SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic (0-3) Rovers

cn174

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a great day out, a throw back to how away matches used to be, a bit of an edge to the whole day.

Pity they'd snorted the lot whilst i was having a p**s  ph34r.gif  biggrin.gif

370750[/snapback]

you could have hid inside the straw tongue.gif

On what grounds Philip?  Whilst not particularly intended to be complimentary its hardly an exaggeration or an inaccuracy is it?

370722[/snapback]

Its factually correct.

Its the term used (pakis), which many find offensive. I believe "Paki" is generally used in a derogatory way similar to "N*****"

on another note

i find the jingle bells song a much better song

370797[/snapback]

Well i find it quite offensive!! mad.gif

I`d bet a small proportion of the 5000 travelling Rovers fans (not to mention the Wiganers) are not of christian faith & do not celebrate christmas, & thus they have to endure these vile chants of pure christianity! This must be stamped out!! dry.gif

unsure.gif

It is used in as derogatory manner as calling you a ginger tosser would be (something I would never dream of doing).

However, when it is used in songs about Paki-bashing, it becomes downright threatening.

The Rovers are absolutely right to be doing their utmost to get rid of that sort of language from amongst their supporters. Many people in Blackburn would be directly affronted or threatened to be called "Pakis" and it is very important that they feel welcome at Ewood if the decline in gates is to be arrested and reversed.

370812[/snapback]

Totally agree philipl. Use a bit of common sense here, not only is it ignorant but it also damages the club, not only the reputation.

As has been stated several times there is a large asian population in the Blackburn area. It is because of this that if we are looking to increase crowd sizes then we should be looking to bring some of that into Ewood and convert them to Blackburn supporters. Now I don't know about you but I don't think we'll see that happen while some sections of our supporters sing about "paki bashing", no more so then you or I would go to a game if we were surrounded by a bunch of asians, arabs, africans (whichever group you choose) who were singing about slaughtering the whites or whatever.

I`d bet a small proportion of the 5000 travelling Rovers fans (not to mention the Wiganers) are not of christian faith & do not celebrate christmas, & thus they have to endure these vile chants of pure christianity!

370824[/snapback]

(i)Errr Cletus, which part of the lyrics of "Jingle Bells" do you find "Christian?"

(ii) I too had the unfortunate pleasure of being sat behind some racist morons. I was somewhat mollified by the fact that they also managed to insult the rest of the fans by calling us c***s because we didn't join in their moronic fog-horn one liners.

(iii) Theno: if you think that "Paki" is nothing more than an abbreviation of the person's country of origin then you are fooling no-one but yourself.

(iv) I am well able to celebrate a great win at Wigan and be ###### off at the moronic racists. I have this ability to be able to think about two things. So please don't tell me to forget one of them in favour of the other.

(v) "Jingle Bells" was great at Wigan.

Isolated or not, the boys should have been pointed out to stewards and at the very least ejected.

Racism should not be tolerated AT ALL. Being drunk is not an excuse.

Edited by Jan

it is no different to singing songs about asian people

371027[/snapback]

I agree with you there.

It was the "hardcore racism" bit that got me,just seemed a bit sensationalist.

Doesn't matter,crossed wires and all that. rover.gif

Am I mistaken or is this thread supposed to be about our impressive win away at Wigan.....

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Reids goal was pretty good. Can't be arsed to wade through the last few pages of crap being spouted by the usual suspects.

How about keeping it on topic for a change.

Am I mistaken or is this thread supposed to be about our impressive win away at Wigan.....

371378[/snapback]

The thread is about the Wigam away fixture.

At this fixture some morons decided to chant racist comments towards Blackburn.

Therefore talking about it is just as legitimate as talking about Reids goal, as both happened at the Wigan away match.

It is unfair, on those who want to continue to enjoy the Wigan win, to close this thread. I have done my best to split out the non-football posts in this thread and move them to HERE. It's not perfect I know but it's all I have time for. The posts relating to racist chants have been left here where they are relevant to football, the other stuff has been moved to ICBINF.

No doubt some will feel their posts should not have been moved, for this I apologise, it isn't simple.

Anymore off-topic posts will simply be deleted, not moved.

Happy New Year and Broom smile.gif

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan wants Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers to be fined for not completing fixtures after their undersoil heating systems failed last week. Whelan accused them of 'bad management' for letting their fixtures be cancelled.

The Premier League is investigating the postponements of the two games. Newcastle United's game was called off because of problems in the surrounding area, and so won't be investigated.

Dave Whelan said: "If a club can't sort their heating system out they need to be fined heavily."

Wigan Athletic lost 3-0 at home to Blackburn Rovers on the following Saturday. Dave Whelan commented: "They were fresh as daisies. No wonder they won."

BAD MANAGEMENT! I'll tell you what bad management is ! When the pies are still frozen at ten past three!!

They should be fined for having a stand for 5,200 people but only having the room for about 1,500 under it.

Wigan Athletic lost 3-0 at home to Blackburn Rovers on the following Saturday. Dave Whelan commented: "They were fresh as daisies. No wonder they won."

371928[/snapback]

How does he know? He was swanning around in the Bahamas. Anyway how about Breach of Promise Dave?

Oh and like to comment on the Brum result Dave?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.