BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

Otherwise great result for Rovers!! As mentioned already if we were put to the test or even lost(gasp!) our confidence would be shot for the mid-week match. But we ran out legitimate winners and we didn't slip on the banana peel that this match could have very well been. The team is showing us that we shouldn't fear the "inevitable" after winning a few games. Hughes better watch out, though, because with wins come expectations and I think we're all coming with our expectations of at LEAST a top ten finish to the season. How different from the past two years, but how refreshing!

How did that Ainsworth lad perform? did he play "inspired" football in front of his old team and home crowd or was he as mediocre as the rest of his mates? Did he get any reaction at all from the crowd?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lad came for the first time and after giving roversismylife, Tris and Glenn funny looks in the concourse decided he quite enjoyed the football and is desperate to come again.  Bolton match it is!!!

And I got United away tickets.

372487[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Got United away also, seemed to be a few after the game wanting them, all depends on Wednesday.

How many things did the Rovers players do that they wouldnt normally get away with in a premiership game, the defenders playing keep ball in our own box, Tugay playing keep-e-uppy in the centre of midfield whilst rotating 360 degrees with a QPR player riding his back trying desperately to get the ball off him -showboat time good job Mourinho wasnt managing.

Nice to see Andy Todds over the top celebrations for scoring didn`t earn him a booking.

Sensible refereeing at its best.

372538[/snapback]

Todd needs to calm down, IMO he went too far. Every credit to the QPR fans for not reacting. However I fully expect the FA to review the video highlights and charge Todd for this, sometime in September.

Todd needs to calm down, IMO he went too far. Every credit to the QPR fans for not reacting. However I fully expect the FA to review the video highlights and charge Todd for this, sometime in September.

372589[/snapback]

If that is the case then I wholeheartedly congratulate the FA on the "oiling of the cogs" which must have taken place to get the discliplinary wheels turning in the correct timely fashion.

How did that Ainsworth lad perform?  did he play "inspired" football in front of his old team and home crowd or was he as mediocre as the rest of his mates?  Did he get any reaction at all from the crowd?

372551[/snapback]

He came on for about the last 30 mins to a round of applause from the whole ground (don't think he ever played for a senior Rovers side though?). I thought he looked their best player - had a shot from outside the box that Friedel made a good save from - and he made sure he swapped shirts with Bellamy at the final whistle!

372589[/snapback]

What did he do exactly? Didn't watch MOTD and was too busy cheering to notice Todd's celebration.

He came on for about the last 30 mins to a round of applause from the whole ground (don't think he ever played for a senior Rovers side though?).  I thought he looked their best player - had a shot from outside the box that Friedel made a good save from - and he made sure he swapped shirts with Bellamy at the final whistle!

372603[/snapback]

Good to hear he at least showed up to play and that the crowd recognized him with more than a boo or something. And that's why I couldn't understand why Hollo didn't start him. I mean you play in front of your boyhood team AND your family and friends, you usually play better than usual...But then I guess Hollo had some expectation that he'd actually win or something daft like that!

This QPR web site made Ainsworth their man of the match. Good report by the way.

372622[/snapback]

Not really - the author doesn't admit that Rovers strolled through that game, yet still won 3-0. He or she is deluding themselves that with a bit of luck they could have eeked out a draw. In truth Rovers could have simply stepped their game up, out of the second gear they were comfortably engaged in, and made QPR look as bad as they truely are.

As for Savage and Tugay kicking seven bells out of Rowlands, what a joke - they're two of the softest tackling midfielders I've ever seen. wink.gif

Another good day out, although such wins aren't as satisfying as when we beat teams with a bit of class (Burnley excepted). Rovers were in second gear the entire game, and had we not had a host of important fixtures coming up and thus put out our best 11 and told them to really go for it I'm fairly confident we'd have won by the 8/9-0 margin.

As it was we have a few important games coming up, leaving Hughes with a tricky decision of how many players to rest, at what pace to conduct the game and so forth. Rovers did it brilliantly - they held plenty in reserve and still ran out comfortable winners.

Tommo and Matteo should never get near the rovers team again. In Tommo's defence he seemed to be trying to hard, as for Matteo he looked average against a very poor team - when does his contract run out? No scout would be daft enought to recommend him to their club. One family member who hadn't seen them all season commented that Matteo looked to have put on weight, and after a rather impressive and interesting interview with our fitness coach on radio rovers I find this all the more worrying.

Zurab showed his skill on the ball whilst Neill was again excellent. Bit worried that Todd got a bit rattled by Furlong occasionally, hope it was because he was avoiding getting injured/booked as Rooney will provide a much tougher challenge.

I haven't seen the reserves this year and Peter seems to have grown a lot since I saw him last. Very impressive performance, although not getting carried away it was against an awful QPR side.

Overall Rovers did exactly what they had to do, here's looking forward to what we can do with all guns blazing on Wednesday (albeit against marginally better opposition huh.gif .)

What did he do exactly? Didn't watch MOTD and was too busy cheering to notice Todd's celebration.

372604[/snapback]

Bob was employing heavy irony there mate. Todd hardly reacted in fact his 'celebration' was even more laid back then Gerrards was for Lpools first goal.

Clayton Green? £12 tickets? FA Cup? Why didn't you go?

Can`t believe anyone is suggesting that the cup has lost its magic.

Just look at some of the results north and south of the border.

Fantatsic weekend of football.

ANd as I type this, Leicester have just knocked Spurs out!

Oh, and how can anyone say Rovers were poor?

We were not poor, but just did what we needed to to win it. The game was just too comfortable, it was like a preseason friendly in the first half, and in the second QPR tried to have a go at us. We never really needed to step up a gear.

The gulf in class was all to apparent in this game, but there were few premier league sides in this round who managed to show that.

It must be just me - but I thought that Peter's debut was only compentent. Yes it was his debut - but if MGP had put in a performance like that I don't think he would have got the plaudits that Peter did. Bellamy made the best of a poor cross - with an excellent finish - and also made the best of an average pass for the 3rd goal.

Having said that - he did show enough to think he is a worthwhile addition to teh 1st team squad. But I didn't see enough from him tothink he will be the answer to our prayers when MGP leaves for Chelsea smile.gif

Anyone else remember Mark Patterson's debut on the left wing ? He looked great on the day - then the coaches got hold of him and stopped him doing all that silly dribbling lark tongue.gif

It must be just me - but I thought that Peter's debut was only compentent. Yes it was his debut - but if MGP had put in a performance like that I don't think he would have got the plaudits that Peter did. Bellamy made the best of a poor cross - with an excellent finish - and also made the best of an average pass for the 3rd goal.

Having said that - he did show enough to think he is a worthwhile addition to teh 1st team squad. But I didn't see enough from him tothink he will be the answer to our prayers when MGP leaves for Chelsea  smile.gif

Anyone else remember Mark Patterson's debut on the left wing ? He looked great on the day - then the coaches got hold of him and stopped him doing all that silly dribbling lark  tongue.gif

372783[/snapback]

Your spot on DMTP, though the young German certainly has attitude and looks the best youngster we've blooded since the debut days of Dunn and Duff.

It was good to see him alongside MGP and for the first time i thought what a top quality player we have in Morten Gamst Pedersen.

The future is very very positive for Rovers - cant believe it after the past few disappointing seasons.

Did anyone from the Press actually attend the game? There was no mention of it in the Observer yesterday or the Guardian today, and only two sentences describing the match in the Sun.

Still, at least I got to see the goals on MOTD. Once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.