BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 QPR. F.A. cup

Ozz

Let's assume what is public knowledge is the truth.

As Matt Jansen, would you prefer to go to Huddersfield on £6K a week max,

or

Do you settle on being Sparky's fourth choice striker on about £8K a week basic and massive bonuses if you he picks you?

If the Board meeting decision is anything other than a smokescreen, it can only be a new contract they are talking about because Matty's old one is expired.

Enough of speculation- just seen the LET article and he won't be playing on Saturday!

Edited by philipl

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can everyone stop saying "Banana Skin"?

Ok.... land mine.

Priority 1 has to be to continue our purple patch. Progress in the cup competitions as it is clearly carrying over to our other results. If Matty hasn't figured much in the runup to these matches -- why would he deserve minutes on Saturday?

I just don't see Sparky letting sentiments getting in the way of silver. (top man that sparky!)

Enjoy a good day out, everyone !

Having a peek at the links provided above-- it would appear that the Ranger's faithful don't expect much. It's nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

cheers all. rover.gif

i wouldnt be bothred if we lost this only to go on and beat united over 2 legs

i think hughes HAS to rest some players, we have a tough time coming up

hopefully we`ll get to see sergio peter

could go either way, but not a draw, please no draw

i wouldnt be bothred if we lost this only to go on and beat united over 2 legs

i think hughes HAS to rest some players, we have a tough time coming up

hopefully we`ll get to see sergio peter

could go either way, but not a draw, please no draw

371740[/snapback]

We should'nt underestimate them, but it would nice to see some of the new 1st team arrivals have a run out.

A draw could mean a backlog of games and possible injuries. Its a long trip to Loftus Road.

Anyone remember that South African pub?

We have to rest some players. We've got some huge games coming up in January, both in the league and cup, and there's no way we'll be able to field the same team in all of them. Even if a weakened team means we go out of the FA cup, it's a risk we just have to take.

So, I'd go for:

Friedel

Zurab..Todd (if fit)..Matteo..Gresko

Emerton..Mokoena..Thompson..Peter

Bellamy..Derbyshire or JJ

Hopefully, Bellamy's class will be enough to see us through. 2-1 Rovers.

Dont expect Gresko to feature. Certainly don't expect to see Jansen or any of the other deadwood either. Hughes will probably make minimal changes, and only include players that have a potential future at the club. That probably rules out a few youngsters some people have mentioned. Peter is probably the only "new" face likely to feature.

IMO

I believe that Sparky will continue with his philosophy of a strong side - QPR do have a reputation of being physical so I would expect Todd & the Axe to play, 3-1 to the Rovers.

371826[/snapback]

He will play a strong squad but we have had 4 tough games in the last week and a bit plus with the cup semis and the league games coming up some players will need rests. I expect us to have a tea out that is far too god for them though.

Just seen Hughes on Sky Sports News saying he hasn't played a weakened side in the Carling cup, and wont be doing in the FA cup.

oh yes, 3-0 Rovers

Edited by Jim J

We have to rest some players.  We've got some huge games coming up in January, both in the league and cup, and there's no way we'll be able to field the same team in all of them.  Even if a weakened team means we go out of the FA cup, it's a risk we just have to take.

So, I'd go for:

Friedel

Zurab..Todd (if fit)..Matteo..Gresko

Emerton..Mokoena..Thompson..Peter

Bellamy..Derbyshire or JJ

Hopefully, Bellamy's class will be enough to see us through. 2-1 Rovers.

371809[/snapback]

Thats pretty much the team I would go for. The only difference for me would be a recall for Gallagher and give him a run out up top. With Jansen gone I would expect the lad from shad to be winging his way back.

Just seen Hughes on Sky Sports News saying he hasn't played a weakened side in the Carling cup, and wont be doing in the FA cup.

oh yes, 3-0 Rovers

371863[/snapback]

Absolutely right- what's the point of getting the lads super fit and not taking advantage of that?

The risks of going with a weakened side are:

- QPR raise their game because of the affront of it

- Psychological damage to the Rovers when our second stringers inevitably struggle (it is not as though they even play together in the reserves so they are hardly match fit as a unit)

- Big psychological damage if we lose

- The total buggeration of having to put a decent side out in our week off if it goes to a replay

The advantage of a strong side is if we get in control early, it should take the edge off QPR and reduce the risk of "competitive" tackling injuring our guys. With a bit of luck, we can ease off the gas and use substitutes early in the second half.

I'm sticking with 3-1!

Glad he's tipped as a potential upset- it will be a stroll now!

But he has Hull v Villa and WBA v Reading as safe bets for the Premiership sides!!!

Those are games where the Prem side starts off as outsiders in my book. Boro and Newcastle will know they've been in a game when the full time whistle goes as well and I doubt the Chelsea boys will be too comfortable with a dose of third division reality from the Terriers.

Yep classic lawro on the BBC website - although we have won the last 5 games convincingly. He is a joker.

Is gally back from his loan period?

If so it would be good to see him play but might upset Dickov and Kuqi.

Possible team:

Brad

Neil Todd(if fit) Zurab Gray(if well)

Bret The Axe Sav Peter

Gally Bells

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.