BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Are You Involved In The World Cup?

Lets see how many people are represented there, obviously lots of the English here, but lets if others are there.

Iran is there, so we will be there! rover.gif

We got shafted as the North American teams are grouped with us instead of the South Americans like before, despite Asians outperforming Africans last time around and 4 new African nations qualifying. So where is the logic?

Oh well, got a feeling we might meet England...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of cracking draws against Croatia and Bulgaria, Malta is looking forwards to the European Nations draw with the hope of not coming bottom of whatever group they get drawn in.

Anyway, England. Not getting carried away as Brasil are so good. Little question of whether it will be the Belfast version of SGE coaching us or the Geneva one.

Germany over here.

Don't really care about the groupings, home advantage should see us through. Spose some of the teams that are less organised but rely on stars such as the Ivory Coast or even the dutch - which is usually a worrying game - but they have (bar Robben) looked crap during recent months.

I think we will go out as soon as we meet the Brazilians, English or the azzuri. Brazil are Brazil, the English will play as if their lives depended on it and the Italians have looked good recently, coupled with the fact they have a habit of getting stronger as the tournament progresses.

For those that havent seen any of the Germany games since the Euros, i can promise you one thing - we will be far more exciting to watch than in previous tournaments!

Argentina here.

I had high hopes 12 months ago... now, all I see are dark clouds.... I'm begining to think that Pekerman has nary a clue. (I hope to be proven wrong--but there are no upcoming friendlies to remove the qualms). A quick return to health by Heinze & Aimar and others would do my stress much good

I'm crossing fingers for tomorrow's draw... just our luck, we'll draw the dutch and

yanks....

as an aside, does anyone else question Mexico's status as a seed? Who do they beat to deserve this? I understand you can only beat the sides in your fixture, but when was the last time Mexico ventured outside their little coccon to face a 'big boy'..... IMHO, FIFA is a joke.

Edited by blue/white

Northern Ireland.

Not there sad.gif

365577[/snapback]

Aye sure we only qualify when the proper holiday destinations come up wink.gif Also we wouldnt want to embarrass the likes of Brazil and Argentina tongue.gif

Edited by B.R.F.C

USA, although I'm looking for another side to go follow while over there. I'm thinking the Ivory Coast. I'd say Australia, but that Aussie, Aussie, Aussie chant annoys the ###### out of me. Great, you guys know how to say 2 words, congratulations. tongue.gif

USA, although I'm looking for another side to go follow while over there. I'm thinking the Ivory Coast. I'd say Australia, but that Aussie, Aussie, Aussie chant annoys the ###### out of me. Great, you guys know how to say 2 words, congratulations. tongue.gif

365849[/snapback]

aussie aussie aussie annoys the hell out of you but U S A ! U S A! doesnt? blink.gif

365849[/snapback]

As andy says "USA,USA,USA!" is just as bad. As is "Eng-ur-land, Eng-ur-land, Eng-ur-land" when heard for the millionth or so time watching one match.

I'll be following how the nations perform who are new to the World Cup, such as Togo, Angola, Ukraine and Trinidad & Tobago. Far more interesting than yet more European teams like Denmark or whoever AESF wanted in. The World Cup should be a global event, not just the Euros + Brazil & Argentina.

I just noticed that Belgium were the only country to actually qualify through qualification matches for the last 6 world cups. I guess no other country has done that huh.gif

That said, I would rather watch Ghana vs Italy than the terribly exciting combination of Denmark vs Belgium or Croatia vs Switzerland tongue.gif

Edited by Rover4ever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.