BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

Had a quick scen round, not much on the QPR forums yet. Found a couple of threads..

LSA Nessage Board Predictions

LSA Thread On Singing

QPR Rivals Thread

Official Site Ticket Sales

Official Site Preview

Quite looking forward to this one, makes a pleasant change to Premiership pressure. Feel we really should win it obviously, 2-0 would do me. Think we could run into fixture congestion shortly though with all this success...

Edited by ozziejones

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the preview Ozz.

BTW - there is nothing lined up for the Man United CC game at Ewood. If someone wants to put a quick preview forward, then let us know on here. First come, first served.

Edited by den

I'll do the away leg. I'm surrounded by Mancs and the bank manager's car registration is UTD 111.

QPR very mid-table Coca Cola club so having tonked Leeds 3-0 should be straightforwards PROVIDED we approach it the right way. Anything worse than the second half performance against Pompey is asking for trouble.

Rovers to win 3-1.

Edited by philipl

Clueless to what the team will be considering we have a much bigger game midweek...

My guess...

Friedel

Neill Todd Khizanishvili Matteo

Thompson Savage Tugay Emerton

Bellamy Bentley

I would also expect Bellamy to be replaced after an hour or so, but I think that team will be good enough for a 3-0 victory.

Erm- isn't that nearly our strongest fit team? I'd be horrified if Savage was playing- he was completely exhausted on Monday and needs a lot of rest. I think we might see some younger lads in there, with the main team on the bench to come on if necessary (well- three of them anyway)

BTW - there is nothing lined up for the Man United CC game at Ewood. If someone wants to put a quick preview forward, then let us know on here. First come, first served.

371646[/snapback]

You got someone for this now Den? If not I'll do it.

Erm- isn't that nearly our strongest fit team?  I'd be horrified if Savage was playing- he was completely exhausted on Monday and needs a lot of rest.  I think we might see some younger lads in there, with the main team on the bench to come on if necessary (well- three of them anyway)

371658[/snapback]

Well I'm struggling to think of many central midfielders we have bar Savage, Tugay, Reid ans Mokoena, two of which are unavailable.

Hughes will put out a team he expects can win comfortably enough, the last thing he wants is to knacker those who will be playing mid week.

I would not think if Jansen is leaving why he would play, if he happens to get injured then what does he do.

Also on the game, with one eye on the Mancs in Midweek this a banana skin waiting to happen. Approach this game with anything less than 100% focus and we will be out of the Cup. Tricky game this.

Must admit the announcement that there will be an announcement after next Tuesday's Board Meeting is very odd. I can only conclude that he will play.

371688[/snapback]

I think that's probably a very naive conclusion. Hughes desparately wants to do well on all fronts and I'm not sure he would put sentimentality ahead of getting a result, especially considering the fact that QPR are no pushovers. The last thing we want is a tricky away leg replay.

I think we'd all love Jansen to start one last game for us and do well, and I'd like to see it too, but I think we're allowing a bit too much sentimentality and daydreaming to cloud the situation.

"If" Jansen does play will probably be a late second half sub, but with the risk of being cup-tied for his future team and Hughes wanting to put a potentially strong squad out, probably won't play.

Hoping for a comfortable win for us.

Tricky one to call this. We desperately need to rest some players - but look limited in some areas.

Though a huge risk - I would like to see some fringe players brought in.

Maybe we will see an appreance from Flitty, Amo and Gresko before they go to pastures new. Even if they end up Cup Tied - I would play them to rest Savage, Nelsen and Gray. For me Matteo would play centre half and Nolan right back.

I would go with a risky :-

Friedal

Nolan Amo Matteo Gresko

Emerton Thommo Flitty Peter

Jansen Dickov

Then place lots of attacking talent on the bench for a rescue act wink.gif

On paper the above side should be good enough to beat a Championship side - but can't help feeling it has banana skin written all over it.

The problem is for Hughes, the players looked dead on their feet on Monday - and I am sure would struggle to beat United on Wednesday if too many of them play against QPR.

I think that's probably a very naive conclusion. Hughes desparately wants to do well on all fronts and I'm not sure he would put sentimentality ahead of getting a result, especially considering the fact that QPR are no pushovers. The last thing we want is a tricky away leg replay.

I think we'd all love Jansen to start one last game for us and do well, and I'd like to see it too, but I think we're allowing a bit too much sentimentality and daydreaming to cloud the situation.

371692[/snapback]

Can you explain why the announcement is being delayed until after Tuesday's board meeting then?

When I have parted company with an employer or had staff depart, the announcement invariably is made on the day of the resignation unless there is some complicating issue which simply cannot be sorted on the day. Otherwise you get Tony Parkes-type communication muck-ups which having had one of those, I would think the Rovers would prefer to avoid another. The Rovers weren't exactly without notice given Matty's big press coup all over the Sunday papers.

On that basis I am astonished that the Telegraph's Farewell Matty headline has been proved wrong.

I can only guess that Jansen has asked to be paid properly as fourth choice striker and that is what is going to the Board and a last chance on the pitch has also been requested- both to show Rovers he can still do it and to show the shop window he can.

For all the talk of Bolton and Everton, the only interest admitted by a club in Jansen is from Huddersfield with a rumour about Derby. On that basis he could well prefer being paid as Rovers' fourth choice striker to going elsewhere so it might be Matty's side that has pulled back from the brink in which case we might not see him on Saturday.

A certain MGP finally got a run out in the third round of the FA Cup last year after playing as little football for Rovers as Matty has this season.

Of course, it could be pure sentimentality and Matty is getting ten minutes to wave goodbye but that makes no sense as he would be cup-tied and is losing a week's wages.

Edited by philipl

Can you explain why the announcement is being delayed until after Tuesday's board meeting then?

371703[/snapback]

I cannot. I don't know how these things work and I never pretend to either. It certainly doesn't mean that the ONLY conclusion is that he will play on Saturday. He may play, he may not. I would imagine it will be more beneficial to play one of our returning loanees.

Who knows why it has been delayed. Maybe it's a deliberate ploy to get people to assume he'll play on Saturday and get their tickets for one last look at the lad. Maybe it's a paperwork thing. I don't know.

Maybe Hughes will give him the sentimental piece of action for us all to treasue. Maybe he won't be in the squad. only Mark Hughes knows that. And I don't believe we can make the decision for him based on when any announcements are made.

Don't think anyone can explain if that is the case philip.

I too hope to see one last game, but to be honest, it's not as if he deserves it, and they could so easily just get him out on the pitch before the game or at half time to say his goodbyes.

If Hughes does see him as surplus, imagine how embarrassing his final ''hurah'' could be? Would any of us want that?

Plus lets not forget the most important thing, progressing in the competition.

Well if he does play and scores five and looks an all round superstar and still leaves anyway we're all going to be gutted as well as looking pretty stupid. I can't see him playing to be honest.

Strange decision if you ask me (to delay the announcement, but to announce that that he's leaving anyway ( blink.gif )). Maybe we're waiting for some mysetry person from Jersey to fly over with a rubber stamp?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.