BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers So Called Club Shop. Problems Anyone?

I raised the question of minikits at the Fans Forum a couple of sessions ago. Tom Finn made a note.

Add that to mugs and tankards, Rovers footballs, ties, towels, glassware, cufflinks, pens, watches, soft toys, boxer shorts, night appareil, bed linen and just about anything else under the sun you could name that you used to be able to get at what now passes for our club shop and now you can't.

Then again I just like complaining for the sake of it. rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The online club shop seems to be a nightmare. It's never bloody open!!!

Every time I go to it I get an error message saying please try later. I guess it's the internet equivelant of a sign in the window saying "back in 5 mins"

Just reading the posts on here and I am shocked !

I would like to say that the shop has gone from being rediculously overpriced to a fantstic store to shop in.

I wouldnt normal buy club merchanise due to the price, but so far this season I have bought...

Child New home kit £8.99

Child Old away kit £7.99

Childs Lonsdale tracksuit £7.25

Loads of t-shirts £2.99.

Plus other stuff.

The shop is great value.

I would much prefer to shop there than anywhere else for mine + families Rovers related goods.

Keep it up I say, they deserve a medal.

But then again what did I expect from reading the posts on here.

People always find some thing to grip on about.

What the (Please don't use that word again) is the problem with some of the doors being locked ?

Ever thought about security ?

I just bought a child's home shirt with name and number (one number, 7 letters)on the back from the online shop. Came to just under £20 including postage.

£20 is a small price to pay to indoctrinate the youth of Cornwall away from Man Utd and Chelsea to less of a girlie team. rover.gif

I think Replica shirts price is not bad.

Thtat's besides the point!

they don't have calendar, scarves and RoverTime !

Is that proper course of Official net shop?

I hope they think about fullll consideration for overseas fan!

...and It doesn't work on my PC.

Lee> I clearing out my PC's cache and restart and doing everything.

I do think that is about time the club let you subscribe to the programme, I would love to.

I dont buy them at the games as I dont want to carry it/put it in my pocket. A mail order subscription would be great. I'm sure it would also be very popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the club shop the last week. They didn't have any Rovers scarves. Not one whatsoever. This customer's level of satisfaction is zero. I mean, come on...scarves!!! It's winter for crying out loud! Didn't they anticipate that people might like scarves in winter? Do they bring out their bobble hats in July??? tongue.gif

The problem is, its NOT a club shop anymore.

Its a sports shop right next to the ground. No doubt it still has certain contractual commitments to the club but its main aim is to be profitable. So you can say goodbye to obscure/twee club merchendise and memorabilia.

Its pile it high, sell it cheap, which suits some but not all.

There's probably an oportunity cryng out for a private entrepreneur (Del Boy !!) to start producing Rovers Objet d'art ! smile.gif

So you can say goodbye to obscure/twee club merchendise and memorabilia.

382399[/snapback]

I take your point of course but don't you think that there should be an outlet at Blackburn Rovers that actually sells Official Blackburn Rovers scarves?

It's hardly obsure/twee - which is probably how a BRFC tax disk holder can be described. I asked for one before Christmas, they do do them, but had sold out. I asked when they were getting more in - "I don't know, we only get what we're sent". Which I can't quite believe but I lost the will to live with that response so didn't ask anymore silly questions.

So attendances are down. You'd have thought that the club would be looking to maximise revenue in other areas (e.g. BRFC Merchandise) yet you can't even buy a Blackburn Rovers scarf. It's laughable.

Or maybe the deal that was struck with Sports World International has actually made us so much money we don't need to worry about selling scarves anymore? dry.gif

Exactly ozzie. Now you probably can't get those mittens anymore. £2 more towards a new player?

I'd keep hold of them until the string looks like it's gonna snap if I was you, then stick 'em on e-bay, you'll probably get a couple of quid for them. thumbs-up.gif

Very true Walls. But at least ozzie has now given Hughes the problem of who he can spend those two pounds on. That's presuming he sees all that money and we're not paying off more loans with it. Still it's a nice problem for Mark Hughes to have I suppose.

Oz - those mittens sounded absolutely rubbish - whoever made them wants stringing up.

I'll get me scarf.

No doubt it still has certain contractual commitments to the club but its main aim is to be profitable. 

382399[/snapback]

True and I agree with what you say...but you'd think being next to that big thing called Ewood Park would make their Rovers items the most profitable surely? Instead they had any old tosh piled up. How many Rovers fans must have walked away with their cash still in their hand?

Does anyone know of anywhere else with a good collection of Rovers gear?

I'd have bought at least a couple of scarves - say a tenner for two? Add that to Ozzie's two quid, plus I'd have had a pair of mittens as well at that price and Hughes now has £14 to put towards a new striker. There's a long way to go to get Dean Ashton but at least we're on the right track... thumbs-up.gif

Edited by FourLaneBlue

True and I agree with what you say...but you'd think being next to that big thing called Ewood Park would make their Rovers items the most profitable surely? Instead they had any old tosh piled up. How many Rovers fans must have walked away with their cash still in their hand?

Doesn't anyone know of anywhere else with a good collection of Rovers gear?

382492[/snapback]

There won't be anyone else because you have to buy a licence if you want to make a widget with the official logo on.

I went into the club shop again after christmas in the forlorn hope of buying a fleece and it really is going beyond a joke now.

There are a few end of line Rovers items on display but practically the only Rovers related thing you can buy are whatever replica strips are left. And they're all the sizes no-one wants.

I know the word "disgrace" is bandied around fairly freely on here to describe "minor irritant" but for once it's apt.

Has any fan got anything good to say about the outsourcing? Do Rovers give a stuff? Less hassle for them by far. It's poor customer service and it's carrying the brand name.

I'd expected to buy quite a few Rovers things to take back when I leave the country but I was so unimpressed by what I saw that I didn't bother. I'll go back and have another look but it wasn't the best of impressions for the club to be giving out...and like it or not when it's next to Ewood Park selling Rovers merchandise then it is the club being represented.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I'd have bought at least a couple of scarves - say a tenner for two? Add that to Ozzie's two quid and Hughes now has £14 to put towards a new striker. There's a long way to go to get Dean Ashton but at least we are on the right track... thumbs-up.gif

382492[/snapback]

I dunno if there are any clubs that hold similar deals with SWI, but if we are the only one i imagine the club shop is not given any different status to other SWI's of its size. I say this as the Leeds Megastore - considerably bigger than the Ewood store -has a lot of old rovers shirts - some several seasons old - in stock at about 4 quid a pop, and has done for a while. I suspect that the smaller stores only stock 'current lines' and leftovers are moved to the megastores. For some items - if theyve got 20 pairs of blackburn Rovers mittens for example, it would probably be cheaper to bin them than follow the procedures required to sell them at Ewood - the profit on that whole lot may be 20 quid - not worth someones time adding stock to systems, adding a new pickface in a warehouse, transporting them to the store etc. They wont order in any more because its going to be an insignificant figure on the whole sales.

I know sod all about blackburn town centre but i'd guess that SWI only wanted the Rovers store because its one of the few places in Blackburn people with a bit of cash in the area go expecting to open their wallets.

Oh, and on the subject of the clubshop - did anyone buy one of the 'flitcroft' long sleeved t-shirts just after Shagger signed all those years ago. Blue cotton, with red collar and cuffs and flitcroft + his number (23?) on the back? Now that was proper tat. I wnder where mine is blink.gif

382492[/snapback]

I've bought quite a bit of stuff off E-bay recently :-

MUFC v Rovers (league) DVD

Rovers v MUFC (league) DVD

1972-73 team photo

1968-69 team photo

1969-70 team photo

1979-80 team photo

Looking for a traditional blue/white scarf. One thing for sure, I won't be going anywhere near the Oxfam, oops, I mean Club Shop. I've been trawling through Everton/Rangers/QPR sites etc to try and source one without luck - sooner or later one will appear on E-bay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.