BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched the faw cup final lastnight between wrexham and swansea city on bbc wales.

matty derbyshire played ok but swansea were just to good for wrexham and he hardly had a sniff at goal all night, he worked hard but had no reward.

swansea won the game 2-1 and lee, lee, lee trundle looked different class on the pitch.

Bit worrying to see that Stoke City dropped Gallagher to the bench last night, not sure if it was tactical or lack of fitness, and still won away from home.

QPR 1 Stoke 2

394711[/snapback]

Heard a few bits on the radio last night, I think he set up the winner a few mins after coming on. Stoke's first away win for ages.

Heard a few bits on the radio last night, I think he set up the winner a few mins after coming on.  Stoke's first away win for ages.

394786[/snapback]

He was left out due to a tactical switch against QPR. He was back in for the game against Sheff Utd today.

Quotes from The Oatcake QPR match report:

"SUB: Gallagher 8

The touch of class that tipped the game in Stoke's favour. "

"The oh-so impressive Gallagher tried to make the game safe with a 20-yard shot of his own but Jones got down to make the diving save and then the home side launched one last onslaught on the Stoke goal in a desperate attempt to rescue something from their night's work."

Comments from the game against UTD:

"agree, gally got stuck in and was that touch of class we need for the future"

"however i think Gally could do better than what he produced today. Best game for a while. typical show pony to me no balls"

Opinion is very divided, but the guys who write the match reports rate him highly.

Hereis a nice little snippet on Jemal Johnson with quotes from Darlinton's manager.

Here are some interesting comments from Johan Boskamp Stoke's beleagured manager about Gally saying he wants him to stay for next season but can't pay anything toward wages (much less mentioning anything of a transfer).Read for yourselves.

Florida Rover

i would put taylor,gallagher and jemal on loan again next season. i would recall derbyshire and try to loan him out to a championship club or division one club becaus ehe is too goodfor div2. i would sell douglas but recall j mac and give him a go in the first team because when he was given a chance under souness he was a brilliant player.

Here are some interesting comments from Johan Boskamp Stoke's beleagured manager about Gally saying he wants him to stay for next season but can't pay anything toward wages (much less mentioning anything of a transfer).Read for yourselves.

Florida Rover

397066[/snapback]

Interesting to see Boskamp considers Gallagher to be a left sided player...

Interesting to see Boskamp considers Gallagher to be a left sided player...

397209[/snapback]

He has apparently been vastly better there than as a striker (where he has been muscled out if match reports are to be believed).

However in the Premiership I doubt he will be able to play out wide, he wouldn't get the room that he does in the championship, and lacks the pace to beat people.

If he is going to succeed it is going to be in that role as the supporting striker 'in the hole'. However, I doubt that is really going to happen, Bentley is competing for the same spot, and I think in an ideal world Hughes will be looking for a guy to hold up the ball who Bellamy can play off.

Still, I hope he does succeed. He is such an intelligent passer of the ball on his day and can finish well. We could do worse than have him as a squad striker.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.