BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brett Emerton

weve seen why he was rated 8mllion once when he made his debut against wolves he has never reached them standards since thinks he set them too high

384573[/snapback]

or maybe, Wolves were just really really crap and did not even bother to do any research on watching Emerton play. biggrin.gif

its probably more likely

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst being excellently coached in the technical side of the game, mentally he is lacking as a footballer. Often he seems confused as to what to do with the ball, resulting in his delay and the breakdown of the attack, or at least the disruption of its flow - those passes back inside must be spirit breaking for his team mates I'm sure.

Thus endeth the lesson  tongue.gif

384477[/snapback]

Something I posted 2 seasons ago ER tongue.gif

Neil Weaver Posted Today, 13:21

QUOTE(Exiled_Rover @ Feb 16 2006, 06:42 )

Thus endeth the lesson 

Not much to disagree with there ER. Think his absence last night is pretty conclusive he'll be on his way in the summer. I'd be reasonably happy to get anywhere near £1m for him. Thing is, Capt K and myself are going to have to find someone else to have a moan about - still Pongolle is coming up on the rails  .

No Beef with Pongo for me Neil rolleyes.gif

The way I look at it is - Emerton will still have a saleable value come the end of the Season - lets make use of it

its time to get rid of Emerton he has had lots of chances to prove his talent but has let us down badly. He has know heart, he will never go in for a 50 50 and goes missing in games.

Bring back stuart ripley i say

384606[/snapback]

so going in for a 50/50 makes you a certain choice for the first XI then? hell bring back nicky marker and andy morrison. both completely talentless individuals who kicked the crap out of people, but at least they went into 50/50's eh?

so going in for a 50/50 makes you a certain choice for the first XI then? hell bring back nicky marker and andy morrison.  both completely talentless individuals who kicked the crap out of people, but at least they went into 50/50's eh?

384648[/snapback]

yes ok but he has no bottle. He never seems to want to go past his full back and passes back to Neil at every chance

Emerton is heading out of the club in the summer. I think there is no doubt about that provided we can find a buyer.

Hughes has shown he prefers Reid and Bentley, quite rightly in my opinion, and with the Emergence of Peter we could even play the Ped on the right.

Also I think a right winger will be on the shopping list come June.

Having seen Bert in many games for Feyenoord and Australia, I'm of the opinion that he's playing in a pretty unbalanced side and has been doing so for a few years now.

Whether he's playing to far forward or what, I'm not sure, but there's no "counterbalance" on the left.

When he was signed, I was savouring the thought of him on the right, Duff on the left and Tugs in the middle spraying passes left, right and centre.

Bert is a bloke that has sat many a good defender on their arses. Certainly he hasn't shown it at Ewood on a consistent basis, and, to my mind the blame has to go with GS. He wasn't developed to his potential under GS, and I think that it hasn't improved under Hughes.

Give Bert the ball, just behind the midfield, to run on to let him run at the defence, that's what he's good at.

Perhaps now we know why Feyenoord didn't give Emerton the right midfield position he craved back in his days in Dutch football.

He has so many quality attributes but the final package is just disappointing. He must be a high earner and if Hughes decides he can't get any more out of him, he has to go.

Emerton gets a real hard time IMO, far more criticism than he deserves.

He is one of those frustrating types of player that you see so many of. He shows all too rare flashes of brilliance that if he could produce every week he would be a real world beater.

The physical ability is there however I fear he will never have the mental toughness to make the most of his abilities. A very strange thing to say about an Aussie.

All in all though I thing we MORE than got value for money with him. What do people expect for 1.5 million pounds?? One thing you cant criticise is the lads work rate, he will run all day for you.

Im sure if we wanted rid there would be plaenty of takers but personally I dont see the point. He is a useful member of the squad and I cant see us getting any better for similar money.

All in all though I thing we MORE than got value for money with him. What do people expect for 1.5 million pounds?? One thing you cant criticise is the lads work rate, he will run all day for you.

Im sure if we wanted rid there would be plaenty of takers but personally I dont see the point. He is a useful member of the squad and I cant see us getting any better for similar money.

384966[/snapback]

He does try and he is not a desperately poor player, ideed he is very good defensively. But the fact of the matter is that he offers nothing more than Reid or Bentley there, while those two seem to have a lot more potential in the long run, can play several positions and, I bet, are on a lot less money.

I can't think of a single decent argument to keep him. The final one was to have him as cover for the Ped but with Peter now on the scene even that looks like it has gone.

As for better for similar money I bet we can. Pedersen was cheaper, and there will be others out there who we can get who are good for that kind of money- just a case of good scouting. Hell, I would even take Damien Johnson off Brum's hands if they went down. If we wanted to spend a couple of bob Routledge or Pennant might be available.

Im sure he will be back. But I would begin to consider him for the right back spot. I

386511[/snapback]

He won't come back from this. Unfortunately he's not good enough. I've never felt he was, even before he joined Rovers.

At this level, you need to have a good football brain, not just athleticism.

He won't come back from this. Unfortunately he's not good enough. I've never felt he was, even before he joined Rovers.

At this level, you need to have a good football brain, not just athleticism.

386530[/snapback]

Why is it poor Bert? He is not in the team because the other players deserve to be more than he does. He is gone.

And the one time we tried him at full back, against Newcastle I think, he was terrible. And why would we want to displace his compatriot Niell who is, as the crowd keep on pointing out, a football genius?

Im just hoping is bizzarely over inflated reputation gets us a decent fee for him come the summer.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Every now and again he shows us remarkable pace, skill and a godly ability to hit a head with the football from 30 yards - the rest of the time he runs up and down the touchline getting in peoples way. Credit where it's due, he has fantasic ability and is never afraid to take on an opponent but he's got no consistency and for every good game he has half a dozen bad ones. I'd gladly take £2m for him, possibly less, especially since signing Bentley (not that I think he's a great player but he's no worse then Emerton - no point paying them both wages).

I wouldn't mind seeing him try playing at right back though first, perhaps moving Neill to partner Nelsen in the centre. I don't think Zurab's good enough and Todd could lose his form as quickly as he found it, Neill could excel for us at centre back, he's never let Australia down in that position!

Edited by roverich

In a sad and twisted way i hope Neill has a crap world cup if it means we can keep hold of him. He is one of the best fullbacks in the country and possibly in Europe in my opinion.

As for Bert, if he leaves i will be a bit sad as he has potential and if he lived up to it like he did on his debut versus Wolves, he would be a good player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.