BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

Congrats to Sparky and his policy of playing his strongest side possible for these cup games......it will/is bearing fruit!! rover.gif

Apart from the first 10 minutes Rovers comfortably controlled the game and Bellamy's first goal was a gem......just a shame there wasn't many Rovers fans there to witness it.I agree with others that the boy Peter looks a great prospect.

Excellent 3,000 following from QPR put our vocal support to shame yet again...I just hope all the stay aways are saving their coin for Wednesday mad.gif

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt give 2 monkeys about Liverpool`s score.

My observation about today`s game is how superior Rovers looked in every department and only playing in second gear for most of the match. I think we underestimate the skill levels of our own players when you see a side from a lower division. QPR were dreadfully poor and God help us if we ever lose our Prem status if that is the standard of the Championship. Well done to Sergio Peter who had a great debut and it was nice to see the whole team congratulate him on his second assist. Tugay was playing exhibition football and twice lost possession in a dangerous area but you cannot be too critical of this magician. Well done Bellers on 2 goals and I`ve yet to see him fall out with his teammates and he plays with a smile on his face now. Perhaps Hughesy has tamed the beast.

Well done Sergio Peter on a smashing debut.

Seems that everyone is underwhelmed by what was a routine win (isn't it nice to start having those?).

The gulf between the Prem and the rest is pretty frightening judging by today's results- all 20 Prem clubs look like they'll be in Monday's 4th Round draw although Wigan will have to be at their best to survive at Leeds and the Baggies will start second favourites when they go to Reading.

So the probability is that we'll get a tricky draw. Its just bound to be Man U at home for us!

The one worrying thing was that late on they had a few headed chances that they put harmlessly over or wide. However they were unmarked (I think from set pieces) and on Weds night we'll get punished. Other than that we were very good today.

Bellers again looked different class with two cracking finishes. Tugay was excellent at times in the midfield and Peter had a good debut. Hope Grays back on Wednesday night though. Every time Matteo comes back into the side it takes him about 6 games to get back into it. He looks once again a bit like a footballing slug with poor distribution which at times last season he showed he's not.

Only 12000 or so on today and it's very obvious why. The gulf between the Championship and the PL is so great these games are almost meaningless. Rovers dealt very competently and professionally with QPR without even moving out of first gear. Hughes got the team selection spot on and we should see the full first choice on Wednesday all nicely sharpened up, ready to go.

I thought Peter made a good debut and should be credited with a bit more than three assists. He created all three goals, a damn sight more than an assist. If someone can create three goals on Wednesday we'll be laughing all the way to Cardiff.

and look at those fans standing up! Disgraceful they should have been thrown out!  wink.gif  tongue.gif

372416[/snapback]

One was ejected from the Darwen end side of the Riverside stand. He and his two mates were standing and singing and bringing life to a empty-seated dull place. They weren't obstructing anyone's view. In fact they were entertaining us. Over-zealous stewarding was NOT appreciated by the rest of us.

I know about the rules but if the ground had been packed and most had been standing would these stewards have evicted anyone then?

Shame on you!!!

mad.gif

Only 12000 or so on today and it's very obvious why. The gulf between the Championship and the PL is so great these games are almost meaningless.

372435[/snapback]

I don't think the fans stay away from these games because rovers are likely to walk over these sides. More likely the romance of the cup has gone for good. Gone are the days when a team from ANY division could make real inroads and possibly even WIN the cup. Everyone knows that if and when the big boys take it seriously, no-one else can get anywhere near winning it. To 95% of clubs, the competition is dead.

That's sad. My first experience of Ewood was in a FA cup third round game where I was dazzled by a packed Ewood Park, bathed in blue and white scarves, rattles and balloons. Fabulous, but the powers that be have allowed the degeneration of a GREAT competition.

Here we go again, another gate debate.

Reason for low gate.

1. Gulf between Premiership and Championship

2. Magic of the cup gone.

3. Cost.

4. Other commitments

On this occation I would suggest all of the first 3 reasons contributed towards the low gate, in particular cost, bearing in mind the close proximety of home fixtures against, Portsmouth, Man Utd and Bolton just after the Christmas expenditure.

Hats off to Rovers for reducing the price for this game and kids for a quid on Monday, but for the average fan on the minimum wage, with a family to support, knowing that his next pay cheque wont be until the end of the month, which game is going to be his priority in watching.

Fast forwarded through most of MOTD til i got the "6 prem teams at home" and was most dissappointed. Very easy goals, no Reid piledrivers or MGP spectaculars. What is the world coming to when rovers win 3-0 and there all tap ins smile.gif

Happy to be through, would be very happy with a 2-0 win on wednesday! wink.gif with sav getting both and vidic getting a red card! rover.gif

Look at it this way.

We won quite easily. Avoided a replay and possibly a cup shock.

As for the attendance it wasn't going to bring everyone in through the turnstiles, it's QPR at home who haven't been doing too well anyway in the Championship.

It's just after Xmas. People maybe looking to go to Wednesday's game rather than QPR's game.

All in all. I'm happy, avoided a shock as I said earlier, avoided a replay, another game which we don't need.

Confidence is still good for Wednesday's game, Peter had a good debut and Bellamy got 90 minutes.

Fast forwarded through most of MOTD til i got the "6 prem teams at home" and was most dissappointed. Very easy goals, no Reid piledrivers or MGP spectaculars. What is the world coming to when rovers win 3-0 and there all tap ins  smile.gif

Happy to be through, would be very happy with a 2-0 win on wednesday!  wink.gif with sav getting both and vidic getting a red card!  rover.gif

372469[/snapback]

I think you fastforwarded too far, Bellamy's goals were class. No tap ins there.

I think you fastforwarded too far, Bellamy's goals were class. No tap ins there.

372473[/snapback]

The volley was good but no less than i would expect from a player of his class against a div 1(champ) keeper!

All i'm saying is it was easy, too easy if you ask me i think theres a trap ahead....man utd? huh.gifph34r.gif

My lad came for the first time and after giving roversismylife, Tris and Glenn funny looks in the concourse decided he quite enjoyed the football and is desperate to come again. Bolton match it is!!!

Good to watch yesterday, professionally dealt with QPR without ever struggling.

Sergio Peter had a stormer, which is good, have watched him a dozen or so times and he always looked streets ahead of the other lads.

And I got United away tickets.

And finally, a great big thank you to Jordan and Glenn/Jill who jumped to our aid because some dipstick (that would be me) left the lights on and had a flat battery. - Many Thanks, pint waiting for you on Wednesday.

A good result for Rovers, keeping the winning run going. I was glad to see Sergio Peter finally play, because a lot has been said about this boy and I can see why. Setting up all three goals on your debut isn't too shabby. Maybe he will challenge Morten for the left wing spot now. Bellamy's goals were class finishes, showing why he is so important to the team. Hopefully we will get another decent draw in the cup and get past the next couple of rounds.

The interesting aspect about Bellamy is that before he came to Rovers he had a reputation as a poor finisher. Indeed I have seen Celtic laying the blame for their blow out which handed the SPL to Rangers on Bellamy's poor finishing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.