BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic (0-3) Rovers

cn174

Speechless, the PC brigade are out in force again, some people are just too sensitive. smile.gif

Try concentrating on a great performance by the lads, the great result, two fantastic goals and an overall a superb day all round for all connected with the club. smile.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speechless, the PC brigade are out in force again, some people are just too sensitive. smile.gif

Try concentrating on a great performance by the lads, the great result, two fantastic goals and an overall a superb day all round for all connected with the club. smile.gif

370650[/snapback]

No. I don't want supporters of the same club as me singing racist songs. I also don't want to go to a game and hear opposition supporters singing racist songs. It is wrong, pure and simple and everything that can be done to get rid of it needs to be done, including having it criticised from all areas.

Trust good old Rovers fans to turn a thread about their best away result in years into a moan about fan behaviour! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

keep it up people! wink.gif

Edited by cletus

It's not just Wigan that have to get it sorted. At half-time, whilst trying to fight my way out of the loo, a largish group of Rovers fans were singing a Kuqi tribute song to the tune of The Flintstones. A snippet from the lyrics infers that he indulges in a spot of "Paki bashing".

Only one word to describe these morons - SCUM.  mad.gif

370637[/snapback]

They would be.

If the words werent "DINGLE BASHING"

withstupid.gif

I was sat in the centre of the away fans and there was defintely a chorus of "town full of pakis" just before the first goal.

Back in the dim and distant past I recall Burnley fans in the Manx Cup era chanting "Pakis rule your Town", so it isnt anything out of the ordainary. A goal shuts the morons up.

Blackburn rumble Latics tactics but on-target Pedersen in Spurs' sights

The match report from The Guardian (link above) contains two strange comments relating to MGP...

1) Pedersen is going to be the subject of a bid from Spurs in the transfer window.

and

2) This..."he has arguably been Blackburn's best player this season and is the nearest thing they have to a playmaker in midfield"...surely everyone knows that if Rovers have a playmaker then it must be Tugay surely?

Can't really see Spurs making a bid, they already have shedloads of midfielders. Or has cuidado been spreading rumours on the Spurs website, the team he/she supports???

just watched the highlights tonight of the weekends game at wigan. 3 good goals and one in particular a thunderbolt....i frightend my dog half to death when he hit that one, what a goal that was. no keep in world football would have stopped one.

i don't advocate racism either but lets not forget folks...."IT GOES BOTH WAYS"

That Guardian "report" has the look and feel of a fit up job by a reporter who:

a) I haven't seen a by-line for before,

cool.gif knows diddly squat about Rovers but an awful lot about MGP and Spurs, and

c) has been touched up by someone with an agenda.

is that reporter a spurs fan or what? it seems like a wishlist he's come up for himself, and being a journalist gives him the opportunity to put out such articles to either notify the reading spurs authorities and unsettle our best players. like what philip said too, it'd well be a case of him being 'touched up by someone with an agenda'. whatever it is though, we must be doing something right for people to take notice.

spurs interested in bellers? where were they 6 months ago? as for MGP, although i'm a fan, i wouldnt say no to 10m cash plus andy reid tongue.gif

spurs interested in bellers? where were they 6 months ago? as for MGP, although i'm a fan, i wouldnt say no to 10m cash plus andy reid tongue.gif

370694[/snapback]

Think you got the wrong end of the stick there vyeo, the report says -

"Pedersen is Rovers' joint top scorer with five league goals alongside Craig Bellamy, which has also impressed Spurs, "

The reporter is suggesting that Spurs are impressed by MGP's number of goals rather than Bellamy.

Still..Spurs have enough midfielders, leave MGP alone!*

* Unless that is they are willing to pay well over the odds.

B ) knows diddly squat about Rovers but an awful lot about MGP and Spurs, and

370692[/snapback]

Maybe Ciudado works for the guardian now wink.gif

I don't really know why Spurs would want him. His goal aside on Saturday he didn't really do that much. His corners are getting worse every time he takes them. However his goals are a very important part of our team and would leave a gap if he did leave.

It was 'Dingle Bashing' at Boro..... but I'm afraid it was the racist version at Wigan.....Bloody Morons.

370683[/snapback]

Two morons behind me did some racist chants in the first half that was sickening. Of course, there wasn't a steward in sight. Not as bad, but bloody annoying, was how they went on about their own fans. The language and the continuing insults about our own fans, as well as breaking the law (racist comments), is why I very rarely go to away games, and is why it will get even rarer post Wigan.

if you think this is PC rubbish, then I feel sorry for you.

rover.gif out off 5,200 rovers fans we have some who sing rasicts song,some who smoke,some that snort cocaine jesus get a life children if we were all the same it would be a pi$$ poor world. tinykit.gif

370706[/snapback]

Yup. Racism is all part of life's rich tapestry.

Excellent game, excellent atmosphere from where we were sat, cracking stuff all round. Why Rovers have to ease off when they go a goal up is beyond me, as we bossed the first 20, let them into it in the second period of the first half before finally sorting it out in the second half. The first and second goals came at key times when rovers needed to score. After the second I was certain rovers could see it through although I wouldn't have been suprised if it'd had finished a tense 2-1. As it was Rovers grew as the second half continued and really should hvae had more than three. Our counter attacking wasn't all that insightful and with the gaps opening up we perhaps should have done more. However that is a minor gripe on an otherwise excelent performance. The wigan forwards were handled supurbly, Rovers using the offside trap to good effect whilst our cbs were immense.

Raitings:

Brad 8 Not much to do did it well, communicated excellently with defence.

Neill 7 Solid game

Gray 7 Solid game, good off the line clearance, should have scored late on.

Nelsen 9 my word what a fantastic player coped with Wigan's very pacy forwards excellently. Also unlucky not to score

Zurab 8.5 Equally impressive.

Savage 9 sometimes you wonder whether his previous and antics are worth it, on todays performance he is, simply magnificent getting stuck in even when the rest of the team was not as fired up late on in the first half. Great runs into the box as well as contributing to the attacks - my man of the match.

Reid 8 poor distribution until his goal, and what a cracker it was, after which he really cleared up everything and looked very commanding in the centre of the midfield.

MGP 7 a bit sloppy at times but a cracking goal and some good attacks in the second half.

Bently 6 a bit quiet until Rovers got on top, after which he looked pretty impressive.

Kuqi 8 we've gone from winning nothing in the air to most things in the air - a very shrewd piece of business and again caused all sorts of problems.

Dickov 7 worked hard and made some good runs in the channels.

subs

Emo & Tommo didn't really have much chance to shine

Bellamy 8 good goal, took a while for him to get into it, don't really think the team understands his way of playing yet or vice versa. When he did get in the game he tormented wigan.

Fantastic day out, more of the same vs Pompey please.

Just saw MGP and Reids goals

Somehow MGP's found a way in, and what a strike by Reid.

If we weren't so hated by the media we'd have a few in the end of seasons top goals. Unfortunately though we will be lucky to have one.

Great result and we are set for a great 2006

There's an asian Rovers fan on the official board who confirmed that they were singing about a "town full of pakkies".

Whilst he did not seem particularly bothered about it and nobody has made a media issue out of it, I hope the Wigan Club get it sorted out.

370564[/snapback]

On what grounds Philip? Whilst not particularly intended to be complimentary its hardly an exaggeration or an inaccuracy is it?

Think you got the wrong end of the stick there vyeo, the report says -

"Pedersen is Rovers' joint top scorer with five league goals alongside Craig Bellamy, which has also impressed Spurs, "

The reporter is suggesting that Spurs are impressed by MGP's number of goals rather than Bellamy.

Still..Spurs have enough midfielders, leave MGP alone!*

* Unless that is they are willing to pay well over the odds.

370698[/snapback]

*sheepish* point fully taken! god i'm ashamed of myself! smile.gif

370650[/snapback]

Try getting the idea through your thick skull that racist chants of any kind at all are not, and never have been, acceptable by anybody with the slightest pretention to be civilised.

After going to nearly a thousand Away Matches since the 50s the Away at Wigan is now in the TOP 10 for goals ,atmosphere and sheer joy at our team.

The shot by Reid is the hardest I have ever seen...beating Shearer v QPR and the sonic boom of Tugay at Soton.

All in all well pleased and for over 5000 of us to see it FANTASTIC.

Me and my mate had tears in our eyes when 5k sang Jingle Bells at the end.

The best chant in football cos you've won and its helped make a good Xmas.

So rejoice and don't let the boot boys spoil the memory.

See you all at Man U away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.