SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/plann...es_redirect.jsp

8.7 miles from stanley's ground to turf moor...does that answer your question??

395365[/snapback]

I'm not really bothered but a route finder won't tell you the distance between two points it'll tell you the mileage between them _on the road_

Maybe I'm missing something?

I think Stanley's ascent is great. I'm off to support them in a minute (after several pints first :-)

you are joking right, dan....how many more times would you like me to read it?? turf moor is not 6 miles from rovers!!

395361[/snapback]

It uses Accy as the marker, who the hell said Turf Moor is 6 miles!

Blackburn 5.5 miles from CROWN GROUND, and Turd Hoor a further half a mile

Ewood Park is nearer to the Crown Ground than Bolton town centre is to the Breezeblock - which is nearer to Wigan's town centre than Bolton's. Burnden Park used to be only six miles from Gigg Lane, but the Reebock is double the distance. The Breezeblock isn't that far from Preston either.

Interesting fact:  When Stanley get promoted to the football league, they and Rovers will be the nearest English league teams not in the same city. 

395320[/snapback]

Old Trafford & The City Of Manchester Stadium are less than five miles apart. The former is in Trafford MBC & the latter is in The City Of Manchester.

Does this count?

League table before todays results. Accy lost and Hereford drew.

1  Accrington Stanley.....P36..........pts81

2  Hereford.....................P35..........pts67

Teams play 42 games.

395502[/snapback]

I went to the game and Stanley are coasting now IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they stage managed it so they clinch the title at home.

Old Trafford & The City Of Manchester Stadium are less than five miles apart. The former is in Trafford MBC & the latter is in The City Of Manchester.

Does this count?

395777[/snapback]

You're being technical now - not even City fans call manure Trafford United. Also, you could say Nottingham Forest are in West Bridgford, even though they're right across the river from Notts County. They're still part of Nottingham, just like Old Trafford's part of Manchester. The Irwell separates it from Salford. So us and Stanley are the nearest and dearest - not in the same town/city - I think!

You're being technical now

395802[/snapback]

Well Wily, I'll agree with you on that point. As neither Blackburn nor Accrington are "cities" then I think you'll need to tighten up the wording in your original statement, then we can have another look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all connected with Accrington Stanley. This proud club is now back where it rightfully belongs in the Football League after 44 years in the wilderness.

Lets hope they can now build on that and look to further promotions in the not too distant future. Then, who knows, we may see all the Lancashire teams together again in the Premiership.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.