BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe there was a bit of tactics about it cos Ipswich had a player sent off?

363677[/snapback]

God jim you never get your facts into perspective wink.gif

Goood to see my creative middy choice score the winner for cardiff aswell! cheap in the summer, but there is always the option of dunn ohmy.gif

Stoke Rivalnet view on Gally

363523[/snapback]

Same old story- plenty of ability but lack of physical strength and commitment. Both these things are emminently achievable through hard work.

Like it or lump it he is the most gifted player we have produced since the Duff and Dunn year and remains our best hope for the future out of the current lot. Nonetheless unless he sorts out these issues he will never feature again in a Mark Hughes team.

The suspicion is that players of Dickov's and Kuqi's ilk actually cause more problems for a Premiership defence because they force mistakes and capitalise (sometimes...) upon them. Gally does not do this and can also be knocked off the ball easily. It is frustrating.

Is a few hours a week in the gym and a little bit of determination too much to ask for a Premiership career with his childhood club and bucket and buckets of money? He has all the 'uncoachable' qualities- movement, finishing, passing.

Same old story- plenty of ability but lack of physical strength and commitment. Both these things are emminently achievable through hard work.

Like it or lump it he is the most gifted player we have produced since the Duff and Dunn year and remains our best hope for the future out of the current lot. Nonetheless unless he sorts out these issues he will never feature again in a Mark Hughes team.

The suspicion is that players of Dickov's and Kuqi's ilk actually cause more problems for a Premiership defence because they force mistakes and capitalise (sometimes...) upon them. Gally does not do this and can also be knocked off the ball easily. It is frustrating.

Is a few hours a week in the gym and a little bit of determination too much to ask for a Premiership career with his childhood club and bucket and buckets of money? He has all the 'uncoachable' qualities- movement, finishing, passing.

363692[/snapback]

How can you draw a negative from that piece? It's praising him to the hilt and simply remarks that he isn't the most physical of players which we knew already.

It doesn't say anything about lack of commitment.

McEveley was substituted after 15 minutes tonight.

Either a bad injury or he's so bad he was taken off.

363665[/snapback]

He damaged his knee in a challenge leading up to the incident that got Wilnis sent off.

They said that he'd tweaked his ligaments, how true that is I don't know.

How can you draw a negative from that piece? It's praising him to the hilt and simply remarks that he isn't the most physical of players which we knew already.

It doesn't say anything about lack of commitment.

363693[/snapback]

If you read through the messageboard on the oatcake you will find frequent comments along the lines of "he isnt interested", "He goes missing" etc.

And I think it is a fair thing to say that he never really looked like he was giving a hundred percent when he played for us- the games away at Burnley was particularly illustrative in this regard, he looked utterly disinterested.

I really want him to do well, i think he would make not only a good player but also a highly entertaining one to watch, but he does appear to have a bit of an attitude problem.

I am open to be corrected on this but some of his performances have been woeful for us (just as the Drog, he will wax lyrical about it) not as the result of any lack of talent.

Edited by joey_big_nose

It is frustrating that of the youngsters coming through, the two with the most natural gifts are the two which seem to have had the biggest mindset problems- Gally and McEveley.

Hopefully Jay's injury is not serious but if its the knee that was dislocated it could be a big problem.

Incidentally, Drench is out on loan at Morecambe so it is still six out with the return of Jemal.

If any of the loanees are to break through into our Premiership side, I'd expect to be hearing rave reviews by now. That isn't happening which could explain the decision to have three youngsters training with the senior squad now.

Combined with the emphasis on youth in the Reserves, the Rovers are showing that youngsters can progress from the Academy which must help the club in recruiting the better talent out there.

I noticed that Chief Scout Terry Darracot has retired by the way. Been with the Rovers 12 years and has been a good servant of the club.

Hopefully Jay will come back to Rovers for treatment.  He doesn't have much luck on the unjury front,

363890[/snapback]

Opponents and the occasional team mate (sukur!) don't have much luck with injuries either when they're up against Jay.

Hope he recovers soon.

God jim you never get your facts into perspective  wink.gif

Goood to see my creative middy choice score the winner for cardiff aswell! cheap in the summer, but there is always the option of dunn  ohmy.gif

363685[/snapback]

You going to apologize to Johnny? tongue.gif

You going to apologize to Johnny? tongue.gif

363990[/snapback]

Americans don't get sarcasm tongue.gif

Still think we should go for koumas though! ph34r.gif

I do wish jim hadn't of been right though, jay is doomed to be forever injured! Could always sell him to big club for £10mil

Edited by modes98

Gally does really seem to be flourishing at Stoke even if he is being played out of position. Hopefully this loan period will provide, and it seems to be doing, the chance to iron out his inconsistency without having a detrimental effect on Rovers. Certainly I think if he continues as he is, Gally will be a welcome addition to the fold next season what with Dickov getting on and Jansen seemingly not getting better.

Personally I think loan to lower leagues is much more productive for our young starlets then reserve team football.

Is Jemal still at PNE or has he returned home? Sky, in its piece today about Cercle being after Jemal, still lists him as being at Preston.

Never mind...I answered my own question by going to the official site and seeing Johnson is back with the reserves.

So much for Sky's journalistic research. I suppose the rest of the story is crap also huh.gif

Edited by seahawkdad

Gallagher got MOM in 'The Oatcake' review of the Leicester game (finely written articles I have to say).

Very encouraging!

Comments here say that he is looking to come home back and that Rovers have been in touch telling him he has done well.

Even more impressive are the fan commentshere "This guy was bloody superb again tonight IMHO. He ran his heart out for the team. He covered as much ground as Ade Akinbiyi did for us but the main differance being that just about everything Gallagher did was just pure quality . What a bloody shame we cant afford to keep him permo though"

"How the hell does Paul Dickov get in ahead of him, Gallagher is a hell of a lot better!"

"He's too good for this division."

"Class player and definitely deserves a song or two"

Maybe someone should drop them an e-mail about the agadoo chant.....

A new year return?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.