BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dickovs contract is up in the summer, i don't think there has been any talk yet of him being offered a new one? his injury won't help his cause either. unsure.gif

382671[/snapback]

I'm sure there was paper talk about a possible transfer away from the club in January, which Williams/Hughes replied to by stating they were in contract talks.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

• 2 weeks later...
Can't see any way Andy Taylor is ready or good enough for the first team.

384919[/snapback]

Hughes seems to like him, and he only has to be a decent squad player to stick around under Williams' new plan. This loan move is purely for experience, or our academy truely does blow.

McEvely is going back to Ipswich on Monday to complete his rehabilitation there.

Andy Todd scored with a header for Accy Stanley this evening. Very public spirited of him to fly back from Dubai to give the neighbours a hand.

Edited by philipl

McEvely is going back to Ipswich on Monday to complete his rehabilitation there.

Andy Todd scored with a header for Accy Stanley this evening. Very public spirited of him to fly back from Dubai to give the neighbours a hand.

385011[/snapback]

I would sell Jay for 500k or better if Ipswich would stump up the cash.i just don't believe the lad is ever going to come good for us(yes,i know he has been injured and I haven't seen him play since Souness was in charge) as there seem to be better options for us.However,under JW's new policy of having Academy and young players on small wages be squad players perhaps he is just what they have in mind.

Also,looks like Accy clinch going up next weekend to coincide with our victory over arsenal.

Edited by Florida Rover

I would sell Jay for 500k or better if Ipswich would stump up the cash.i just don't believe the lad is ever going to come good for us(yes,i know he has been injured and I haven't seen him play since Souness was in charge) as there seem to be better options for us.However,under JW's new policy of having Academy and young players on small wages be squad players perhaps he is just what they have in mind.

Also,looks like Accy clinch going up next weekend to coincide with our victory over arsenal.

385022[/snapback]

Well, we can only really afford to sell him if we get someone, on top of Zurab, to sign. We will need cover next season as Moko will be buggering off (not happy on the bench at all) as will Amo, who wouldn't play anyway, and possibly Matteo.

Not to mention that Gresko will also be packing his bags.However,I think you sell Mokoena short.He is contracted to us until 2007,I believe.

385034[/snapback]

Aye, Gresko is out ofcontract, I think he means that Moko will want to be leaving us, rather than the other way around.

I believe MH earlier diffused Mokoena's agent who was grumbling about lack of playing time with the usual placations of "He has an important role to play for us"which we all have seen is nonexistant to this point but I wonder if he will begin to bring him in as a late substitute over the next 12 games to pacify him.He would be cheaper than having to go find a new squad player and when we make it to Europe next year he will have his role to play.

What I am saying is that Moko will ask for a transfer. He views himself as a high quality player and is proud - walking out of the SA squad shows that.

He has had virtually no games this season and is fourth choice central midfielder and fourth choice centre back. Additionally I think any Rovers supporter would be more than a little worried if he was regularly starting as either a central defender or a midfielder in a 442. He will go.

He is not like Matteo or Amo who are at the end of their careers and cannot earn any more money at other clubs. Someone will come in for him, and we might even make a tidy profit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.