SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Phil is suggesting that the draw will be made by Jansen, who could use it as a final farewell.

Last game against QPRat Ewood, December 9th 2000. 0-0 draw.

Rovers

Freidel

Curtis

Kenna

Short

Berg

Flitcroft

McAteer

Jansen

Bent

Hughes

Duff

Att 16,886

A win is a must today. Another good cup run would be great for the club. I'm not sure what type of team I'd like to see today. Ideally I'd like to see a mix of players who've been playing regularly and those who haven't. Maybe Sergio Peter will get his first game for Rovers and I'd like to see Bellamy and Jansen up front. Aaron Mokoena could also do with game, preferably in midfield. Ian Holloway will have his players fired up for this one, so we have to expect a physical encounter.

Rovers win 3-1.

Rovers only expecting a 10,000 crowd today.

...and more general comments about the Cup losing its magic. With all 20 Premiership clubs facing lower league (or non-league) opposition and only 20/1 against them all survivinf the Third Round, we could be heading for the least romantic FA Cup ever. On the other hand...

No romance at Ewood this afternoon, thanks all the same.

Edited by philipl

Rovers only expecting a 10,000 crowd today.

...and more general comments about the Cup losing its magic. With all 20 Premiership clubs facing lower league (or non-league) opposition and only 20/1 against them all survivinf the Third Round, we could be heading for the least romantic FA Cup ever. On the other hand...

No romance at Ewood this afternoon, thanks all the same.

372262[/snapback]

its been the same for years. Do they expect Premiership clubs fans to sell out watching their team taking the ###### with some average Championshit club

Edited by greggyk

Its a much stronger line-up than I had presumed.

I would have rested Savage possibly.

What a bench to choose from and no Axe or Bentley on it either!

Finally, strength in depth this season. Great to see....No places for people like Amoruso, Flits, and Gresko. We truly have a big squad.

Edited by Bobby G

YES!

I also told everyone that Bellamy would start. It was obvious he was being slowly brough back...

372297[/snapback]

Just wait for him to get injured now tongue.gif He should have started the last match but as long as hughes thinks he is 100% and isn't going to break down thats brilliant!

Not the best of starts, apart from a good peter free kick, QPR have had the best 2 chances!

Quite a few of the prem teams area already leading!

edit: as i say that dickov has the best chance of the match! Should have been 1-0, oh and it is! laugh.gif Toddy!!!!! Easy Easy Easy

Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.