SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing. 3 assists and finally someone who can cross the ball into the danger area, seemingly consistently.

Plus Bellers got 2 goals so we cant complain. The only problem I have that none of his goals, possibly other than the 2 against Chelsea (albeit in vain), were meaningful.

He usually scored his goals after the result was confirmed.

Plus Bellers got 2 goals so we cant complain. The only problem I have that none of his goals, possibly other than the 2 against Chelsea (albeit in vain), were meaningful.

He usually scored his goals after the result was confirmed.

372351[/snapback]

There's no pleasing some people.

rover.gif cannot believe people think bellamy will start,he will start on wednesday but to play him tomorrow is foolish,the guy is injury prone so we must wrap him in cotton wool,and save him for the big games.

372070[/snapback]

I thought he would start and he did, notching 90 minutes in the process.

Bellamy needed that to get match fit. I don't think it would have helped at all to have him underdone for the upcoming games, especially the United game on Wednesday. Now that he's got 90 minutes done against somewhat easier opposition where he wasn't under immense pressure we know he is ready.

Anyway, well done Hughes on everything today. That Peter is looking quite an asset.

Peter or 'Payter'

372359[/snapback]

The theory is(according to RR) he is german so 'payter', otherwise he sounds a bit english and common! tongue.gif

But who cares if he can play like that in the premiership for us! rover.gif

edit: Sergio has just been on RR and it's definately Peter thumbs-up.gif and the kid wants to be in and around the first team! As an Attacking Mid, rather than a left winger.

Edited by modes98

rover.gif well done sparky good selection for the game,like i said you can never guess who he will pick.i was very suprised to see bellars in the 11 but promptly backed him for the last goal.peter had a very tidy 1st game,he has put some bulk on from last season,not many tricks he kept it plian and simple,got the motm but mine was lucas.the game was over as a contest after 20 minutes,but qpr kept going. tinykit.gif

Peter did ok - kept things simple but apart (!) from the 3 passes for the goals didn't really do anything else of note! He maybe tried to take on the full back 2/3 times - First time I've seen him and he looked more of a left sided midfielder than an out and out winger - Seemed reluctant to go for the byline.

Bellamy is on a different level to the majority of our players. If we can build the team around him during the next few years we will be a top 6 side.

Overall I thought the performance was ok - The scoreline perhaps flattered Rovers and they were unlucky not to score. If we play the same on Weds I fear another 3-0 but this time reversed. :s

Hopefully MGP will be refreshed and have the same impact as when he was left out of the side recently. Onwards and upwards!

smile.gif

Please please please Rovers supporters and fellow members of the forum

NO MORE WHINGEING

we won 3-0 it does not matter how or who played or who scored or how big the bloody crowd was

a WIN

another CLEAN SHEET

a CONFIDENCE booster

the unearthing of a gem called PETER

The semi final first leg on Wednesday is being approached by the underdogs of Blackburn, a team with a reknowned fame for being up for a fight, a team that is on a fantastic run of wins, a team that is bang in form, a team full of confidence and a team tht is scoring goals for fun.

United beware

oh finally LAWRO - please predict a massive Rovers loss smile.gif

I thought overall we did really well today. We always did just enough without overextending ourselves and notched a couple of quality goals in the process.

A performance of great potential from Peter. A couple of superb assists for two of the goals and seemingly a very good dlivery from corners and set pieces.

Bellamy is absolutely top drawer and his importance to us simply can't be overstated. Even his presnce on the bench makes us a different proposition. Another top quality striker should be a transfer window priority if we are to realise the potential of this very promising looking season under our outstanding young manager.

Matteo was very poor which is hardly a surprise, so was Thompson which was very disappointing considering you'd have thought he wanted to make an impact.

Luton the best side, although Gerrard is awesome

372373[/snapback]

Beresford saved a Cisse penalty which was awarded in dodgy circumstances.

And then only gives the Liverpool keeper a yellow for their Penalty when last man.

3-1 !!

Beresford saved a Cisse penalty which was awarded in dodgy circumstances.

And then only gives the Liverpool keeper a yellow for their Penalty when last man.

3-1 !!

372383[/snapback]

IMO First one wasn't a pen and it was a good save

Second was a foul but just outside the area and i think Jamie C was covering just behind, so hense the yellow, although there is little doubt he would have scored if he had got past carson.

Come on Newell's white army! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.