BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 goals so far I think. About 1 in every 3 games for Stoke. Good going! Reckon he'll be back here on feb 1st if we havent signed anyone.

375476[/snapback]

Hmmm ... doesn't sound like he had the best game from the match report in the Daily Telegraph ...

Johan Boskamp's men had only themselves to blame for not taking a firm grip. The biggest culprit was winger Gallagher, who missed two easy chances and also shot tamely at the goalkeeper. Gallagher's most glaring miss came when Dave Brammer broke impressively into the penalty area and crossed low along the six-yard line. Gallagher was unmarked when he met it, but instead of stroking the ball into the empty net he opted for power and blazed wildly over.

Another Gallagher blunder came when he headed over from three yards out following good approach work by Kevin Harper, the former Scotland Under-21 international, who was at the heart of most of Stoke's best movements.

You can get away (just!!) with missing chances against non league opponents but I subscribe to the view expressed by many that he just isn't good enough for the Premiership.

Interesting that you are in touch with all Leeds fans and all Stoke fans...

wink.gif

376982[/snapback]

I don't think its hard to be in touch with all the Leeds fans right now, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of them about!

• 2 weeks later...

From the offical site -

"Rovers have agreed to allow Paul Gallagher to stay on at Stoke City, but have changed the terms of the deal so that the young Scottish striker can, if necessary, be recalled after a month."

So, we can call him back if need be - but have to give a full month's notice!!!

Is Hughes letting Gally out to see him progress or has he just deciding that he is not in his future plans?

So, we can call him back if need be - but have to give a full month's notice!!!

380217[/snapback]

I think it's not a month's notice, but they have him for febuary and then from 1st march onwards we can recall him instantly. Thats how i read it anyway.

do you reckon Gally is going to be sold in the summer?

382458[/snapback]

Personally I think it's an absolute certainty that Gally will be going.

He and Bentley are almost identical players in terms of position...they're both second strikers who can also operate out wide. I can't see why we'd need two young players of that kind, and there's no doubt whatsoever who the better of the two is.

I think it spoke volumes of Hughes' plans for him when he as allowed to stay at Stoke through the injury crisis as well. We'll be wanting as much cash for him, so leaving him at Stoke, where he was earning good reviews, was the best option for both clubs.

If we hadn't signed Bentley I'd be disappointed with him going as I think he will turn into a decent Premiership striker. He just won't be as good as our David.

Personally I think it's an absolute certainty that Gally will be going.

He and Bentley are almost identical players in terms of position...they're both second strikers who can also operate out wide.  I can't see why we'd need two young players of that kind, and there's no doubt whatsoever who the better of the two is.

382466[/snapback]

I disagree, I think he will stay unless we recieve a substantial offer. Gallagher clearly is a better player than JJ while Derbyshire is still young.

For Gally it is a question of attitude, if he gets his work rate up and commits to the gym then I think he has it in him to be a Premiership player.

I think Hughes is putting him out at Stoke to give him the impetus to do that.

Gally has proved it in the prem ,unlike jj and matty derbyshire surely they have to be sold before him

I think Gally might cum back to haunt us in a couple of years time if we get rid of him look what happend when we got rid of Beetie ok he is not having a good time at Everton at the moment but he did extremley well at Southampton.

And i would have Beetie in my team above Kuqi any day of the week

Hindsight.. can't see JJ staying for much longer tbh, unless he can get into the team and perform well this season. He's what, 21 now? With us probably signing a new striker in the summer, he'll be number 5 or 6 in the pecking order. Hard to tell though, it might also be Gally leaving, or one of the senior strikers..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.