal partnership with bellamy, fire us into the campions league and it will be happy days!!! smile.gif

looking forward to seing what he does against burnley though, he should be well up for that!!!

I just wrote a reply on the "we need a hero" thread and i said Gally can be our hero but he needs to come back stronger and with more regulariry in his games, no matter if he plays 30 or 90 minutes.

I'm glad he performs well for Stoke, he's my favourite Rovers player in the current team and last season i was sad he couldn't show the quality he has. I always support local lads -i know he's scot but you know what i mean, home-grown- and i expect a terribly good partnership (Garner + Gally, the double "G") for Rovers in the future.

I just wrote a reply on the "we need a hero" thread and i said Gally can be our hero but he needs to come back stronger and with more regulariry in his games, no matter if he plays 30 or 90 minutes.

I'm glad he performs well for Stoke, he's my favourite Rovers player in the current team and last season i was sad he couldn't show the quality he has. I always support local lads -i know he's scot but you know what i mean, home-grown- and i expect a terribly good partnership (Garner + Gally, the double "G") for Rovers in the future.

368529[/snapback]

It could be the G force

Don't really see the point in loaning out Jansen. Either give him a chance here or let him go. He isn't a young kid trying to break through to the team anymore.

368376[/snapback]

In the LET a few days ago there was an article about Jansen's future at the Rovers. There were suggestions that Jansen might want to leave if he were not to be involved in the first team squad, but the article said he would not want to go out on loan after his previous experience at Coventry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.