BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

Gawd !! have you seen the ref's stats posted on that link ???? could be Halsey's twin brother with all the cards he's dished out !!  blink.gif

371968[/snapback]

If I remember correctly he's only had one Premiership game, Fulham against Wigan and he was absolutely shocking. Booked Volz for diving when it was a stonewall penalty.

Should be fun!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if hughes plays our 2nd string team to rest a few players for the big one on wed's we could line up like this:

enks

neil zurab matteo gresko

emerton thompson flitty peter

jansen bellamy

jansen may have packed his bags already though

bellamy has been sub the last few games so he may start

peter could be given a chance

thompson, flitty, enks and gresko have hardly had a game this season.

if we play our strongest side they will be done in for wed's after seing how tired they were 2nd hald vs pompy they need a break.

on paper this looks a good side, i doubt this will be the 11 who start on saturday though withstupid.gif

I cant see wholesale changes for this. My team for tomorrow...

Friedal

Neil, Zurab, Nelsen, Gray

Emerton, Tugay, Savage, MGP

Bellamy, Dickov

Would like to see Peter given a start but would be happy for him to come on at half time once Pedersen's done the damage. I think Dickov will start as he's been the one getting subbed recently so not really due for a rest unlike Kuqi.

Ideally I think we'd all like to see some of the back-up players start but not at the expense of a possible upset.

Rovers to win 3-1 - Bellamy, Dickov & Emerton.

Edited by JamieUK

rover.gif cannot believe people think bellamy will start,he will start on wednesday but to play him tomorrow is foolish,the guy is injury prone so we must wrap him in cotton wool,and save him for the big games.would love taylor and peter to get a start,along with tommo,brett,toogs,the axe but sparky plays his cards close to his chest so it could be any 11 from 20 tinykit.gif

Bellamy has been brought on for the last 30 minutes during the last 3 matches and I think he will start tomorrow.

372116[/snapback]

I'm not sure that hughes would want to risk him on could be a nothing game, another spot on the bench. With the threat of introduction should things go wrong should be enough to see him face Manyoo fully fit and ready to rock n' roll.

Submitted by a member.

Former Rovers apprentice Gareth Ainsworth, couldn’t believe it when his father phoned him to tell him that QPR had been drawn against Rovers in the FA Cup. In fact Ainsworth is reported to have burst into tears for the second time because of Rovers and is being quoted as saying.

“I was out while my dad was watching the FA Cup draw at home in Lancashire,” “When QPR were drawn out he phoned to tell me and said ’What would be your dream game?’ “I said ’Blackburn away’ and he said ’That’s who you’ve got!’ I couldn’t believe it, it was an amazing feeling and there were tears in my eyes.

The QPR winger and his parents are big Rovers supporters and Ainsworth was a season-ticket holder at Rovers in the pre-Jack Walker days of Simon Garner and Scott Sellars. After a period as an apprentice with the club, he was moved to tears when he was released by then manager Don Mackay on his 18th birthday on the May 10, 1991.

After leaving Rovers his parents, from Blackburn, have watched nearly all of his 345 professional games, over the last 14 years, at Preston, Lincoln and Port Vale before he became a £2m player in 1998 when he signed for Wimbledon.

Ainsworth has never played at Ewood Park since being released and missed out whilst at Wimbledon due to injuries. Tomorrow he gets his chance to play at Ewood and is quoted as saying.

“I was so pleased for my mum and dad because they’ve watched so many of my games and travelled so far for me over the years.

“And for once they will be able to see me on their doorstep. It will be the shortest journey they have ever made to see me.

“I thought I’d missed my chance because after 14 years you kind of think some

things are not meant to happen. But this is the FA Cup!”

Ainsworth, who is Rangers’ top scorer this season with five goals, warmed up nicely for the Third Round tie with the equaliser in Monday’s draw against the Dingles, and is quoted as saying after Monday nights game.

“I still love Blackburn and I hate Burnley. I scored a lovely header against them and it sets me up nicely for this one. “I had so many great times at Ewood both as an apprentice and as a fan. For that reason I never bore any resentment towards them.

“I remember going down to Anfield on the coach with all the apprentices when the first team took them to a replay in the FA Cup in 1991.

“My dad first took me there when I was eight and I had a season-ticket soon after. I remember them building the WalkerSteel stand and thinking it was brilliant!

“Now after all the development it’s the smallest one of the four stands and looks a bit out of place!

“When I was released my dad made me write to loads of clubs. I quite fancied going into music. I have my own band now and my mum sang on the club scene in Manchester. She was offered a contract by EMI but married my dad instead!

“I ended up at Preston and everything took off from there. I’ve loved it at QPR over the last two years. We definitely have a chance of getting a result and in spite of everything, I’ll be trying my best to make sure we do.”

Personally i think there's nothing to worry about and we should rest most key players we have a difficult few weeks ahead and injuries always take their toll in january and febuary we should be naming a few youth team players in the team today but we still need some experience at the back and in midfield could this be jansen's final game in blue and white or would hughes not wish to cup tie him incase he does go to bolton might haunt us in later rounds????!

According to the official site, Jansen is not in the squad.

Looks like one very emotional half time draw.

372214[/snapback]

I always thought that Lee just put any old list of players in his news items, hence "the manager is likely to choose from".

I'm sure I once didn't see Jansen listed yet he ended up on the bench, not too long ago. unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.